Are you driven by Emotion or Logic?

Options
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
When I think of someone who is driven by emotion, I imagine someone who wakes up and plans their day based on how they feel. I also think of a person who is heavily influenced by the actions of others and allows it to dictate how they engage in other areas of their life. I think we are driven by emotion to a certain extent. Some of us are better and faster at putting things into perspective.

Comments

• Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If I'm stressed or angry, emotion. But other than that, logic. Isn't that everyone though?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    emotion...... dats mostly everybody with a temper tho....
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited January 2012
    Options
    emotion...... dats mostly everybody with a temper tho....

I have a bad temper also and a lot times it keeps me from being productive. One bad or negative thought can set the tone for an ENTIRE day(for me atleast). We all have negative thoughts, but once we have become consumed with these negative feelings we tend to be much more sensitive to the world around us. Thus allowing ourselves to be further and further driven by emotion. I think what helps is if we all have an end game or agenda. Whether its for today or ten years from now, if we have an agenda we will be less likely to let incoherent thoughts and emotions jeopardize it from it becoming into fruition. agree?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I have a bad temper also and a lot times it keeps me from being productive. One bad or negative thought can set the tone for an ENTIRE day(for me atleast). We all have negative thoughts, but once we have become consumed with these negative feelings we tend to be much more sensitive to the world around us. Thus allowing ourselves to be further and further driven by emotion. I think what helps is if we all have an end game or agenda. Whether its for today or ten years from now, if we have an agenda we will be less likely to let incoherent thoughts and emotions jeopardize it from it becoming into fruition. agree?

I do agree.... but u have to have a strong goal or somethin you really care about stop u cuz in da heat of the moment logic goes out the window(well 4 me anyway)
  • Pocahontas.
    Pocahontas. Members Posts: 133
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'm not really sure, I'm just gonna go with emotion.
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Mostly im a logical person, but i mean its like it drvies me crazy cuz im so focused on school n gettin As n the kid, but im only 20. I work full time, study every chance i get n take care of the kid, it makes me jus wanna say ? it man.

thinkin logically is great cuz in the long run its beneficial but its alot easiser said then done.

Im finna say ? it n peace out the city for a lil while
  • Mood Indigo
    Mood Indigo Members Posts: 2,127
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I would say logic. If it was emotion, I think I would be in a completely different place right now.
  • blackdemo
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Like i mean i kno i got priorities, i know i gotta eat, i know i only get this chance once, i know i gotta eat, but i mean damn man when u see all ur friends havin fun ? mad ? , n u jus chillin at the crib readin up on books everyday worried about school it makes u ? . im 20 livin like a 40 year old, i mean the past 5 years i been goal orientated and i always focused on the best for me because i know in the future ill be on top BUT to be honest the last 2 months i jus been fed up. I havent smashed in 2 months because i work all the time (40-50 hours a week) and now school started n im always studying then i got a son.

I got this offer for a job in NYC, but its 100% commision, its risky but im finna to jus say ? it, cuz i reallly jus wanna get away, day by day im thinkin more emotionally, the lifestyles of my peers is started to get to me. Cuz they all havin the time of they life.

Matter fact imma give yall an example.

I shouldve ? a stripper tonight..literally, i was gona meet up with her tonight but what stopped me? i gotta be up early to watch my son. n the girl is off work at 3am, i gotta be up at 7 to be there at 8. logically its fine because its responsible but emotionally it ? a ? the ? off man. Now im over here postin on this site. this cant be life lol
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited January 2012
    Options
    blackdemo wrote: »
    Like i mean i kno i got priorities, i know i gotta eat, i know i only get this chance once, i know i gotta eat, but i mean damn man when u see all ur friends havin fun ? mad ? , n u jus chillin at the crib readin up on books everyday worried about school it makes u ? . im 20 livin like a 40 year old, i mean the past 5 years i been goal orientated and i always focused on the best for me because i know in the future ill be on top BUT to be honest the last 2 months i jus been fed up. I havent smashed in 2 months because i work all the time (40-50 hours a week) and now school started n im always studying then i got a son.

