I am the top 3 DOA most objective sports fan on the board. Im here to settle disputes

Options
Darius
Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
bumping for the NFL/ college basketball season and what's left of college football.

same concept applies.

during the nba season/playoffs, I made some observations. While observing 75% of you people, sorry, i mean you people, i couldn't help but notice all the homerism when it came to sports talk. Most people have such biased opinions about their players and teams that any debate about players and teams will never be resolved because of the outright foolish arguments that stem from who you pledge your allegiance to.

Thats not me. I follow the NBA. Always have. I have no strong feelings towards the Bobcats and thats the only team i really care about, but I can still stay objective towards them. That puts me in a position to view all these sports beefs with an open mind and often a crystal ball (see the cheap seats NCAA March Madness bracket....both of them)

So in this thread (preferable sometime before it flops, ask me some ? about who is better, who is under/overrated, who is more clutch, and any other sports debate topic that comes up between 1 gang of homers vs another gang of homers. Nothing will get answered during those discussions. So let me know the topic, and i will provide the answer, without bias or subjectivity, nh.

Comments

• Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    how good is dwight howard? top 20 in the league currently? top 10? top 5? best player ever named dwight? i need answers
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    absolutely impossible to have an objective thread in the CS..but nice try i respect that
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    BS.....T/S is not objective at all
  • Darius
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    how good is dwight howard? top 20 in the league currently? top 10? top 5? best player ever named dwight? i need answers

howard is still on raw skill and talent. I hate to use this term but i dont think he has high basketball iq. He can get out of position on defense and not use any sort of prowess on offense. But he can compensate for that b/c of his athleticism and size, nh. He's a dynamic shot blocker and rebounderand has a very limited offensive game outside of the lane. He's probably 2 more years away from really hitting his potential offensively. If/when that happens, he'll be top 5 or 10.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited June 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    howard is still on raw skill and talent. I hate to use this term but i dont think he has high basketball iq. He can get out of position on defense and not use any sort of prowess on offense. But he can compensate for that b/c of his athleticism and size, nh. He's a dynamic shot blocker and rebounderand has a very limited offensive game outside of the lane. He's probably 2 more years away from really hitting his potential offensively. If/when that happens, he'll be top 5 or 10.

i can agree with this for the most part

follow up: if you are top 3 most objective, who are the other two?
  • Darius
    edited June 2010
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Wade vs LeBron...who's would you rather have?

The guy that can lead his team to a ring or the guy that does dunks and dance moves

Lebron is better, more skilled player. sorry. he was dominating seasoned pros from the time he stepped on the court at 18 and has been doing it ever since, thats unprecedented. And with hardly any help his first few years, he made the laughing stock of the league a playoff team.

Now thats not taking a shot at wade, because saying someone isn't as good as Lebron isn't a diss, ie i'm not hater. Im a huge fan of Wade, he's better than most of the leage. But just b/c he has a ring and was a key compenant in that title doesn't make him any better of a player. He was great before it and he's great now that he isn't leaiding his team to titles.
  • Darius
    edited June 2010
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    BS.....T/S is not objective at all

and you aren't a doctor and don't know anything about rap. I'm a white kid from North Carolina and could turn your posting career into Benzinos rap career in a matter of rhyming couplets
  • Darius
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You're not objective.. you're a Jordan and LeBron stan....

You only proved my suspicions correct...

You'll take a ringless exciting player over a player that put up about the sane numbers and has a ring?

I'll take the best player if i'm starting a team. I don't put as much stock into who has rings as most people do. I think thats shortsighted.

And if i'm a so called jordan stan then how does that prove the point that I'd rather have a ringless exciting pleyer?
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    i can agree with this for the most part

follow up: if you are top 3 most objective, who are the other two?

good question.
  • Darius
    edited June 2010
    Options
    good question.

damn, ok ? shitman cuz he asked first and i can't give it to you millz b/c yankees fans cannot be that way. I guess the other spot goes to radaman b/c all he does is quote somebody, reword it and then hit it with an LOL ending
  • Dick Shitman
    edited June 2010
    Options
    damn, ok ? shitman cuz he asked first and i can't give it to you millz b/c yankees fans cannot be that way. I guess the other spot goes to radaman b/c all he does is quote somebody, reword it and then hit it with an LOL ending
    i can also agree with this

lol give radaman a break. from his daughter, you see what he has to go through at home

@ millz, who is in ya avi?
  • Darius
    edited June 2010
    Options
    How can someone be the best when they haven't won anything?

right now history says reggie miller is the greatest 3 point shooter ever. he never won a ring. And if one day Ray Allen surpasses Reggie in 3 pointers, history may say he was a better shooter, but its not because he won that ring in boston
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options

lmao, you cant fault me for being born into yankee fandom
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I think I'm objective too. I dont know thats not up to me to say.
  • Darius
    edited June 2010
    Options
    So now rings mean nothing or hold less weight?

