Whats going on with Jadakiss?

Options
ustreet_monsta
ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in The Reason
Jay-Z is 58 years old, Prodigy fell off, Cam fell off, Nas is Nas, and 50 Cent hasn’t made a good song since they freed Yayo. So why is Jadakiss unable to capitalize off the music and power vacuum in NY rap?

Nevermind that he’s been spitting the same verse for the last 15yrs. Or that he’s the only member outta the Lox who cant make a decent album. Or that song he did with Paris Hilton.

jadakiss.jpg

Right now he’s best known for laughing maniacally before his verses start. Whats he laughing at B?

jadakiss.jpg

He signed a slave deal with Puff, got mad, left, dissed him and ‘Rapin U Records’ then he tried to come back and sign with Puff again.

jadakiss-smiling.jpg

Kiss signed a solo deal with Roc-a-fella (yes they still exist) after Jay, Dame, & Biggs left. I’m assuming Pain in Da Ass is running things over there now.

301211_jadakiss1a.jpg

Is Jadakiss ? ?

Comments

• BendMeOverNigga
    BendMeOverNigga Members Posts: 67
    edited January 2012
    Options
    not ? ...just a bad business man.....and he too one dimensional
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Nobody even care about a Jadakiss feature anymore. Its like..you already know what he gonna say and how he gonna say it. French Montana is hotter than Jadakiss right now in NY.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Jada make a car reference in every verse lol
  • BendMeOverNigga
    edited January 2012
    Options
    the problem with jadaksis is that he's a street rapper who tries to make a commercial album and he puts out too many mixtapes....
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Nobody even care about a Jadakiss feature anymore. Its like..you already know what he gonna say and how he gonna say it. French Montana is hotter than Jadakiss right now in NY.

Thats ? up. French is garbage.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    He needs to Kiss the Game Goodbye because hes doing nothing different from what he was doing 15 years ago
  • alpo.
    alpo. Members Posts: 42
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I always felt that cuz Jada is so dope and happy just be a "solid rapper" who drops good mixtapes and freestyles, ? will willingly give him a pass for laziness and ? like his song with Paris....as well as the multiple losses he has taken in his career. I mean, can you imagine if it had been certain other rappers involved in the Puffy debacle? I doubt they would have gotten of so lightly...and still respected as much as far as the clownin is concerned.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Maybe if his producers would make some smash hit singles like the way the cash money machine could!
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    jadakiss does not get the nuff support for his album . his albums never really get a push or have a good promotion around it . he has about 3 -4 good songs on the album the rest is jus garbage dont get me rong i lik his musik but he jus not album type person i guess same with juelz santana.
  • BendMeOverNigga
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If jadakiss stops making mixtapes and make a HIP HOP album without those corny radio joints..he would be alright
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    He needs to drop better albums.

Plus after 17 years in the game, and a MC of his caliber not to drop a universal 5 mic classic, is disappointment. He has classic verses and songs, but no classic album.

Add the fact that he is the old guard of NY that has a hard time adapting to the more colorful scene of the post-gangsta rap era, and that's the answer.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    jada gives the best 16's still but still can't seem to craft an album ....

add to the fact that he is stuck in the mafioso era of the mid 90's and was unwilling to add some flash to his image via puffy back in 96 .......

he leaves puff blames puff for all of his hardships, goes to interscope only to find out that puff was just being the typical rap ceo and decides a decade later that he would entertain another contract offer from puff ....

like how does your label (ruff ryders) offer u to the man (50cent) that has been dissing u?

its sad but jada has been tossed up by the whole rap industry ..........
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

lol I know he is...
  • gr8VALue
    gr8VALue Members Posts: 221 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    onepunch5 wrote: »
    If jadakiss stops making mixtapes and make a HIP HOP album without those corny radio joints..he would be alright

C/s to the fullest, alot of ? fail when they try to force them hit songs & kiss is one of those ? .
    If he had stuck to what he knows best, he would be in a different place in his career imo
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

yo moma garbage ? .
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

Yes, that is true. Sad sight there. French is even worse than Jadakiss, and is not versatile either. New York should be ? ashamed.
    alpo. wrote: »
    I always felt that cuz Jada is so dope and happy just be a "solid rapper" who drops good mixtapes and freestyles, ? will willingly give him a pass for laziness and ? like his song with Paris....as well as the multiple losses he has taken in his career. I mean, can you imagine if it had been certain other rappers involved in the Puffy debacle? I doubt they would have gotten of so lightly...and still respected as much as far as the clownin is concerned.

Jadakiss is not dope at all.
    onepunch5 wrote: »

No...he is pretty wack

Wild Self wrote: »
    He needs to drop better albums.

Plus after 17 years in the game, and a MC of his caliber not to drop a universal 5 mic classic, is disappointment. He has classic verses and songs, but no classic album.

Add the fact that he is the old guard of NY that has a hard time adapting to the more colorful scene of the post-gangsta rap era, and that's the answer.

Jadakiss is ? terrible...who is expecting a great album from him?

