lets be real. american soccer wont be great until we get the knee-grows to play.

Options
ineedpussy
ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
thats our only way of competing with the world until then you'll have to deal with player like *in adam sandlers voice* landon donovan

Comments

• dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited June 2010
    Options
    please man we got all differnt races in the us, we should have enought talent to build a ? New York yankees type of team
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    what happened to the little black dude in dc that was supposed to be the next big thing in soccer? freddie adu?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Actually, what needs to be done is for it to take off from the ground level. These players from other countries didn't decide to play soccer when they got to high school. They been in training since they were 5 and 6 years old.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    idk if you know but the best players in the world are pretty much white you got some from brazil but the rest are white lol
  • joshuaboy
    edited June 2010
    Options
    what happened to the little black dude in dc that was supposed to be the next big thing in soccer? freddie adu?

please......don't even let me start on him. Total waste of time.
  • Copper
    edited June 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    please......don't even let me start on him. Total waste of time.
    what happened to him? seriously... I dont keep up with soccer like I should!!
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Actually, what needs to be done is for it to take off from the ground level. These players from other countries didn't decide to play soccer when they got to high school. They been in training since they were 5 and 6 years old.

c/s...........
  • ineedpussy
    edited June 2010
    Options
    dholt23 wrote: »
    please man we got all differnt races in the us, we should have enought talent to build a ? New York yankees type of team

only race that matter for a winning sports team is black.

he was ? from the get go doggie. he's off in oblivion somewhere. he's like the kwame brown of soccer.

this is true but with no mostly black stars you can forget about it.
    eyes low wrote: »
    idk if you know but the best players in the world are pretty much white you got some from brazil but the rest are white lol

i hope this is sarcasm. or you just didnt read the op
  • joshuaboy
    edited June 2010
    Options
    what happened to him? seriously... I dont keep up with soccer like I should!!

He is with Benfica in Portugal right now. Basically, he burst on the scene at a young age and everyone was praising him as the next great thing. But he didn't really improve much. Mind you, he is a good player, but he was overhyped and that is why people see him as a disappointment. Even with Charlie Davis' injury he couldn't make the World Cup squad
  • joshuaboy
    edited June 2010
    Options
    drtycity wrote: »

he was ? from the get go doggie. he's off in oblivion somewhere. he's like the kwame brown of soccer.

this is true but with no mostly black stars you can forget about it.

i hope this is sarcasm. or you just didnt read the op

Plays for Benfica in Portugal.

The race does not matter. The last team to win the WC had no black players (Italy). I doubt Ghana will beat Uruguay.
  • DatGuyJ22
    edited June 2010
    Options

not it baseball
  • Copper
    edited June 2010
    Options
    DatGuyJ22 wrote: »
    not it baseball
    or hockey.....
  • ineedpussy
    edited June 2010
    Options

The race does not matter. The last team to win the WC had no black players (Italy). I doubt Ghana will beat Uruguay.

yeah because i said american knee grows aint playing. lets be real for a second do you think the world will ever beat our best basketball players we have? you'll probably say no. then why wouldnt you think that if we had the same type of players we wouldnt beat the world moreover again and again and again etc.?
    its a proven fact that american knee grows are the best athletes. even though some people try to say slavery made no difference(which is a lie). but what ever. i know sports and i know if america had american knee grows(the best) playin. the world would ? on itself.
  • ineedpussy
    edited June 2010
    Options
    DatGuyJ22 wrote: »
    not it baseball

they got island ? . and let the american ? make a comeback. you know we winnin again
    or hockey.....

same with hockey. ? come and ? i mean hockey will be revered by the world and ? will win before they left. you probably didnt know that blacks invented the slap shot did you?
  • joshuaboy
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yeah because i said american knee grows aint playing. lets be real for a second do you think the world will ever beat our best basketball players we have? you'll probably say no. then why wouldnt you think that if we had the same type of players we wouldnt beat the world moreover again and again and again etc.?
    its a proven fact that american knee grows are the best athletes. even though some people try to say slavery made no difference(which is a lie). but what ever. i know sports and i know if america had american knee grows(the best) playin. the world would ? on itself.

I agree with you. I'll tell you why. Because the type of work work and training put in by you guys is what other countries put into soccer, except from a much younger age. You see, in other countries, people are born into football (soccer) and that is all they know and are into training from the age of 5 and 6.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    honestly if soccer was the number 1 sport in the us like it is in every other country i think we could dominate, and since blacks are the best athletes in the country then the us soccer team would be predominantly black
  • ineedpussy
    edited June 2010
    Options
    honestly if soccer was the number 1 sport in the us like it is in every other country i think we could dominate, and since blacks are the best athletes in the country then the us soccer team would be predominantly black

this is a smart man right here.
    I agree with you. I'll tell you why. Because the type of work work and training put in by you guys is what other countries put into soccer, except from a much younger age. You see, in other countries, people are born into football (soccer) and that is all they know and are into training from the age of 5 and 6.

so you agree if us knee grows start playing hard we would be the best?
  • eyes low
    edited June 2010
    Options
    you dont need to be athletic to play soccer you just need quickness.
  • joshuaboy
    edited June 2010
    Options
    this is a smart man right here.

so you agree if us knee grows start playing hard we would be the best?

Of course I agree with you to an extent. But there's a lot more to soccer than athleticism and strength. And these skills come from playing the game from a very young age.
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited June 2010
    Options
    soccer is limited in some areas in cant think of a zone highschool in my city that even has a soccer team so yea lol lacrosse is actually more popular here than soccer

i played soccer competitively for about 10 years and its harder than it looks only a fool would think otherwise....quickness only has about 40% to do with it just like basketball just because you are quick doesn't mean ? how quick and effective you are WITH the ball in your possession is what matters i seen alot of quick players who ball control was horrible....they were useless to their teams
  • Copper
    edited June 2010
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    you dont need to be athletic to play soccer you just need quickness.
    athleticism helps in every sport...and quickness is an aspect of atleticisim
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The US would dominate if they got black kids into it early. African Americans are the best athletes. But we gravitate towards Basketall and Football because that's where the big easy money is. Guaranteed contracts.
  • DatGuyJ22
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Americans will never be better than any other country in soccer, even if its an all black team
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

benfica doesnt even want adu anymore, they keep loaning him from one team to another. plays for some greek time nobody has heard of. saloniki or something like that.

usa should copy the football youth education of the leading countries like england, spain germany. fc barcelona is the best team in the world and half of their team was educated and trained in "la masia", their own famous central for young players.
  • eyes low
    edited June 2010
    Options
    soccer is limited in some areas in cant think of a zone highschool in my city that even has a soccer team so yea lol lacrosse is actually more popular here than soccer

i played soccer competitively for about 10 years and its harder than it looks only a fool would think otherwise....quickness only has about 40% to do with it just like basketball just because you are quick doesn't mean ? how quick and effective you are WITH the ball in your possession is what matters i seen alot of quick players who ball control was horrible....they were useless to their teams

i didnt really word it right but your right. And its pretty hard to learn how to keep possession when you try and run full speed even the best players have a heard time doing it once in a while