Bosh says D-Wade should be teams Closer

Options
KeepOnPushing
KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
" Ever since "The Decision," the basketball cognoscenti have argued over who should take over in crunch time for the Miami Heat. Dwyane Wade has proven his mettle in the closing moments of games many times, as has LeBron James, even if people don't always like to admit it. However, there are expectations for LeBron as a once-in-a-generation talent, and any situation in which he doesn't take over down the stretch reflects poorly on him for much of the basketball-watching public.

Still, James and Wade are on the same team, and the decision over who should be the main guy at the end of games can't be defined by the expectations we've placed on one of those players since he was 16 years old. In fact, the third member of Miami's trio of stars thinks the decision is pretty easy. Here's what Chris Bosh had to say in an interview with Mark Anthony Green in this month's GQ "

GQ: Quick hypothetical, toes aside: Let's say the game was tied. 10 seconds left. You had 30 points, LeBron's got 30, and Wade's got 30. You got the same amount of rebounds, same amount of assists—having the same great game. Who takes the shot at the end to either win or lose the game.

Chris Bosh: [immediately] Dwyane.

GQ: Why?

Chris Bosh: Because of his success in the past, given what he's done. He's a champ. He's an MVP, and he'? a bunch of last-second shots. That's the time you have to put pride aside a little bit, and do what's best for the team. He's quickest, and he's gonna get a shot off. He relishes those moments.

Full Story here : http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/chris-bosh-thinks-dwyane-wade-heat-closer-233509117.html

LeBron-James-With-Dwyane-Wade-And-Chris-Bosh-2010-1st-Time-Back-To-Cleveland-As-Heat-Player_photo_medium.jpg

Comments

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i don't see why not hes way more confident in taking the last shot then bron is
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    We know bosh we know.. ? bosh is more clutch than Bron.. thats not a diss to say.. oh its Bosh.. CONFIDENCE.. how you gonna be a king with no confidence.. wade aint the greatest.. but what seperates him is he will take that shot regardless.. ? thats what seperates people that want that ball there is no sweat on the palms, no indecision, no phobia, just make or miss
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I Don't think this will hit all that hard in the Media cuz' even when Bron first signed to Miami Majority folks said it was D-Wade team still and that he should be the closer

Spo was on that ? "Well whoever is rollin that night we'll go to" , or " They'll take turns " BS ..
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I Don't think this will hit all that hard in the Media cuz' even when Bron first signed to Miami Majority folks said it was D-Wade team still and that he should be the closer

Spo was on that ? "Well whoever is rollin that night we'll go to" , or " They'll take turns " BS ..

Spo felt he had to treat lebrons psyche like egg shells and Wade seemed to, too with all of those tandem press conferences and his willingness to a fault to spoon feed
  • chief_rlt
    chief_rlt Members Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    Options
    They tried it last year by letting Lebron be the closer and it didn't work out. Seems like they ain't learn anything from it cause they still going to him to be the closer. Wade needs to be the go to guy. Lebron just ain't doing it. Really it ain't even the last minutes of the game, Lebron is struggling majority of the 4th qtr.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    the [immediately] has to make bron soul burn just a little
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Besides being the closer, Wade is defensively more clutch than Bron also.

I've seen Wade get numorous blocks at the end of games and diving jumping out of bounds to keep the ball alive. One time I think against the bulls when marion was there I think Wade blocked a shot and then grabbed the ball and called a timeout before going out of bounds if my memory serves.

But I cant think anything besides maybe that block on durant 2 years ago that bron has done to save a game.
  • rakim ii
    rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    What's new? It's not rocket science.....
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wade isn't as clutch as people seem to think.

Actually... pretty sure I've seen a comparison showing Bron actually has a higher % in the final moments of a game.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    plus didn't Wade just hit a bank shot a few games ago for the win? I would have thought they'd learn by now
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    plus didn't Wade just hit a bank shot a few games ago for the win? I would have thought they'd learn by now

Lebron scored the bucket at the end of one of the last games too to send it to overtime.

They are both the same... just more people hate Lebron than Wade
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    interesting and it's his opinion
  • IamNumberOne
    edited January 2012
    Options
    IMOO I think it's LBJs fault for getting that chosen1 tattoo on his back and also the media for hyping him up so much when KOBE was still goin to be in the league...lol
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    IMOO I think it's LBJs fault for getting that chosen1 tattoo on his back and also the media for hyping him up so much when KOBE was still goin to be in the league...lol

What the ? does this have to do with the topic.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »

lmao word..
  • IamNumberOne
    edited January 2012
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »

I didn't quote who I was replying to as I just did with you lil ? but I did say "didn't Wade hit a bank shot to win a game and why didn't they run with him" then someone responded to that