REP YOUR TOWN in BALL

Options
evoljeanyes
evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Rep YOUR TOWN in BALL

The Big 3 (baseball basketball football)

Name the best players from your State in Each Sport and also a story of a pro athlete that destroyed you personally coming up.

I will Start

I am from Cali raised in Atlanta, GA

I will do GA

Baseball: Ty Cobb, (HM: Moises Alou, Brian McCann)
Basketball: Dwight Howard (HM: Walt Frazier)
Football: Herschel Walker

I came up where Jared Cook, Lou Williams, and Jeff Francouer RAN ? ...

Francouer was that guy though better than both of them (saying a lot bc lou won the wooden award and cook averaged 25 yards per catch as a 6'6 wideout in HS, he was a freak of nature)

Francouer played football (WR/FS) he was 6'4 about 200lbs...son intercepted everything. He still holds the GA HS football record with 16 interceptions in HS. He returned a punt against us, had two picks, 1 for touchdowns, and caught 5 passes for 2 touchdowns and 150+ yards. It was atonishing bruh...I was a freshman at the time so my PT was limited, but I was on the field when he went back with that pnt and he was FLYING...They beat us 70-7 in the first round of the playoffs lol

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Rep YOUR TOWN in BALL

The Big 3 (baseball basketball football)

Name the best players from your State in Each Sport and also a story of a pro athlete that destroyed you personally coming up.

I will Start

I am from Cali raised in Atlanta, GA

I will do GA

Baseball: Ty Cobb, (HM: Moises Alou, Brian McCann)
    Basketball: Dwight Howard (HM: Walt Frazier)
    Football: Herschel Walker

I came up where Jared Cook, Lou Williams, and Jeff Francouer RAN ? ...

Francouer was that guy though better than both of them (saying a lot bc lou won the wooden award and cook averaged 25 yards per catch as a 6'6 wideout in HS, he was a freak of nature)

Francouer played football (WR/FS) he was 6'4 about 200lbs...son intercepted everything. He still holds the GA HS football record with 16 interceptions in HS. He returned a punt against us, had two picks, 1 for touchdowns, and caught 5 passes for 2 touchdowns and 150+ yards. It was atonishing bruh...I was a freshman at the time so my PT was limited, but I was on the field when he went back with that pnt and he was FLYING...They beat us 70-7 in the first round of the playoffs lol

yeah, we all got plenty of those!!!!
  • dreadlock rasta
    dreadlock rasta Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Just 1 from MY town, but Souf Cak....

Football - Robert Ayers, OLB/DE for Denver Broncos, went to my high school, but I was in the 8th grade his senior year.
    Basketball - Jermaine Oneal...From Columbia
    Baseball - Cant think of anybody right now.....
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Shreveport - La

Baseball - Albert Belle
    Basketball - Robert Parish
    Football - Terry Bradshaw

Basketball - Stromile Swift - I actually played streetball with him. he was not that good but still young.He was still better than 75% of the guys that played though. He used to abuse my boy on the court.
    Football - Jonathon Wade - I remember him when he was young. His dad was my little league coach.
    Baseball - I played but none of the guys in my generation made it big.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'm from Wilmington, DE.

i don't know much about stars, but:

Basketball - A.J. English, Elena Delle Donne

Football - John Taylor (who went to my alma mater...Delaware State), Rich Gannon, Joe Flacco

Baseball - ?????
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    New Orleans.

Football- P. Manning
    Basketball- Danny Granger
    Baseball-?????

I can name a lot of ? from N.O. that played football in the league.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Lexington Ky

Basketball-Shelvin Mack, helped lead Butler to back to back title appearances and now a rookie for the Wizards. Went to highschool with him, I was a senior his freshman year. Him and my younger brother are friends.

Football-Dermontti Dawson, hof for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Also went to my highschool, Bryan Station.
    Chase Minnifield, cornerback for Virginia right now.

Baseball-Brandon Webb, is actually from Ashland ky, but played ball for U.K. and when he's healthy is one of the dopest pitchers in the league.
  • proud_babydaddy
    proud_babydaddy Members Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Gainesville GA.

Basketball- Mark Causey 3 point shooter. He went to duke didnt cut it, His younger brother Matt causey went to Georgetown didnt cut it ended up with georgia tech.

Football- Nobody really made it during my years. (not much exposure even though we were state runner-up) but now they have Tai-ler Jones (Notre Dame) AJ Johnson (UT Freshman All-American) Blake Sims (Alabama). Unless I can claim Kendrick Lewis (Kansas City Chief FS), He was in Louisiana when KAtrina hit and came to our school for half a senior year. He went back to Louisiana to graduate.

Baseball- Micah Owings (was playing with the Diamond Backs, then was with the Reds i believe. With the DB he faced the Braves as a Starting Pitcher and hit two homeruns in the game. He also tied the nation record for High School homeruns in a Career and Home Runs in a season)

The one guy that played pro that destroyed us. Was Donnel Harvey (Randolph- Clay High School) (Orlando Magic 2003) He was 6'8'' in High School our big man was around 6'4''. This guy put us out of the State playoffs in Macon GA 3 out of 4 trips. The other time we got put out by Mitchell-Baker who went on to face Randolph-Clay (their region rival) in the championship.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Baseball:l Orel Hershiser, Warren Spahn

Basketball: Bob Lanier, Chritian Laettner, Clifford Robinson, Greg Oden

Football: Ron Jaworski, Mike Williams (TB Bucs), Rob Gonkowski

Hockey: Patrick Kane
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Born in the Sooner state, so.....

Football - ALL-TIME: Jim Thorpe, CURRENT: Wes Welker

Basketball - ALL-TIME :Waymon Tisdale/John Starks. CURRENT: Blake Griffin (three way tie as far as overall career.)

Baseball - ALL-TIME: Mickey Mantle, CURRENT: ???? Don't really follow MLB players like that, But I'll say Mike Wilson of the Mariners cause he's a brotha, and we're about the same age and from the same hood.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Basketball - Joel Pryzbilla/Kris Humphries

Football - Larry Fitzgerald/Marion Barber

Baseball - Joe Mauer