I got this offer for a job in NYC, but its 100% commision, its risky but im finna to jus say ? it, cuz i reallly jus wanna get away, day by day im thinkin more emotionally, the lifestyles of my peers is started to get to me. Cuz they all havin the time of they life.

your doing the things you should be doing as a responsible young man. If your inability to ? ? and party at this time in your life is causing you to think irrationally then you need to distance yourself from the friends who are engaged in such activities. Embrace what you do have (a child,youth, and a chance to further your education) and shun what you cannot have. You are still young as ? and even though I'm only 3yrs older than you I wish I could be twenty again. Why? Because when I think back there was always something I could have done or shouldn't have done to make life that much more easier at this current moment in time. We are our actions and we are all just mere reflections of the choices we made prior to this current moment.
  • blackdemo
    edited January 2012
    Options
    your doing the things you should be doing as a responsible young man. If your inability to ? ? and party at this time in your life is causing you to think irrationally then you need to distance yourself from the friends who are engaged in such activities. Embrace what you do have (a child,youth, and a chance to further your education) and shun what you cannot have. You are still young as ? and even though I'm only 3yrs older than you I wish I could be twenty again. Why? Because when I think back there was always something I could have done or shouldn't have done to make life that much more easier at this current moment in time. We are our actions and we are all just mere reflections of the choices we made prior to this current moment.

I mean i feel u 100% man, but dude, at the same time u gotta live ur life man, like idk if u listen to J.cole but that ? got the drive, all i think about is the drive n makin it for me n my fam but its at the cost of me havin a lame lifestyle. I mean damn man even havin a gf is somethin i cant do, i wanna really date this girl but i got so much responsibilities that i cant live my life man, these past 2 months i jus been unhappy, i mean whats the point of bein driven n gettin money if u aint happy u kno?

n me havin a child aint help AT ALL, i kno its my fault but its blockin alot of what i wanna do, idk how long i can take it for man, i gotta get away, after this semester imma really jus take that job offer even if i might get screwed n not sell, itll jus be a chance to get away n live life. i wanna make it, i wanna be somebody, but my lifes BORING man, shiii my peak was when i was 16, what type of ? is that, it makes a ? go crazy
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Whatever mood strikes me.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Whatever mood strikes me.
    so emotion?
  • no b.s
    no b.s Members Posts: 35
    edited January 2012
    Options
    emotion is the reason alot of dudes end up in jail,dead or in a wheelchair.emotions will always get u in situations that once u have calm down n think u always find other ways u could have handled just about any situation.imo
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    it depends on what needs to get done that day. if there's things i need to do then they need to get done no ifs, ands or buts about it. if i don't have much to do one day then i'll just go with the flow & do whatever i feel like doing.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    so emotion?

I float along the breezes of spontaiety and at any time I can drift into an emotional state.

No not really it depends tho. I'm usually logical, but people don't realize how much emotion can really play a part in their normal decision making.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    logic..
    iv been told i have no emotion.. that i was a machine..

its simply not true.. i jus dont call upon the heart to do the brains job ...jus as i wouldnt ask the brain to do the hearts..
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Logical emotion

Well, is pride an emotion ?
  • CapitalB
    edited January 2012
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    Logical emotion

Well, is pride an emotion ?

why yes.. yes it is..
  • R.D.
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ehhhh well i can throw my pride to the side a lot of times until i feel like im being disrespected so ? it.....Logic

Logic tells me to check somebody if they get disrespectful which is the only time pride comes into play 4 me
  • CapitalB
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ehhhh well i can throw my pride to the side a lot of times until i feel like im being disrespected so ? it.....Logic

Logic tells me to check somebody if they get disrespectful which is the only time pride comes into play 4 me

logic should tell u if the person is even worth checking.. more oft its not..
    gotta know when to hold and fold them. lol

but i aint go front..
    i dont take to slight too well either..

but i dont get irrational.. i get even..
  • R.D.
    edited January 2012
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    logic should tell u if the person is even worth checking.. more oft its not..
    gotta know when to hold and fold them. lol

but i aint go front..
    i dont take to slight too well either..

but i dont get irrational.. i get even..

most definitely, i let a lot of ? off the hook 4 that reason

thing is i let ? build though so when i explode, i say ? rationale cause i gotta send a message
  • CapitalB
    edited January 2012
    Options
    most definitely, i let a lot of ? off the hook 4 that reason

thing is i let ? build though so when i explode, i say ? rationale cause i gotta send a message

yeh.. i hear u..
    dunno how old u are.. but as u get older ull figure out other ways to get at people vs. head on collisions..

and some ? simply aint worth it..
    better to jus remove urself from the problem..

no sense in makin gains in life to lose it all in a fit of fury..
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Logic mainly.

I don't really have many emotions.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Majority of my decisions are based off my ? , not sure how much logic or emotion plays into it.