The Official MMA Thread: Alvarez TKOs Gaethje, Ngannou KOs Overeem, Holloway TKOs Aldo

Options

Comments

• CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol Michael is killing me
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Splenda >>>>>> "Suga" Rashad Evans
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rashad started catching those elbows,and went into defensive mode. I don't think Hendo could beat Jones either. Only person that can stop Jones is Dos Santos.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching the post fight press conference, White confirms Henderson will fight Jon Jones.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    yall mma heads school me on this ? : is it really that big a deal fighting someone you train with? cuz i do remember evans saying he had a problem with it well before the match was even made
    Yeah somewhat it is. Thats how Evans-Jones beef got started. MMA fighters train with each other like a
    "Team Concept" they become close like family. they seen each other moves in training. It also becomes a conflict of interest with the coaches, if guys from the same team fight, who will be in who's corner? Most teammates will say that the only way they would fight each other, if the belt is on the line or its a big money fight.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Henderson got a chance bc that dude don't give a ? he'll put his head down and start throwing haymakers
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @PimpMVP

I B you slime! Lol

Yo, ? my ? for real. If anyone here got a problem with that ? . They got a problem with me. Str8 up. Same with my ? BCotton.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    Henderson got a chance bc that dude don't give a ? he'll put his head down and start throwing haymakers

yea dude is agressive
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    as you watch Jon Jones opponents during each round break in their corner, round after round, you can see the face of a man's spirit being broken. their expressions grow more desperate every round. Rampage, Evans, Machida, Rua, etc all had that look.

sad ? .

I like hendo, his ? to the wall kamikaze style is his advantage, but he ain't gonna win. jones will strike, push him off, and fall back. hendo will swing haymakers. jones will out run him. if it goes to round 3 hendo will gas out and jones will take him down and sub him cuz hendos ground game is ? . I can see his post fight interview right now........."aaahhhhhh i think it's time for this old man to call it quits....".

If hendo does win, I can see him retiring as well too.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Jon Jones is like what only 23?

smh... I hope I never ? up, run into this guy at a club, not recognize him, and start some ? by mistake.

Dude runs down thieves and ? , so he's clearly not a coward or "show fighter." His heart don't pump Kool-Aid. He's one of those cats that sounds like a surfer but will ? you up on contact. Be in the club getting elbowed out with the bouncers looking at you like, "Tough break, ? " while you screaming, "I didn't know! I didn't know!"

• eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as you watch Jon Jones opponents during each round break in their corner, round after round, you can see the face of a man's spirit being broken. their expressions grow more desperate every round. Rampage, Evans, Machida, Rua, etc all had that look.

sad ? .

i was telling my cousin the same thing dude is shao kahn straight snatching dudes souls
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • thenatureboy
    thenatureboy Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well Rashad was able to last the distance, but aside from a few solid strikes early on really wasn't able to do much against Jones. Jones was impressive again in victory utilizing a variety of strikes, most notably those standing elbows to score the victory. No time was really spent on the ground aside from Jones pulling guard at the end of the 5th rd. With his 3rd title defense behind him, Jones next challenger will be Hendo who will hope to deliver a H-Bomb that can hurt the champion. As far as Rashad I would like to see him face Shogun or maybe a rematch with Machida.

Rory McDonald did what was expected of him as he brutalized Che Mills on the ground, he really has some impressive GnP. A step up in competition should no doubt be in his future.

Schaub's chin betrayed him again as he was KO against Big Ben. Nice promo from Rothwell after the fight, he really needed this win.

Michael McDonald proved again why he is a prospect to watch in the BW division by finishing Miguel Torres in devastating fashion. I would like to see him face Brad Pickett next.

Hominick/Yagin had a very good fight, but it was the power strikes of Yagin that edged out the solid technique of Hominick to score him the victory.

Anytime a HW can throw that double knee that Travis Browne did before he easily submitted Chad Griggs it is impressive.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited April 2012
    Options
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rory McDonald did what was expected of him as he brutalized Che Mills on the ground, he really has some impressive GnP. A step up in competition should no doubt be in his future.

No doubt. Che Mills got demolished. Joe Rogan be hyping ? up too much for weak fighters (his job I guess). Everyone knew that ? was gonna be like feeding an alligator fish snacks at the zoo.

• Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    Options
    As I said, Bones repping for skinny ? destroying Shad. Hendo old ass don't want that ass whupping next.

P4P champ or naw?
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most Definitely p4p

Bones Jones
    GSP
    Silva
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jones has zero KO power.

But he's great at picking apart opponents with accumulative damage.

That wouldn't work at Heavyweight though. He has to stay at LHW or he'll get killed at HW.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »

I wanted Reem vs JDS. But I guess Frank Mir....I mean why not.

That card is all ? heavyweights though. ? . All these fat ? gonna gas in the second round. Or just Roy Nelson.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Alistair Overeem Denied Fighting License By NSAC, Unable To Reapply For 9 Months

(Photos by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)

UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem had his long awaited hearing with the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) today. The former Strikeforce heavyweight champion appeared before the commission to seek a fighting license to compete at UFC 146 on May 26 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Overeem was denied licensure by the commission with the conditions the Dutch fighter cannot apply for a fighting license in other jurisdictions or compete for nine-months. The commission cited Overeem’s failed drug test that was administered by the NSAC on March 27 as the primary reason for the denial of his license.

Overeem will be able to apply for a license on December 27, 2012; exactly nine-months from the day the random drug test was administered.

As Overeem said in a statement released to the media prior to the hearing, his defense for the elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio was that his doctor gave him an anti-inflammatory for an injury that carried testosterone.

The hearing started with Overeem’s attorney requesting a 45-60 day continuance on the case, but the NSAC denied the motion and insisted a ruling be made at that hearing. From there, the questioning of Overeem and his legal council began.

The council backtracked through a timeline from January 1 to present day, which Overeem was given two anti-inflammatory injections that carried testosterone. Dr. Hector Molina administered the first injection to Overeem on Jan. 12, while Overeem himself did the second injection on March 23.

When a fighter is denied licensure by one commission, the rest of the Athletic Commissions are the country typically abides by that ruling. That means the chances of Overeem competing in 2012 are slim.

Overeem was scheduled to challenge Junior dos Santos for the UFC heavyweight championship at UFC 146, but was pulled from the fight and replaced by Frank Mir. UFC president Dana White said after the UFC 145 post-fight press conference that he was not confident Overeem would be granted a license. Clearly his instincts were right.

The UFC has not made an official statement regarding the NSAC’s ruling on Overeem’s license application.

source: http://www.fightcove.com/alistair-overeem-denied-fighting-license-by-nsac-unable-to-reapply-for-9-months/
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    When is Silva fighting again?
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    When is Silva fighting again?

i think end of june i could be wrong tho...anyway i hope he smash dude face in and why are they giving sonnen a rematch?