So when LeBron scores more points than Jordan and has no rings...he is better because history will say he is the better scorer/player....

Wow thanks for the lesson

if lebron outscores mike, i doubt peole will say its b/c he's a better player seeing as how jordan lost 3 years of PT because he went to college and then sat out a year and a half.

Karl Malone has more points than jordan but he's not a better player.

Reggie Miller is a better SHOOTER, more successful, however you want to say it. there isn't anything contradictory in that.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Naw...You're a fat greasy ? that couldn't get ? if he stayed on a cat farm.

You have Nas nutts so far down your throat....if you coughed you would spit up Ls

You are ugly piece of life....and I hope your grand mother dies

I hope the stupid ? mistakes a glass of gasoline for Apple juice, drinks it, and smokes a cigarette afterwards

You ? I'm not in the reason or gns now... you can't lock my threads or ? to the mods to ban me

Go think about hopping on a treadmill...go eat a granola bar tubby
    first things first, everything in this post is hilarious

second, jamacia is the bolded true?
  • Darius
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Naw...You're a fat greasy ? that couldn't get ? if he stayed on a cat farm.

You have Nas nutts so far down your throat....if you coughed you would spit up Ls

You are ugly piece of life....and I hope your grand mother dies

I hope the stupid ? mistakes a glass of gasoline for Apple juice, drinks it, and smokes a cigarette afterwards

You ? I'm not in the reason or gns now... you can't lock my threads or ? to the admins to ban me

Go think about hopping on a treadmill...go eat a granola bar tubby

man you need to drive to jersey and have him meet you outside the airport
  • 5th Letter
    edited June 2010
    Options
    PimpMVP needs to take a deep breath its only the internet, afterall you're not supposed to catch feelings over words on the screen right?
  • 5th Letter
    edited June 2010
    Options
    What words am I catching feelings over? I've been banned more times than I can count...

But I refuse to let ya flubber looking ass get me banned unjustly

Let's be real....your mother hates you....you have no friends....you're a loser...

You have low self esteem and being a mod gives you a sense of power...you're a mod and no one gives a ? about your uptight hungry ass

I hope you enjoy living your life as a cheetos eating Bacon grease drinking ? boy that you are...? bless

Damn you ethered me.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    and you aren't a doctor and don't know anything about rap. I'm a white kid from North Carolina and could turn your posting career into Benzinos rap career in a matter of rhyming couplets

We don't believe you
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

yeah man, me and shitman are the other 2... LOL.... wait, what?
  • iamkang
    iamkang Members Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'm here to co-sign Shitman only if he fuccs wit the ? nh
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    multi-part MLB question-

is it safe to say Frank Thomas is the greatest slugger of our times because of the steroid issue? as early as 1995 he was advocating drug testing and after hitting his 500th home run was quoted "It means a lot to me because I did it the right way"

should there be a note in the record books discounting players with a steroid issue? IMO the top 5 GOAT sluggers looks like this once you consider steroid use:

Babe Ruth
    Hank Aaron
    Willie Mays
    Ted Williams
    Frank Thomas

? Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Alex Rodriquez - if you were using steroids you're out. what's your take on the issue?
  • Darius
    edited June 2010
    Options
    sickbizzle wrote: »
    multi-part MLB question-

is it safe to say Frank Thomas is the greatest slugger of our times because of the steroid issue? as early as 1995 he was advocating drug testing and after hitting his 500th home run was quoted "It means a lot to me because I did it the right way"

should there be a note in the record books discounting players with a steroid issue? IMO the top 5 GOAT sluggers looks like this once you consider steroid use:

Babe Ruth
    Hank Aaron
    Willie Mays
    Ted Williams
    Frank Thomas

? Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Alex Rodriquez - if you were using steroids you're out. what's your take on the issue?

part 1:

i guess, i want to say Griffey here, but he could do so many more things that its a diservice to him to limit him to 'slugger' status. So yeah, Frank and maybe Juan Gonzalez were the top pure sluggers through the 90s

part 2:

no. i don't see how major league baseball can officially denounce certain players accomplishments for being linked to a drug that the league didn't even test for and turned a blind eye to for years.
  • Darius
    edited June 2010
    Options
    radaman wrote: »
    yeah man, me and shitman are the other 2... LOL.... wait, what?

LMAO...classic