Afterlife? Reincarnation? Spirits? Mummies?

Options

Comments

• BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    Put it into perspective, though. Each life is a learning experience. When we die we go to the afterlife, which is called the Bardo in Buddhism. It is similar to heaven or hell or in between, only it is temporary. Then we are born again into the next life. We continue to evolve gradually as we learn the lessons in each life, so we will be human again in the next one. Lower forms of life evolve over many lifetimes into higher ones. Then finally, when all the lessons have been learned, we no longer need a physical body, so we can move on permanently.

If such was the case, we'd be much further along than we are now.
    A spiritual transferal of knowledge, understanding and experience over thousands and thousands of years would amass a much more impressive race of beings.

We're not that race.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    No, nobody can have the exact same genes, not even twins. To look exactly like someone else isn't genetics, to resemble someone and to look almost identical is genetics.

show me two people that look exactly alike, non twin, and then maybe i can try to see where you coming from.
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    nobody looks EXACTLY like their great grandfather, ?

Thats why I said that person would be the perfect example of being reincarnated. Because you can't look exactly like someone else, thats impossible. With all this technology today, when reincarnation happens , the person who is reincarnated will be able to prove it.
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    There are plenty thing in this life that you can't remember. You were a baby but you don't remember it. Just because you don't remember it, that doesn't mean that you weren't a baby. So I don't remember isn't a strong argument, and not remembering a whole past life might be a blessing.

Wow that makes it seem even more ? . How in the hell can you LEARN from one life to next if you cant even remember the errors you made in the past one. Thats ? *n idiotic.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Wow that makes it seem even more ? . How in the hell can you LEARN from one life to next if you cant even remember the errors you made in the past one. Thats ? *n idiotic.

Exactly.
  • Hyde Parke
    edited June 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    to be honest i have no clue.. i just live life with the faith that my good works will be rewarded when i pass...

you cant say you have no clue, then say you believe you will be rewarded for your good works when you pass. You have to have some kind of clue right? I mean how do you know you are doing good work? is this based soley on if you followin the commandments? and even when you dont follow them you can ask for forgiveness and do it all over again. is that good works? where did all those people in the bible go after they died? why no stories on their afterlives? you dont have to answer, just thinkin outloud.
  • edwardnigma
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Hyde Parke wrote: »
    show me two people that look exactly alike, non twin, and then maybe i can try to see where you coming from.

keene_photo_1.jpg

Then he grew out his beard

2633362312_cba3421763_o.jpg

I don't know who the ? the guy is next to him or what tha website was talking about but he and the guy with Black hair are dead on.
  • edwardnigma
    edited June 2010
    Options

WHo the hell said you had to learn anything. Maybe your thinking too hard.
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Members, Banned Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Thsi is being moved to the correct room. Im assuming thats why your other thread was deleted.
  • louis the great
    edited June 2010
    Options
    you cant say you have no clue, then say you believe you will be rewarded for your good works when you pass. You have to have some kind of clue right? I mean how do you know you are doing good work? is this based soley on if you followin the commandments? and even when you dont follow them you can ask for forgiveness and do it all over again. is that good works? where did all those people in the bible go after they died? why no stories on their afterlives? you dont have to answer, just thinkin outloud.

Most are still dead just like everybody else. Only a select few have gone to Heaven. I dont subscribe to the you go to heaven when you die or hell, thats ? and not the truth. You aint goin nowhere untill Jesus returns to this Earth.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

faith
    faith
    faith
    faith...

i have no clue how right or wrong i may be when it's all said and done.. i'm just going off of faith alone...

read what you quoted... i said i just live with the FAITH that my good works will be rewarded..

how do i know my works are good??

i have faith that they are.. it's what i feel and believe, not what i know for certain and i can prove...

live by faith, not by sight
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    these two men that dont look alike look exactly alike

youre ?
  • Hyde Parke
    edited June 2010
    Options
    keene_photo_1.jpg

Then he grew out his beard

2633362312_cba3421763_o.jpg

I don't know who the ? the guy is next to him or what tha website was talking about but he and the guy with Black hair are dead on.

the 1st one, their noses are different.
  • Hyde Parke
    edited June 2010
    Options
    faith
    faith
    faith
    faith...

i have no clue how right or wrong i may be when it's all said and done.. i'm just going off of faith alone...

read what you quoted... i said i just live with the FAITH that my good works will be rewarded..

how do i know my works are good??

i have faith that they are.. it's what i feel and believe, not what i know for certain and i can prove...

live by faith, not by sight

sadly, i figured that would be the answer. saying i dont know, but i know....crazy.
  • edwardnigma
    edited June 2010
    Options
    youre ?

And you're a sexually deprived ? baby
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    reincarnation is in the bible...n the idea that you pay for your sins in another life...

jesus was a few people in the bible actually.
  • edwardnigma
    edited June 2010
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    reincarnation is in the bible...n the idea that you pay for your sins in another life...

It's said he was ELijah and another guy before Elijah His name started with an A?
  • edwardnigma
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL I don't know why the ? they put mummies. That ? is just a dead body. Thread starter probably thinks Mummies walk around and ? . I don't know kid.
  • louis the great
    edited June 2010
    Options
    one spliff wrote: »

lmao !
  • Hyde Parke
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL I don't know why the ? they put mummies. That ? is just a dead body. Thread starter probably thinks Mummies walk around and ? . I don't know kid.

yeah, thats it...look for a knock on your door from the prize patrol.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    sadly, i figured that would be the answer. saying i dont know, but i know....crazy.

if you don't get it , then u don't get it....

faith isn't something that can be proven, or explained to someone who doesn't understand it...
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It's said he was ELijah and another guy before Elijah His name started with an A?

he was Melchizedek

but hes spirit was also present at times in the bible, before he was pshyically born...for example,the rock that moses struck in the desert, represented christ.
  • independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited June 2010
    Options
    once you dead your dead.. period...
  • Hyde Parke
    edited June 2010
    Options
    if you don't get it , then u don't get it....

faith isn't something that can be proven, or explained to someone who doesn't understand it...

lol, you dont even get it..
  • edwardnigma
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yeah, thats it...look for a knock on your door from the prize patrol.

I like Coconut Chocolates and Red Velvet Cake.