so whos gonna start the movement

Options

Comments

• musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    and since u black Greeks started BET, why don't u advertise this stuff on a consistent basis on network telivision?
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    this is a good post but is VERY MISLEADING because it gives the IMPRESSION that the average black American works for others of their ethnic group, which is not the case. if u go to almost any majority black community in America you can clearly see that Asians and whites are in control of most employment. yes these groups exist, but they need to be more organized in order to have a greater impact on the general black population. irregardless of your links, most black people work for others. until we can stop that & keep black Americans in areas were they have majority status & wealth, the disparity will continue. the black farmers union has even complained about Obamas lack of concern for their interests, which is a direct byproduct of NOT HAVING A LOBBY.

First of all, you said they dont exist in this gem here..
    why can't we build our own trade unions, mansions, factories, chemical plants, dealerships, farms, grocery stores, technical, security & legal firms, schools, credit unions & companies? because the black upper class that I named does not want to lead that movement & never did.

Second, it doesnt give any impression about where black people work. It simply proves that those black owned businesses DO exist all over the country.

So, now the notion has changed from the examples YOU mentioned not existing to who people work for? People are going to work for whomever pays the bills. Asians and whites arent employing black people by the truckload to keep "us" down. As a business owner myself, I would not look to ONLY employ black people, I'm looking for whoever is qualified for the job. Would I prefer black people, sure, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let the business suffer to "keep it real".

What would be a greater impact to the general black population is access to BETTER education. Better education = more opportunities.

Case in point, irregardless is not a word.
  • musicology1985
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of blame pointed in all directions here but this is the stupidist (and that might not be a word.....yet) ? I have ever heard. Your theory is crazy. You mean to tell me black people in black communities allow their own property (either rent or own) value go down because of people that did something for themselves won't come back and help them? This is the reason for the shootings, the drugs, the destruction of community property, school drop outs, etc.? And you keep saying OUR LEADERS. What about the followers? Are they following?

I told u earlier, money that was supposed to be allocated for city services & business districts was stolen and or misappropriated by mainly black Greeks and Freemasons. also, due to a shortage of black businesses who can provide mass employment & outside racism, many turned to crime. how can followers do what they need to do without the proper city services & security, while public officials live in the suburbs.

I say bartering is the best way to start.
  • major pain
    edited July 2010
    Options
    and since u black Greeks started BET, why don't u advertise this stuff on a consistent basis on network telivision?

Hey guy, try to realize that A (singular) black greek started BET. Not an entire group. His actions or non-actions do not speak for the entire BLACK GREEK world. He also was not responsible for programming. He owned the company. He was running a business. The purpose of running a business is to make money. Sure he could have pushed an agenda that is afro-centric and all positive, but thats probably not the way to make the most money. Lets be honest here, the average 14 year old that watches 106 and park everyday is probably not concerned with politics, black owned businesses, and community development, RIGHT?
  • musicology1985
    edited July 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    First of all, you said they dont exist in this gem here..

Second, it doesnt give any impression about where black people work. It simply proves that those black owned businesses DO exist all over the country.

I never said they didn't exist. I SAID WHY CAN'T THE UPPER CLASS BLACKS AND GROUPS I MENTIONED LEAD A MOVEMENT TO HAVE ALL OF OUR RESOURCES UNDER OUR CONTROL WHERE WE ARE THE MAJORITY (which I explained)

I already said that we have pockets of success due to integration, but no massive success where as we can make demands and get what we want like other established ethnic groups in this country because of black flight which has in turn caused a brain drain.

all that other stuff u said is irrelevant.
  • major pain
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I told u earlier, money that was supposed to be allocated for city services & business districts was stolen and or misappropriated by mainly black Greeks and Freemasons. also, due to a shortage of black businesses who can provide mass employment & outside racism, many turned to crime. how can followers do what they need to do without the proper city services & security, while public officials live in the suburbs.

I say bartering is the best way to start.

