Eli > Peyton ?

Options

Comments

• woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    too be fair to Eli, now they win because of him, not in spite of him

To be fair to Peyton, The Giants D health the best offense in NFL history to 14 points, and 1 of the best years a QB has ever had to 20 points (shoulda been 6).
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    kA9n-86k_original.png

UsDl0mT6_original.jpg

ESPN really gonna swagger jack me ?
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    too be fair to Eli, now they win because of him, not in spite of him

An they won because of him The entire 2008 playoffs including SB 42,where he had 2 TD's in the 4th quarter with one of the greatest drives in History when the D gave up a lead with 2 mins left.

Eli is the most disrespected SB MVP ever
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Eli has never played on a team as good as the 2003-2007 colts teams. They were loaded especially on offense

Plus the colts had fallen off, they were gonna be average THIS year with Peyton.

Take Eli off THIS giants team and they're 2 maybe 3 win squad

Now go look at the Colts defensive numbers those same years...the Colts have always had a terrible defense...outside of their 2 pash rushers, their most notable defensive player was Bob Sanders and he was injured more than he played...the Giants have consistently had a very strong defense...outside of this year, they've been a feared defensive team...hell last year they injured how many qb's?
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    An they won because of him In SB, where he had 2 TD's in the 4th quarter with one of the greatest drives in History when the D gave up a lead with 2 mins left.

Eli is the most disrespected SB MVP ever

True ? 9/14 152yds and 2 td's in the 4th quarter (both trailing)...has to be one of the best 4th quarter statlines in super bowl history..
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    No disrespect but after the 9ers get in that ass this week no one will be talking about Eli.

People just hype because the giants beat a seemingly unstoppable packers team. Eli is a SLEPT ON top 5 qb, but come on
  • blackrain
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I will say this though, all of my best friends are Giants fans, and their biggest complaint about Eli is his tendency to just throw the ball into the air at times and get bailed out by his receivers...
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    True ? 9/14 152yds and 2 td's in the 4th quarter (both trailing)...has to be one of the best 4th quarter statlines in super bowl history..

That's what its all about, performing when the lights shine the brightest.

Probably my favorite 4th quarter of all time, in any sport.(given what was on the line)
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    eli is about to carve up the 9ers d to show up drew bress then is gonna go either snatch ray lewis soul or tom bradys again
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    this ? brodie just jump at any chance to disrespect the GOAT Peyton.

Texans fan ?

son, let it go
  • ClemsonKUjayhawks215
    ClemsonKUjayhawks215 Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So again all the people who say peyton doesnt have a defense what about in college when he was at Tennessee and went 0-4 ( in tennessee's biggest game every year) against Florida???????
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So again all the people who say peyton doesnt have a defense what about in college when he was at Tennessee and went 0-4 ( in tennessee's biggest game every year) against Florida???????

its funny because if it wasnt for defense he would of never got that first ring, the way he played throughout the playoffs and in the superbowl it was like he was trying to lose, but his defense bailed him out, ill give him credit against the pats in the 2nd half of that game but if reche caldwell could of caught one of the two wide opens passes he would still be ringless
  • Shane5140
    Shane5140 Members Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Eli has without a doubt has shown growth as a QB ever since 2008, but he is not greater than his brother. If Eli missed an entire season the Giants would win more than 2 games unlike the Colts.
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Really? Smh. These threads
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    Eli will always get disrespected and I'm ok with that, if he gets us another Super Bowl everyone's opinion doesn't really matter, he comes to play and dude never folds under pressure, there's no qb I rather have under center than Eli

I've always felt this way. Like i tell people he's our QB.

BTW as much as i like eli, he's not better than big bro. Ill give em being more clutch
  • its....JOHN B
    edited January 2012
    Options
    some of yall are going overboard
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I've always felt this way. Like i tell people he's our QB.

BTW as much as i like eli, he's not better than big bro. Ill give em being more clutch

LOL....Cooper blacksheep of the family... sucks dude was a top WR in the Country in HS... but a spine condition at Ole Miss ended his career.
  • ClemsonKUjayhawks215
    ClemsonKUjayhawks215 Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I guess we also aint gonna act like Tennessee didnt win the BCS the YEAR AFTER peyton went ot the nfl
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Eli in the 2 Min Drill and 4th Qtr>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Peyton in those situations
  • blackrain
    edited January 2012
    Options
    its funny because if it wasnt for defense he would of never got that first ring, the way he played throughout the playoffs and in the superbowl it was like he was trying to lose, but his defense bailed him out, ill give him credit against the pats in the 2nd half of that game but if reche caldwell could of caught one of the two wide opens passes he would still be ringless

the same defense that had literally ben run over all season? that defense was garbage and came on and had a run during the playoffs, but if you look at that whole season, that Colts defense was ugly...
  • its....JOHN B
    edited January 2012
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    the same defense that had literally ben run over all season? that defense was garbage and came on and had a run during the playoffs, but if you look at that whole season, that Colts defense was ugly...

that was the funny thing, peyton disapeared when it mattered and the defense showed up, even tho the defense sucked all year and peyton carried them to the playoffs
  • Cosmic_Cannon
    Cosmic_Cannon Members Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I can't believe this thread is 15 pages, dumb posters are killing me.
    Some of you guys watch a couple of highlights, then now ya wanna claim Eli as the better qb.
    What's next, you wanna say Blake is better than Dirk, simply because he jumps high. FOH.
    This is coming from a GIANTS fan btw, so at least I have some input.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

bruh florida stay beating tennessee down that's nothing new
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    PPl seem to live in the moment Eli won SB true but so has Peyton. Peyton damn has been in the playoffs almost every year except rookie season.......Eli won the SB in 07 but what about '08 playoffs when they lost to the eagles b/c Eli threw 2 Ints real clutch...'09 oh yeah Giants didnt make the playoffs..........'10 Giants didnt make the playoffs again...'11 he has come into his own with some big games especially the GB win but I wouldnt say Eli>Peyton...As much as Eli come thru this year with big games I've seen him lose a lot more big games as well.