Should African Americans set an example for all African people's?

Options
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
If we changed and started to embrace economic self sufficiency do you think it would have a positive affect for Africans abroad? Do Africans in the diaspora have the moral duty to lead by example?

Comments

• SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    there's more africans out there that set more of an example than african americans.
  • SloGGy
    SloGGy Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    SlickestR wrote: »
    there's more africans out there that set more of an example than african americans.

no disrespect to my american brothers and sisters
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ? _ wrote: »

no disrespect to my american brothers and sisters

yes this is true. And they do it with less resources and opportunity than we have. But in actuality shouldn't it be the other way around? I'm mean Africans throughout the world look to us as trend setters. If we changed our mindset for the positive would it have a domino effect?
  • SloGGy
    edited January 2012
    Options
    yes this is true. And they do it with less resources and opportunity than we have. But in actuality shouldn't it be the other way around? I'm mean Africans throughout the world look to us as trend setters. If we changed our mindset for the positive would it have a domino effect?

i don't know about domino effect, but it would definitely have a huge effect. because as it stands, i can tell you the only brothers the true VILLAGE dudes, by village im talkin bout these dudes don't got running water running around in bare feet living in the worst condition type dudes, look up to right now are the likes of lil wayne, wiz, tupac, biggie and of course right now ...

president obama.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I don't think that the simple act of Africans in the diaspora being self-sufficient will influence Africans in Africa in ANY way. How would that help them if none of the affects of that trickle down to them? And if they don't have the example actually before their eyes?

Maybe I missed something. Explain more, B.
  • SloGGy
    edited January 2012
    Options
    monrovialiberia.jpg

obama+trying+small+%2528alfred%2529+web.jpg

• Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ? _ wrote: »
    i don't know about domino effect, but it would definitely have a huge effect. because as it stands, i can tell you the only brothers the true VILLAGE dudes, by village im talkin bout these dudes don't got running water running around in bare feet living in the worst condition type dudes, look up to right now are the likes of lil wayne, wiz, tupac, biggie and of course right now ...

president obama.

In other words they are embracing the same culture of self destruction blacks in America have been conditioned themselves to. This culture can only keep them complacent and pondering over trivial matters. If blacks in America made a complete change, perhaps it would enlighten Africans and empower them to stand up to their oppressive and corrupt governments.
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Its funny because alot of black people in universities around the USA come from a african or carribean background. We grow up with different morals, i mean its not always the case, but alot of african kids excel in school when they get here.

For example my cousin in NY, was a badass, didnt give a ? , he'll smack the ? outta anybody, but youll never see him disrespect an elder...why? because in our culture thats extremely disrespectful, even tho my cuz was a trouble maker every teacher in the school loved him n thought he was an angel because he had so much respect for elders, just differences in morals n conduct, makes us different.

But no disrespect at all i mean alot of my friends african american, shii i am too but my parents from africa, but growin up u can see the difference more n more as u get older
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    BUT with that being said!

In Canada its a whole different world. Alot of kids from Eritiea, Ethiopia, Sudan, Sierra Leonne, start goin wild when they come here. because they watch too much BET and then they wanna be like them because they dont know any better.

? come thru wearin powerpuffgirl shoes then the next year they out here sellin ? , i lost 3 friends because of peer pressure, when they came here, everybody made fun of them because they african and they werent being "black" so then they looked up to the gangstas n the movies they see on TV n begin to emulate it.

Im gonna post links of my city for proof, theres an african mafia out here, n if u ? wit em they'll chop ur head off or ? u.

Over here they be blastin at cops n ? , in my city it aint even that bad, its worse on the west coast
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    They can but they wont.
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    African Americans are typically white people in brown skin. We emulated everything before us, finessed the customs and today is the result.

Extreme liberalism demoralized and took us from out of a system of collectivism into individualism.
    You can tell the difference in African Americans compared to blacks that immigrated here because the immigrants derive from a system of collectivism.

It's not hard to figure out what works and what doesn't.
    After we had our taste of individualism, we cried whined and ? about returning back to collectivism but we are at a point where we are beyond repair.

2 generations of my people been born & raised into this individualist ideology/system and 1 generation had to witness and absorb the shock of the transition taking place right before their eyes.

Disenfranchisement followed and now everyone crying to return to what we once had... A morally ethical system of collectivism and its family-community values that will never return being that we are 3 generations absorbed into "self"... (i got mines, ? you, go get yours)

We became "crab in a barrel" just like the very people we chose to emulate (white folks)
  • SlickestR
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Mr. AJ wrote: »
    African Americans are typically white people in brown skin. We emulated everything before us, finessed the customs and today is the result.

Extreme liberalism demoralized and took us from out of a system of collectivism into individualism.
    You can tell the difference in African Americans compared to blacks that immigrated here because the immigrants derive from a system of collectivism.

It's not hard to figure out what works and what doesn't.
    After we had our taste of individualism, we cried whined and ? about returning back to collectivism but we are at a point where we are beyond repair.

2 generations of my people been born & raised into this individualist ideology/system and 1 generation had to witness and absorb the shock of the transition taking place right before their eyes.

Disenfranchisement followed and now everyone crying to return to what we once had... A morally ethical system of collectivism and its family-community values that will never return being that we are 3 generations absorbed into "self"... (i got mines, ? you, go get yours)

We became "crab in a barrel" just like the very people we chose to emulate (white folks)

Co-Sign. ...........
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options

why? why not follow the example already being set?
  • SlickestR
    edited January 2012
    Options

do you say that because we live in a western society?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Should white americans set an example for all white people?

Should latino americans set an example for all latinos?

• SlickestR
    edited January 2012
    Options
    people need heroes... doesn't matter who it is..