Here you go with these empty statements. Now, can you provide a reference to this? Ya know somewhere that ANYONE can see/read about this in clear text? Also, you keep saying this happened/happens as if on some large scale. So, are you implying this is happening everywhere all the time?
  • musicology1985
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hey guy, try to realize that A (singular) black greek started BET. Not an entire group. His actions or non-actions do not speak for the entire BLACK GREEK world. He also was not responsible for programming. He owned the company. He was running a business. The purpose of running a business is to make money. Sure he could have pushed an agenda that is afro-centric and all positive, but thats probably not the way to make the most money.

and that was my whole point from the start. the elevation of black greeks in front of all other sects in our ethnic group caused our current disunited & individualists situation. the thread starter asked what happened to the movement? this is what happened.
  • major pain
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I never said they didn't exist. I SAID WHY CAN'T THE UPPER CLASS BLACKS AND GROUPS I MENTIONED LEAD A MOVEMENT TO HAVE ALL OF OUR RESOURCES UNDER OUR CONTROL WHERE WE ARE THE MAJORITY (which I explained)

I already said that we have pockets of success due to integration, but no massive success where as we can make demands and get what we want like other established ethnic groups in this country because of black flight which has in turn caused a brain drain.

all that other stuff u said is irrelevant.

Here is what you said.
    why can't we build our own trade unions, mansions, factories, chemical plants, dealerships, farms, grocery stores, technical, security & legal firms, schools, credit unions & companies? because the black upper class that I named does not want to lead that movement & never did.

THAT IMPLIES THEY DONT EXIST. Now, I could take a leap of faith, and assume that you are smart enough to know better, but you have surprised me before... so I'm taking what you type at face value. The facts show, that they do exist and on a large scale.

Also, YOU brought up the subject of where/who people work for. So, when I speak on it, its irrelevant? Education is irrelevant?
  • major pain
    edited July 2010
    Options
    and that was my whole point from the start. the elevation of black greeks in front of all other sects in our ethnic group caused our current disunited & individualists situation. the thread starter asked what happened to the movement? this is what happened.

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND, THAT ONE MAN'S ACTIONS, DO NOT SPEAK FOR THE ENTIRE GROUP? Robert Johnson isnt Kappa Alpha Psi's representative to the nation. He doesnt go to work as Kappa Alpha Psi dictator and owner of CEO second. I'm willing to bet the ? aint even FINANCIAL with them.

Since Obama is president now, should all the mistakes he has made be on the shoulders of all black people? Tell me how that would be any different from what you are saying here?
  • musicology1985
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Here is what you said.

THAT IMPLIES THEY DONT EXIST. Now, I could take a leap of faith, and assume that you are smart enough to know better, but you have surprised me before... so I'm taking what you type at face value. The facts show, that they do exist and on a large scale.

Also, YOU brought up the subject of where/who people work for. So, when I speak on it, its irrelevant? Education is irrelevant?

dawg, the average black person cannot seek employment from their own people man. unless it is through barbershops, salons and the church. you searched for POCKETS throughout the U.S. that doesn't even affect the average black persons life. so on that level of tangible results in regards to a movement? (which this thread is about) no, it doesn't exist.
  • musicology1985
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Major Pain-"The facts show, that they do exist and on a large scale."

this is a damn lie. if they did exists on a large scale most black Americans would be employed by their own. I'm not saying we can't get there, but we are far from there right now.

that is why we need reform & a fresh batch of new talented tenth black Americans who put our agenda first.
  • major pain
    edited July 2010
    Options
    dawg, the average black person cannot seek employment from their own people man. unless it is through barbershops, salons and the church. you searched for POCKETS throughout the U.S. that doesn't even affect the average black persons life. so on that level of tangible results in regards to a movement? (which this thread is about) no, it doesn't exist.

I dont think ANY black person that is looking for work at a company is turning down jobs because the owner of the company isnt black. Same goes for any other race.

The "movement" is there and has been there for a very long time, you just dont like its direction or progression apparently. I dont know what you expect to happen, but there is no magic button to press and automatically all black businesses collaborate. However, there is a black chamber of commerce in just about every major city in America, but I guess thats just a "pocket" to you?
  • major pain
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Major Pain-"The facts show, that they do exist and on a large scale."

this is a damn lie. if they did exists on a large scale most black Americans would be employed by their own. I'm not saying we can't get there, but we are far from there right now.

that is why we need reform & a fresh batch of new talented tenth black Americans who put our agenda first.

