Who is the better PG Ty Lawson or Kyle Lowry?

Options
one_manshow
one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Both point guards have been helping their teams win games this season.

Both were back up point guards before they started for their teams however they are both on the court generals.

Who is the better overall PG in your opinion?

Lawson

Lowry

If you are an NBA GM right now and you have both of these guys on the board in the draft who do you take?

Comments

• Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Kyle Lowry hands down.
  • one_manshow
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Kyle Lowry hands down.

Its closer than you think.

Gave your boy LBJ a nice cross over combo
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Its closer than you think.

Gave your boy LBJ a nice cross over combo
    nah its not. ty lawson is a better athlete. Thats where it stops. Stats across the board is better. Even advanced statistics is better
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    right now....Lowry but Ty is going to be better
  • one_manshow
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Lets break them down into categories everyone has an opinion so lets base it off:

Shooter:
    Scorer:
    Passer:
    Facilitator:
    Athleticism:
    Open court:
    Win you a title:
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Lets break them down into categories everyone has an opinion so lets base it off:

Shooter:Lawson
    Scorer:tie
    Passer:tie
    Facilitator:Lowry
    Athleticism:Lawson
    Open court:Lawson
    Win you a title:Who knows

• Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Kyle Lowry: 16 ppg, 7rpg, 9apg, 2spg. 43% shooting. 40% from 3. 22% usage. 41% assist percentage. PER 24.3

Ty Lawson: 17ppg, 3rpg, 6apg, 2spg. 52% shooting. 31% from 3. 22.4% usage. 31% assist percentage. PER 22.3

Oh yea, Ty Lawson averages more points but he also takes slightly more shot attempts per game. Kyle Lowry got this easily.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Kyle Lowry ........
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'm biased because I'm a Houston fan and it is close but like I said before right now lowry is a poor mans j kidd. He does EVERYTHING well and he's everywhere on the court, only thing ty has on him is athleticism and quickness and he's definitely better in the open court. Scary thing about Kyle is he just got a jumpshot in the last 2 years and he's been pullin like crazy and he's still shooting 41%. It's not just open looks either he's taken transition threes and out here on his reddick ? shooting from way beyond the line. Ty could be better though especially because like Lowry they really haven't been starters that long and look what he's doing already. Ty is unstoppable in transition kind of like Tony Parker is. They both are a big part of their teams success and it's not just scoring...
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Kyle lowry>>Lawson and for MIP and hopefully he gets an all star berth instead
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I like Ty Lawson he's on a team that stacked and Kyle Lowry is nice but if I had a choice....................... Ty Lawson
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'm biased because I'm a Houston fan and it is close but like I said before right now lowry is a poor mans j kidd. He does EVERYTHING well and he's everywhere on the court, only thing ty has on him is athleticism and quickness and he's definitely better in the open court. Scary thing about Kyle is he just got a jumpshot in the last 2 years and he's been pullin like crazy and he's still shooting 41%. It's not just open looks either he's taken transition threes and out here on his reddick ? shooting from way beyond the line. Ty could be better though especially because like Lowry they really haven't been starters that long and look what he's doing already. Ty is unstoppable in transition kind of like Tony Parker is. They both are a big part of their teams success and it's not just scoring...

Thats Why i went with Lowry also
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    This is a good, understated poll in a league that celebrates the premier point- Pauls, Roses, Rondos, Williams and Westbrooks, these unsung guys like Lowry, Lawson, Jennings, Evans, Holiday, Collison and Curry sometimes gets lost in shuffle.

Saying that, this one can go either way depending on what u want for the team.
    If u want a facilitator more that can shoot and play hard, I'd go with Lowry (in the Paul/Rondo sense
    If u want a scoring guard that can facilitate, I'd go with Lawson. (in the Rose/Parker sense).

Damn the NBA is full of grade A point guards. Even the B-level and back ups are good or very decent - Wall, Rubio, back up in OKC, Memphis
    Someone please compile a list of all the league's PG
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    *Rockets fan post*

Lowry is currently better, but Lawson has more potential.
    I'd take Lawson in a heartbeat over Lowry.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited January 2012
    Options
    *Rockets fan post*

Lowry is currently better, but Lawson has more potential.
    I'd take Lawson in a heartbeat over Lowry.
    Why? you have the better player. Nothing about Lawson's game is better. He's just a superior athlete.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Got damn he did Queen James ankles so so wrong
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Why? you have the better player. Nothing about Lawson's game is better. He's just a superior athlete.

I feel that Lawson's game will develop better over time than Lowry's
    And the Rockets are building for the future, so I would take potential over a better player right now.
  • one_manshow
    edited January 2012
    Options

Who will be the better player 2-3 seasons from now?
  • one_manshow
    Options
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyle Lowry.......Goran Dragic may jacking his spot though. And this is coming from a die hard rockets fan
  • one_manshow
    Options
    Kyle Lowry.......Goran Dragic may jacking his spot though. And this is coming from a die hard rockets fan

Won't happen good players get injured a reserve replaces them the star player comes back and its back to the same script.

Rockets would be dumb to let Lowry go for Dragic its not happening.

Dragic has game and can ball been doing it for years now but he excels as a back up PG.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But I don't even know if Kyle Lowry coming back this season and if the rockets make the playoffs and Dragic shows out then its gonna be some controversy lol
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    i dont think Lowry is coming back this season