Poll shows Americans have lost confidence in Obama

Options
ThugLife101
ThugLife101 Members Posts: 12
edited June 2010 in The Social Lounge
Hope.
WSJ Poll: Confidence in Obama Hits Low
Thursday, June 24, 2010 09:33 AM

Americans are more down about their country and President Barack Obama than at any point since the new administration began, according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll.

• The poll also indicates grave concern about the Gulf oil spill.

• The great majority of adults want stringent regulation of the oil industry, and worry that the catastrophe will impact the nation's economy and environment.

• Sixty-two percent of adults in the survey feel the country is on the wrong track.

• One-third think the economy will get better over the next year.

• 57 percent of voters would prefer to elect a new person to Congress than re-elect their local representatives.

The results show "a really ugly mood and an unhappy electorate," said Democratic pollster Peter Hart.

To read the full report Go Here Now.

Comments

• shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    How about a link? This is a wack thread if I can't even look at the poll.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    HIgh unemployment...even higher UNDER employment.

Halfassed Healthcare Bill where even his supporters are sure how exactly it's going to benefit them

Gulf Spill ? up everything....

YEAH...GONNA BE A ROUGH REST OF THE YEAR LOL No surprise at all.

and LMAO @ WSJ...People who they contact for those polls never liked him in the first place. Minorities and women still love Obama in the double digits. THat's going to save him come 2012.
  • ThugLife101
    edited June 2010
    Options
    HIgh unemployment...even higher UNDER employment.

Halfassed Healthcare Bill where even his supporters are sure how exactly it's going to benefit them

Gulf Spill ? up everything....

YEAH...GONNA BE A ROUGH REST OF THE YEAR LOL No surprise at all.

and LMAO @ WSJ...

The poll was also done for NBC News, a bastion of conservatism
  • DarcSkies777
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ^^^ WSJ is involved...so the poll is skewed far as Im concerned. And yes I'd still say that if the approval was higher. THey may as wll be Fox news to me.
  • ThugLife101
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ^^^ WSJ is involved...so the poll is skewed far as Im concerned. And yes I'd still say that if the approval was higher. THey may as wll be Fox news to me.

But NBC News was involved, that means nothing to you?
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? em obama 2012
  • shootemwon
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I think the wall street journal is a pretty legit paper, but I haven't looked into the methodology on this poll to say for sure I think it's legit. Nonetheless, the numbers don't surprise me. People are pretty bummed about everything and everyone these days.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited June 2010
    Options
    But NBC News was involved, that means nothing to you?

Another bunch of liars. They may be a little more left leaning but that's like saying a Bear is less dangerous than a Lion. Both suck just one sucks less.
    I think the wall street journal is a pretty legit paper, but I haven't looked into the methodology on this poll to say for sure I think it's legit.
    If you say so...their articles are way too republican leaning for me. But I have been avoiding them for a while so maybe they've changed?
  • shootemwon
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Their editorial page slants right for sure, but it's still a credible paper when it comes to actual articles.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    At the end of the day, all this is ? . People-both rich and poor-vote with their wallets.

Although the president has very little if any effect on the economy, that's his ticket to re-election. Not healthcare, not any of those ? ' noble causes. ? ain't eatin' good in McMansions? This ? ain't gettin' reelected.
  • redhandedbandit
    edited June 2010
    Options
    At the end of the day, all this is ? . People-both rich and poor-vote with their wallets.

Although the president has very little if any effect on the economy, that's his ticket to re-election. Not healthcare, not any of those ? ' noble causes. ? ain't eatin' good in McMansions? This ? ain't gettin' reelected.

you "hope" he doesn't get re elected but im sure many people who were helped by the extension of unemployment benefits would beg to differ
  • shootemwon
    edited June 2010
    Options

So poor rednecks who hate redistributive policies vote with their wallets, how?
  • DarcSkies777
    edited June 2010
    Options

You are right as far as the middle class I think. But most elections are emotional and not based on any substance.

There will be a "I hate Obama vs. I love Obama" election in 2012. There will be a "He was born in Kenya vs. We cant let these ? tea party muthafukkas win this year!" election in 2012.

Like Shootem said: Poor whites vote Republican consistently because the republicans use code words that let them know they will govern in a way that is anti-minority. The problem is they are so full of ignorance and preconceived notions of "blacks and Mexicans on 'the welfare'" they vote against their own economic interest all the time. These idiots may be voting on what they THINK is economics but really it's their emotions.

Some ? in ? overalls and living in a trailer with no healthcare will be the first to rage against high taxes.
  • redhandedbandit
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You are right as far as the middle class I think. But most elections are emotional and not based on any substance.

There will be a "I hate Obama vs. I love Obama" election in 2012. There will be a "He was born in Kenya vs. We cant let these ? tea party muthafukkas win this year!" election in 2012.

Like Shootem said: Poor whites vote Republican consistently because the republicans use code words that let them know they will govern in a way that is anti-minority. The problem is they are so full of ignorance and preconceived notions of "blacks and Mexicans on 'the welfare'" they vote against their own economic interest all the time. These idiots may be voting on what they THINK is economics but really it's their emotions.

Some ? in ? overalls and living in a trailer with no healthcare will be the first to rage against high taxes.

damn darc go easy fam
  • DarcSkies777
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I didnt say nothing untrue or disrespectful lol It's true. Look up the reason why the South is now a republican stronghold. Because whites didnt like that the democrats passed Civil Rights legislation.

Whites dont like blacks and therefore will vote against their interests so long as they think the person they vote for wont give "THOSE PEOPLE" any "hand-outs."

Then all the people they vote for do is give corporations tax breaks to send their already ? jobs overseas and give everybody EXCEPT them a tax break. A democrat gives them a tax break and their response is, "IT AiNT TRUE. HE RAISED TAXES."
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I didnt say nothing untrue or disrespectful lol It's true. Look up the reason why the South is now a republican stronghold. Because whites didnt like that the democrats passed Civil Rights legislation.
    in fairness, EVERYONE passed civil rights legislation.