Do you have a background in business? Could you show me in any forum, that successful businesses operate by predominately employing their own race?
  • musicology1985
    edited July 2010
    Options
    DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND, THAT ONE MAN'S ACTIONS, DO NOT SPEAK FOR THE ENTIRE GROUP? Robert Johnson isnt Kappa Alpha Psi's representative to the nation. He doesnt go to work as Kappa Alpha Psi dictator and owner of CEO second. I'm willing to bet the ? aint even FINANCIAL with them.

Since Obama is president now, should all the mistakes he has made be on the shoulders of all black people? Tell me how that would be any different from what you are saying here?

stop frontin.' the black greeks are the most economically mobile and political group in black America, followed by the black Freemasons. so yes, what you guys do reflects on all of us because U ARE THE MAJORITY OF OUR LEADERSHIP. and a sorry one at that. that's why he named it BLACK ent. not American Ent. and Obama is the president of the U.S. not the black states of America. on the first page I clearly showed the difference between Obama & black leadership.
  • major pain
    edited July 2010
    Options
    stop frontin.' the black greeks are the most economically mobile and political group in black America, followed by the black Freemasons. so yes, what you guys do reflects on all of us because U ARE THE MAJORITY OF OUR LEADERSHIP. and a sorry one at that. that's why he named it BLACK ent. not American Ent. and Obama is the president of the U.S. not the black states of America. on the first page I clearly showed the difference between Obama & black leadership.

Care to elaborate on that, with some evidence of such? FYI, any black greek fraternity's website will list its notable members. Especially ones in politics or heads of companies, etc. The list isnt very long compared to the overall list of black leaders.

So, Robert Johnson naming BET is somehow related to the rest of black greeks? As such, his actions now are a reflection of the rest of us? So, what happens when a non black greek person makes a huge impact on society? Who does that reflect upon? Lets say.. Oprah?
  • musicology1985
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I dont think ANY black person that is looking for work at a company is turning down jobs because the owner of the company isnt black. Same goes for any other race.

I never implied that they do.

The "movement" is there and has been there for a very long time, you just dont like its direction or progression apparently. I dont know what you expect to happen, but there is no magic button to press and automatically all black businesses collaborate. However, there is a black chamber of commerce in just about every major city in America, but I guess thats just a "pocket" to you?

I don't like the direction? I am simply stating an alternative to the direction. the thread starter wasn't even aware that there was a movement, thats why he started this thread. I reminded him in the beginning of this thread that it was. the descendants of the civil rights movement are usually so quiet that people have to ask sometimes.

and those chambers of commerce don't have a lot of power because if they did, black banks & credit unions would be just as numerous as churches & liquor stores. they are, however, good for networking.
  • musicology1985
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So, what happens when a non black greek person makes a huge impact on society? Who does that reflect upon? Lets say.. Oprah?

black Greeks, also known as Boules, are at the epicenter of black power in this country along with other groups I mentioned. I named all the groups responsible for major levels of leadership in black America. the black Democrats were named & Oprah is one of them.
  • musicology1985
    edited July 2010
    Options
    and I do have a background in business. but I also have a background in politics and community activism, so I can see all sides. I am just offering a different point of view than what u intergrationists have presented in the last 40 years. remember, it was the black Greeks who opposed Marcus Garvey & Malcolm x. u guys have a history of being uncle toms & tools for powers greater than yourselves.
  • major pain
    edited July 2010
    Options
    black Greeks, also known as Boules, are at the epicenter of black power in this country along with other groups I mentioned. I named all the groups responsible for major levels of leadership in black America. the black Democrats were named & Oprah is one of them.

