Do you support Minor league teams?

Options
caddo man
caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Well do you?

I think minor league is Arena Football league, non MLS soccer teams, UFL, Minor league baseball, any crazy ass league outside of MLB, NFL, NBA, MLS, NHL.

I try to go to them for the nostalgia fo being out but after awhile i get bored with not knowing anything about these cats. Arena football, NBDL, and maybe UFL I can do but that the others you know if dude is good far awhile he is leaving and the winning for your minor league team is gone.

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yeah, we got the AAA affiliate for the White Sox near here and i like to go to to those games.

We used to have a Rangers affilliate like 5 minutes from my house back in the day. I got to see Sosa, Ivan Rodriguez, and Juan Gonzalez in single-A ball. but George Shinn was the owner, an naturally he move the team
  • caddo man
    edited June 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    yeah, we got the AAA affiliate for the White Sox near here and i like to go to to those games.

We used to have a Rangers affilliate like 5 minutes from my house back in the day. I got to see Sosa, Ivan Rodriguez, and Juan Gonzalez in single-A ball. but George Shinn was the owner, an naturally he move the team

A good minor league stadium is GOAT. $2 dollar beer night, $20 all you can eat night, Pam Anderson bobble breast night! LOL!
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    not really I only go when one of the dudes on the Phillies working they way back up from the DL get to see them play for cheap
  • caddo man
    edited June 2010
    Options
    not really I only go when one of the dudes on the Phillies working they way back up from the DL get to see them play for cheap

How about Arena league football or the others?
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    How about Arena league football or the others?

i tried to watch sports outside of the big 4 but I got bored quick especially with not knowing who anybody was
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yea when i'm down in Peoria visiting relatives sometimes i go to the Cubs' minor league team the Peoria Chiefs with my cousin, pretty fun stuff - concessions are cheap and a lot cool people and nice girls around, it's a great atmosphere.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Nah, not really. It's one of those things I'll go to if I get free tickets.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If they Have Top Prospects on their Team i'll go, if not then Nah.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeah, sometimes. It's a baseball team a few miles away and I'll go to a game if I ain't got nothing else goin. it's a nice little environment to chill in.....