Eminem.

Options
Adam|Ross
Adam|Ross Members Posts: 179
edited January 2012 in The Reason
I can't stand Eminem. Yes he may be good with his lyrics, but he rarely says anything of any substance. I live in the UK, so to everyone else Eminem is the 'best rapper ever' and if I say he isn't, the Stans are all on my case saying how he's the GOAT and all his songs are the best.

I point out that a rapper responsible for songs such as Just Lose It, Big ? , Rainman, Wee Wee, being outrapped by T.I and Jay-Z could never be the best of anything - but I get shot down for it.

His production on his albums sucks, Dr. Dre is also incredibly overrated, and I can't buy an album of his as I don't relate to being molested by my step father, abused by my mother or born with ? in my brain.

I'd rather listen to Rick Ross, or buy a Rick Ross album - than Eminem.

Feel free to share your opinions.

P.S. - I know I'm from the UK, the rap here sucks, I don't listen to it so don't derail the thread with obvious statements.

Comments

• alpo.
    alpo. Members Posts: 42
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Guess the UK sure does love them some Eminem, the biggest Eminem obsessive on this site is from the UK and you're telling us that they all consider him the best rapper ever.....
  • Adam|Ross
    Adam|Ross Members Posts: 179
    edited January 2012
    Options
    alpo. wrote: »
    Guess the UK sure does love them some Eminem, the biggest Eminem obsessive on this site is from the UK and you're telling us that they all consider him the best rapper ever.....

You have no idea how painful it is. I was playing Schoolboy Q's new album today, and I was told to turn it off and put Recovery on. I don't hate Eminem - but I can't relate to being molested by my step father in all honesty.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i was almost with you until you decided to trash Dre. and he was never outrapped by TI or Jay.

i made a thread on Em a couple weeks ago but it got deleted. personally i dont like Em because of his vocabulary (puke, ? , ? , ? , etc) that seems to always include disgusting ? functions, or weird things like talking about wearing panties (Stay Wide Awake)
  • K-lee
    K-lee Members Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Eminem is the goat imo and i'm from the UK, it's funny to me that u would say that everyone over here thinks that he's the goat coz i don't know that many people who feel this way. I cant believe u would actually listen to rick ross that eminem i mean come on, em has made infinite, sslp, mmlp, tes and relapse, he's made classic songs such as sing for the moment, marshall mathers, still dont give a f***, no apologies, deja vu, who knew, i'm back, rock bottom, stan, 97 bonnie & clyde plus hundreds more yet u choose to talk about rain man big ? , lol please
  • BendMeOverNigga
    BendMeOverNigga Members Posts: 67
    edited January 2012
    Options