Ok, you keep saying it, but can you provide evidence that supports what you are saying. The gap of black greeks that are "leaders" and black leaders in this nation is much larger than you are implying. The proof is on the lists of notable members.
    and I do have a background in business. but I also have a background in politics and community activism, so I can see all sides. I am just offering a different point of view than what u intergrationists have presented in the last 40 years. remember, it was the black Greeks who opposed Marcus Garvey & Malcolm x. u guys have a history of being uncle toms & tools for powers greater than yourselves.

Really? So, you think it is WISE to try and only employ a particular race. 1. Thats called discrimination and is a quick way to get your business shut down, but you should know that, RIGHT?

You keep talking about black greeks as if we are all on some common wavelength. Again, the actions of a FEW do NOT represent the WHOLE. You really dont get that do you? MANY people opposed Garvey and Malcom X, because their ideas were not perfect in the least.
  • musicology1985
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i'm kicking my uncle ruckus ?

I know, I know. That's why I don't even like to get started with you. Ether be dropping gems sometimes. But you are simply the white man's ? . Nothing more, nothing less. Good riddens.
  • major pain
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I know, I know. That's why I don't even like to get started with you. Ether be dropping gems sometimes. But you are simply the white man's ? . Nothing more, nothing less. Good riddens.

LOL, because you cant provide evidence of what you are saying again? Remember that thing I said about needing better education? Its RIDDANCE smart guy.
  • musicology1985
    edited July 2010
    Options
    LOL, because you cant provide evidence of what you are saying again? Remember that thing I said about needing better education? Its RIDDANCE smart guy.

DAWG, I NEVER WANTED TO BUILD WITH U IN THE FIRST PLACE. I DON'T HAVE TO PROVIDE U WITH ANYTHING OR SPELL THE WAY U WANT. u have been begging for my attention for some strange reason. I told u from the jump to talk to somebody else & I already told U I have better people to engage. take it how you want it man but u inserted yourself into this debate & we engaged for a while. now u can run along & think what u want.
  • major pain
    edited July 2010
    Options
    DAWG, I NEVER WANTED TO BUILD WITH U IN THE FIRST PLACE. I DON'T HAVE TO PROVIDE U WITH ANYTHING OR SPELL THE WAY U WANT. u have been begging for my attention for some strange reason. I told u from the jump to talk to somebody else & I already told U I have better people to engage. take it how you want it man but u inserted yourself into this debate & we engaged for a while. now u can run along & think what u want.

LOL @ begging for your attention. ? PLEASE. You made a comment, I said something in regards to that comment. Thats how this started. Thats what happens on a message board. If you dont like it...OH ? WELL.. Now, if you cant hang with the convo and want to take the angry road out by all means....
  • musicology1985
    edited July 2010
    Options
    LOL @ begging for your attention. ? PLEASE. You made a comment, I said something in regards to that comment. Thats how this started. Thats what happens on a message board. If you dont like it...OH ? WELL.. Now, if you cant hang with the convo and want to take the angry road out by all means....

can't hang? whats the point in trying to see eye to eye with a stone cold sheep dipped uncle tom? that's how our people got in this predicament. you cosign radical individualism, opposition to Garvey and Malcolm, u ignore our social issues and u are always pro establishment. Colin Powell speaks up more for our people than u do. some of the most successful businesspeople that I have ever worked with have advised me to make sure job creation for our people takes place. we have to stop neglecting our own. or at least a segment has to. I feel great about being a part of that segment & there is no way we should adopt your philosophy. job training & placement for blacks is a must. ? what u think. u claim that the black Greeks are so diverse in opinion but u speak highly of all the ? & misleading that your frat members do (minus former mayor Kilpatrick of course, who you haven't taken a position for or against.)
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    well if the movement has already started then i think we broke down and we are waiting in the hot sun on the side of the road. because i see ni99as standing still and the vultures in a holding pattern. now if we want to get somewhere we have to start walking and not wait for someone to come pick us up. why wait for something that may never come? you dont need a leader to say your hot and lets get the ? outta here.

see the way i see it is all other races have infighting and their own racial prejudtices within themselves, but when the time comes they unite like voltron. black people have the infighting, yet when the time comes we seperate even more.

i am sure that a sniper with enough ammo could ? hundreds of blacks before someone says hey lets work together to get this dude