Report: LeBron leaning toward Bulls with Bosh ....

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5333896
An NBA executive says the Chicago Bulls have emerged as a favorite in the free agency sweepstakes for LeBron James, along with Chris Bosh, The New York Times reported on Sunday.

The executive said he had gleaned from his discussions with other league executives that James is leaning toward joining the Bulls, along with Bosh, his teammate on the United States' gold medal-winning 2008 Olympic team. The Times reported the executive did not want to be named because he was discussing a player who was not yet a free agent.

"I think it's a done deal," the executive, said according to the report.

James' friend and business partner Maverick Carter told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that James will have would-be suitors visit him in his native Ohio, rather than embark upon a barnstorming tour of cities hoping to land the two-time MVP. Free agency officially starts at 12:01 a.m. ET on Thursday.

"LeBron is not going on a tour," Carter said. "He never planned to go on a tour and has not been a part of any team's plans for a recruiting trip."

Teams including the New York Knicks, New Jersey Nets, Miami Heat and Los Angeles Clippers are in the hunt for James, along with the Cleveland Cavaliers, the only team he has played for in his seven-year NBA career. Fans in Cleveland and cities hoping to woo James have already made high-profile pushes for his services.

But the NBA executive said he believed James would meet with those teams as a courtesy, out of consideration for the overtures and personnel moves they have made to clear salary cap in hopes of signing James, The Times reported.

Sources said various teams were made aware of James' anti-tour stance Wednesday. The Knicks -- who, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, were planning a spectacular, celebrity-laden dinner cooked by a world-renowned chef for James on July 1 -- quickly canceled it and began drafting an alternate plan, according to two sources.

While several teams had hoped to sell James on the non-basketball advantages of their cities, it's believed that James wants to keep the focus on basketball. The executive quoted by the Times also said that James wanted to keep the focus on the game.

"He is going to make a basketball decision, so all that is unnecessary," the executive said, according to The Times. "He just saved a lot of people a lot of money."

Information from ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard was used in this report

Comments

• eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i wouldnt believe anything that has to do with the bulls and james if its coming from Chris Broussard hes a ? rider
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    well isn't that not surprising lol, still it's making things less anti-climantic
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This ? Lebron should have his own thread with all these ? rumors
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The Clippers need to cut it out.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Foh

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    but what i dont understand is why he would even want to go to the Chi..
    he'll always be under Jordan's shadow..

i say dude stay in Cleveland and finish what he started.. or go to the Clippers.. they got talent and he'll be the first for everything that way..
    or NY..
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    but what i dont understand is why he would even want to go to the Chi..
    he'll always be under Jordan's shadow

i say dude stay in Cleveland and finish what he started.. or go to the Clippers.. they got talent and he'll be the first for everything that way..
    or NY..

Pretty Much, Maybe that just doesnt matter to him......
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Breaking News : Lebron to leave the NBA and go to Planet Xenu 53 to play in the Anti Gravity league. ESPN sources were made aware of Lebrons plan by Marvin The Martian

xenubron.jpg
  • LebronJames
    LebronJames Members Posts: 18
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Breaking News : Lebron to leave the NBA and go to Planet Xenu 53 to play in the Anti Gravity league. ESPN sources were made aware of Lebrons plan by Marvin The Martian

xenubron.jpg

thats right ? goin global im goin intergalactic ?
  • Mo Williams
    Mo Williams Members Posts: 32
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Mo-Williams-sad-tale.jpg ................. : 0 (
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Mo-Williams-sad-tale.jpg ................. : 0 (

lmao

• DelonteSmash
    DelonteSmash Members Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Haha Ay ? on here is crazy hehe
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol word is all the cavs showin up?
  • LebronJames
    LebronJames Members Posts: 18
    edited June 2010
    Options
    14kfte1.jpg....................
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    14kfte1.jpg....................

o ? lmfao
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    For the people who say why would we want to play in MJ's shadow, why would Shaq want to play in Wilt and Kareems shadow or Kobe play in Magic and Jerry West shadow. I think if you win enough you will create your own legacy, everyone has to play in a previous generations shadow due to legacy and every organization having a history.
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If lebron wants to win now the teams that make the most sense are Chicago, Cleveland and Miami. Cross out Miami cause they have no one on their roster worth anything outside of the max players they could get. So that leaves chicago or staying in cleveland. Playing with a point guard like Derek Rose might be too enticing for lebron to pass up.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited June 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    For the people who say why would we want to play in MJ's shadow, why would Shaq want to play in Wilt and Kareems shadow or Kobe play in Magic and Jerry West shadow. I think if you win enough you will create your own legacy, everyone has to play in a previous generations shadow due to legacy and every organization having a history.

Because the Lakers have so Many Great Players that it's hard to be in anyone's "Shadow" ......Bulls dont have that type of player Tradition, when u think of the bulls you think of jordan, When you think of the Lakers or Celtics u think about a Gang of Players who played there..........Almost like The NY Yankees, they had so many damn greats that there is no real "Shadow"

Besides Jordan Who else for Chicago????....
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Because the Lakers have so Many Great Players that it's hard to be in anyone's "Shadow" ......Bulls dont have that type of player Tradition, when u think of the bulls you think of jordan, When you think of the Lakers or Celtics u think about a Gang of Players who played there..........Almost like The NY Yankees, they had so many damn greats that there is no real "Shadow"

Besides Jordan Who else for Chicago????....

I honestly don't think factoring playing in someone's "shadow" is going to be something Lebron factors and if it is it will have very little to do with his decision. Lebron will factor in what is the best basketball fit for him to win right away. Right now it is Chicago.
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If lebron wants to win now the teams that make the most sense are Chicago, Cleveland and Miami. Cross out Miami cause they have no one on their roster worth anything outside of the max players they could get. So that leaves chicago or staying in cleveland. Playing with a point guard like Derek Rose might be too enticing for lebron to pass up.

Problem is you still tryin to get a 60 win season roster. Name another player who you trust more than D Wade to hold up his end of the bargain in the playoffs. Sorry Rose aint on that level and Noah sure as hell aint there yet. Wade/Lebron/Beasley/and 7-8 PG or center is stronger to me than Rose/Lebron/Noah/Deng roster. Neither team can afford Bosh in those scenarios unless its S and T. So one would lose Beasley and no way Toronto gives up Bosh for Luol Deng, so you gotta think Noah.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Cleveland is gonna be owned in this ? , they fired their coach and gm, will lose Lebron, wont get a big name free agent,etc. They better sign and trade Lebron, or else get left empty handed.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I honestly don't think factoring playing in someone's "shadow" is going to be something Lebron factors and if it is it will have very little to do with his decision. Lebron will factor in what is the best basketball fit for him to win right away. Right now it is Chicago.

i mean i can agree with that....but what i was saying no matter what he'll always be 2nd tier there, i mean if it doesnt bother him then more power to him, go play where u want 2..
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Broussard not ridin Chicago too hard right now, he said Miami is in the hunt and all this Chicago talk is just still speculation.
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    no matter what he'll always get compared and shadowed by mj

every time he fails in the postseason the media start comparing how many years he been playing and how long it's going to take for him to get that first

hell kobe way in L.A. and every time he wins or loses the mj comparison come flying out niccas ?