Republican Scott Brown wins Mass. Senate Race. Breaking fillibuster-proof majority.

Options
untouchable1
untouchable1 Members Posts: 69
edited January 2010 in The Social Lounge
Anybody surprised by this?

According to Politico, Dem. Martha Coakley's camp and the DNC are pointing fingers at each other for the loss. As expected, the Republicans seem to be toting this upset as a sign that the american public is putting the Dems "on notice".

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/31674.html

Comments

• king of nyc
    king of nyc Members Posts: 146 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    all dat comes to my head is obama yelling like puff on 'victory'
    IT'S ALL ? UP NOW....
    WHAT IMMA DO NOW...HUH....
    WHAT IMMA DO NOW...
    IT'S ALL ? UP
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ouch.

A Kennedy should've run.
  • mephistopheles
    mephistopheles Members Posts: 97
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Losing a seat that was once held by a man who wanted Health Care Reform to be his legacy to a republican. Wow.
  • d.green
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Losing a seat that was once held by a man who wanted Health Care Reform to be his legacy to a republican. Wow.

Yeah that sucks....just like Coakley.
  • jennifer.bush*
    jennifer.bush* Members Posts: 551
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • king of nyc
    edited January 2010
    Options

ted is rolling over in his grave shm on mass
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    it came down that Coakley was a ? ASS CANDIDATE, like all dems running after the election have been. Dems better start kissing Olympia snowe's ass again. even so, i still think HCR will pass. eventually.
  • king of nyc
    edited January 2010
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Yeah that sucks....just like Coakley.

but da people of mass suck even more... they voted in a ? dat posed nude in a mag... WTF are these crackerz thinking
  • earth two superman
    edited January 2010
    Options
    but da people of mass suck even more... they voted in a ? dat posed nude in a mag... WTF are these crackerz thinking

lets be honest, if a dem had done that, we'd be saying why attack him for something he did in his youth. its not his posing, its his obsession with stopping HCR.
  • king of nyc
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lets be honest, if a dem had done that, we'd be saying why attack him for something he did in his youth. its not his posing, its his obsession with stopping HCR.
    very true, but how can he run as a conservative preaching all these family values nonsense... yet pose nude in a mag
  • d.green
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This dude trying to give away his daughters on TV.
  • earth two superman
    edited January 2010
    Options
    maybe this will be a wake up call. Since he's basically refilling Kennedy's term, does that mean he'll have to run for re-election later this year?
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Term ends in three years. But yeah they will rerun.
  • SoulRattler of Venom
    SoulRattler of Venom Members Posts: 458
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not suprised. The woman he ran against was a ? .
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    A Kennedy should've run.

That or Capuano.

And that Martha Choakley ? was lazy as ? . Brown did 66 campaign stops. She did 19.

66 vs. 19

She thought that by winning the primary, she had already been crowned. AKA the Hillary08 approach. Guess again. A lot of people in Boston hated her too. The mayor never endorsed her or turned on his political machine for her. And surprise, surprise.....she underperformed in Boston. Also, her conduct in the Amirault case was fuccin disgusting and was enough to make ME hate the ? . Seriously - look up "Amirault" - terrible. Another D.A that doesn't give a ? about the innocent people they lock up. ? her.

As for the "60th vote" that 60 vote ? was ALWAYS dependent on Joe Lieberman playing ball. And Joe Lieberman HATES Liberals. Hates them. Deeply. Then there's Ben Nelson.....
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

.....says the chick that thought Bush was a hero and wanted Giuliani as President
  • jennifer.bush*
    jennifer.bush* Members Posts: 551
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This dude trying to give away his daughters on TV.

lmaooooooooooooo
    i heard that, i was like wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • king of nyc
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

WHOA....da beyonce hater iz back
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Doesnt matter much. It will put a little damper on the health care bill but they will still try to bull doze it through either by letting the House pass the Senate version or through reconciliation. The bill is just bad, I dont see how you can honestly call yourself a liberal and even like that bill.
    But Obama is going to have to make a decision, ...Move to the center, and salvage what's left of his historic presidency like Clinton did, or just say ? it and try to pass what he can with whats left of the Democratic majority, but know that the Republicans will make a sweep come Nov. 2010 and 2012
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The bill is center-right at best. I don't like the bill at all. No public option, no nothing.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This doesn't make much of a difference. Repbulicans haven't been an issue in a while. The bill is stalled because of infighting between the democrats. They couldn't even get anything accomplished when they had the filibuster proof majority, so losing it isn't that big of a deal.
  • DarkGable
    DarkGable Members Posts: 477
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This doesn't make much of a difference. Repbulicans haven't been an issue in a while. The bill is stalled because of infighting between the democrats. They couldn't even get anything accomplished when they had the filibuster proof majority, so losing it isn't that big of a deal.

Sad, but true.

More of the same back and forth, with not very much gettin' done.
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I gave up on politics 8 years ago. Nothing ever seem's to amaze me anymore so I don't care what happens. Still gotta work & pay taxes/insurance etc etc

"If Obama is the answer then it must have been a dumb question" (a bumper sticker I recently seen)
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options

ted is rolling over in his grave shm on mass

CoSign............thats Crazy.........So much for healthcare reform
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Mr. AJ wrote: »
    I gave up on politics 8 years ago. Nothing ever seem's to amaze me anymore so I don't care what happens. Still gotta work & pay taxes/insurance etc etc

"If Obama is the answer then it must have been a dumb question" (a bumper sticker I recently seen)

Damn I'm trying to get that one