BoYBe$T wrote: »
    jada gives the best 16's still but still can't seem to craft an album ....

add to the fact that he is stuck in the mafioso era of the mid 90's and was unwilling to add some flash to his image via puffy back in 96 .......

he leaves puff blames puff for all of his hardships, goes to interscope only to find out that puff was just being the typical rap ceo and decides a decade later that he would entertain another contract offer from puff ....

like how does your label (ruff ryders) offer u to the man (50cent) that has been dissing u?

its sad but jada has been tossed up by the whole rap industry ..........

Jadakiss has never had a dope verse in his entire career. You are killing me with that first sentence. You are off.
  • Wild Self
    edited January 2012
    Options
    if Jada ever decided to be an artist instead of a punchline feature rapper he could put together a classic hip hop opus...
    imagine if Denzel played Alonzo in every ? movie... dope character, but tell us a different story ? ...

Jada is on the elite level of punchline rappers, its just that an elite punchline rapper = slight above good rapper that cannot craft an album to save his life.

From Jada to Ma$e to Fab to Paul Cain to Banks........it seems that not one of them can make a classic album to save their life. That superficial punchline rapper just cannot thrive, outside of a very few like BIG and Jigga.
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    son doesnt even have an album out an he has a thread about him...seems like he doin something right. Kiss knows his audience and he makes music for them..and still dabbles in pop every now and then. He dont need a classic under his belt to be considered a legend...look at his influence. dudes stay biting kiss' flow. for a couple years straight, every eastcoast mixtape rapper bit that ? whole flow. Fabolous owe that ? a check..banks owe that ? a check...Red Cafe owe that ? check...Rick Ross owe that ? check...etc

and i dont get what so bad about his albums? When you buy a kiss album you should already know what you are gonna get...if you dont know that by now then stop buying the album....? half yall ? complaing about stuff and yall dont even buy nothin!!!lol stop being cheap!
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    if Jada ever decided to be an artist instead of a punchline feature rapper he could put together a classic hip hop opus...
    imagine if Denzel played Alonzo in every ? movie... dope character, but tell us a different story ? ...

Nothing Jadakiss has done is comparable. Bad comparison. Denzel is one of the greats in his field, and Jadakiss is slightly above a spec of duct.

Wild Self wrote: »
    Jada is on the elite level of punchline rappers, its just that an elite punchline rapper = slight above good rapper that cannot craft an album to save his life.

From Jada to Ma$e to Fab to Paul Cain to Banks........it seems that not one of them can make a classic album to save their life. That superficial punchline rapper just cannot thrive, outside of a very few like BIG and Jigga.

His punchlines are ? horrible

son doesnt even have an album out an he has a thread about him...seems like he doin something right. Kiss knows his audience and he makes music for them..and still dabbles in pop every now and then. He dont need a classic under his belt to be considered a legend...look at his influence. dudes stay biting kiss' flow. for a couple years straight, every eastcoast mixtape rapper bit that ? whole flow. Fabolous owe that ? a check..banks owe that ? a check...Red Cafe owe that ? check...Rick Ross owe that ? check...etc

and i dont get what so bad about his albums? When you buy a kiss album you should already know what you are gonna get...if you dont know that by now then stop buying the album....? half yall ? complaing about stuff and yall dont even buy nothin!!!lol stop being cheap!

Whole post not saying ?
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    jadakiss is just a mixtape artist .
  • Wild Self
    edited January 2012
    Options

I made that mistake of buying Kiss tha Game Goodbye thinking he was the second coming of BIG. But Jada seems to inspire ? to become underachievers, if you think about it.

-Ma$e ain't doing nothing big musically.
    -Fab done nothing groundbreaking.
    -Banks ain't do nothing groundbreaking
    -Red Cafe

and so on. Its like these ? like being sub par in their careers and not to strive to be better than their predecessors.

Jada don't have a lot of money (but true fans don't care about a rapper's pocket, which I respect) NOR dropped a universal classic album. I mean, if your goal is not to make a musically groundbreaking album, then what is the point of being an MC?

KRS has classic albums
    Rakim Has classic albums
    Nas has classic albums
    Run DMC has classic albums
    Public Enemy has classic albums
    NWA debut is a classic
    Ice Cube has classic albums
    Jay has classic albums
    Big has classic albums
    Pac has classic albums
    Wu Tang has classic albums
    ATCQ has classic albums

I gotten nothing but disappointment and mediocrity from these punchline rappers like Jada.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

No at the bolded. Jadakiss definitely does not make music for his audience at all. His mixtapes and freestyles are 20 times better than his albums. Also, you obviously need a classic album to be considered a legend. How are you going to be damn near 20 years in the game with no classic albums? He should be embarrassed.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i give jadakiss some credit, those songs that were left off his first album due to bootlegging were classic material, the album ended up being watered down but between the classic tracks that were on the album and the tracks left off he potentially could of dropped a classic, this is one of them right here

classic ?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Jada is busy cooking up another hot mixtape that will get us hyped up for his album which will be below average just like all the rest of his solo work.
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

Maybe we don't buy his albums, because they ain't worth ? . WTF kind of argument is that?