90's Albums that You Finally Listened to and Loved

Options
bankenstein
bankenstein Members Posts: 227 ✭✭
edited January 2012 in The Reason
I was already a fan of these cats, I just never got around to listening to these certain albums but I'm glad I did...What 90's albums yall listening to?

album-still-standing.jpg

00-Cover-STaT10.jpg

album-supreme-clientele.jpg

61KGHQY4R9L.jpg..............

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I guess I cant weigh in on this.. I was 17 in 1990 so i done pretty much heard a significant amount of 90's hip hop albums to disqualify me from the intent of the thread.

Suggestion - Smiff N Wessun "Da Shinin" album :) for its content and not so much of production.
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    90's hip hop gets praised so much, what about albums from 2000's
  • bankenstein
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I actually had this Mac album since 05 but that's when I was heavy on my New Orleans ? . Definitely glad I bought this one. The best artist beside Soulja Slim and Mystikal from NO Limit

Mac+-+World+War+III.jpg

icecube-deathcertificate.jpg

murda-muzik-prodigy.jpg
  • bankenstein
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Mr. AJ wrote: »
    I guess I cant weigh in on this.. I was 17 in 1990 so i done pretty much heard a significant amount of 90's hip hop albums to disqualify me from the intent of the thread.

Suggestion - Smiff N Wessun "Da Shinin" album :) for its content and not so much of production.

Yeah I'm 23 and I always told myself to check out certain albums when I was growing up and with the internet ? has become a lot easierto get music than when I was coming up
    SlickestR wrote: »

I loved the early 2000's but this about 90's albums ? ...Either contribute to the thread or keep it movin lil ?

and as you can see, a majority of my cd collection are form the early 2000's

l_066081295f35497381e535fd7e93187e.jpg
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    80% of the best music in the 2000 era derive from independent underground market. 2000 era mainstream/commercial was lead by Slim Shady and it all went to hell from then on.
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    im 24 but there aren't many 90s albums that i haven't heard since i grew up listening to hiphop , dancehall reggae. that all that played in my house and my cousins house. im lucky my parents didn't care what music i was hearing
  • bankenstein
    edited January 2012
    Options
    blackbloc wrote: »
    im 24 but there aren't many 90s albums that i haven't heard since i grew up listening to hiphop , dancehall reggae. that all that played in my house and my cousins house. im lucky my parents didn't care what music i was hearing

Same here, and me and you the same age so we came up on the same ? and you probably started REALLY listening to hio hop around 96-98 like I did. I call that the Timbaland/No Limit era cuz that's what me and my ? was on back then

BUT this aint about the music you've been heard. This thread about the albums you went back and checked out and loved.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The Firm was one of the weakest albums I have ever heard. Damn shame I spent money on it
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    any of y'all have dem ? on vinyl ?
  • bankenstein
    Options
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im a huge Black Moon fan, but aside from the singles, I never sat down and listened to Enta Da Stage, which I had for years. I listened to it last year, one of the greatest albums ever.
  • ...MVP...
    ...MVP... Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Mr. AJ wrote: »

Yeah I'm 23 and I always told myself to check out certain albums when I was growing up and with the internet ? has become a lot easierto get music than when I was coming up

I loved the early 2000's but this about 90's albums ? ...Either contribute to the thread or keep it movin lil ?

and as you can see, a majority of my cd collection are form the early 2000's

l_066081295f35497381e535fd7e93187e.jpg

LOL Carter III looks so outta place.

And did u really buy a ? Rich Boy album?!?!?!?
  • bankenstein
    Options
    ...MVP... wrote:

lol That's the year I stopped ? with Wayne...and pretty much the same time I stopped buying cd's.

and lol @ the Rich Boy album. I was in high school bruh. And don't get it twisted, that album was actually pretty solid
  • bankenstein
    Options
    ...MVP... wrote:

lol That's the year I stopped ? with Wayne...and pretty much the same time I stopped buying cd's.

and lol @ the Rich Boy album. I was in high school bruh. And don't get it twisted, that album was actually pretty solid