I finally got to see Strasburg play tonight and.......

Options
ya boi g
ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
He aight but I dont see what all the hype is about. I said I was gonna wait til he pitched against a decent team before I watched him play. His best pitch is his fastball and he throw a lot of junk pitches. The only thing he can throw for a stirke is his fastball, and all his other pitches dont even cross the plate. His breaking ball is decent but he only got it over the plate about four times tonight. Ever time he got in trouble he threw his fastball and the Braves knew it. The Braves didnt score til the 6 or 7th but they hit him all night. And the Nat's are protecting him cause as soon as he got into trouble they called the bull pin, didnt even see if he could pitch himself out of the inning.

I guess he is getting the hype because he was a first round pick. He really aint doing nothing special. Reminds me of Kerry Wood back in 98 when he had all the hype.

Comments

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This ? Said all he has is a Fastball...ROFL.........and that all his other Pitches are Junk....? Please....

And the Nats have him on a Innings Limit, it has Nothing to do with "working out of it" they announced while he was in Minor leagues that he is on a pitch and innings limit...

Smh at you saying he only has One pitch...? outta here.

Breaking ? aren't meant to Be Throw right over the plate, they're meant to start off in the zone to look like a strike so the batter can commit early.

This is what happens when u get people who dont know ? about baseball they just say the dumbest ? .
  • ya boi g
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This ? Said all he has is a Fastball...ROFL.........and that all his other Pitches are Junk....? Please....

And the Nats have him on a Innings Limit, it has Nothing to do with "working out of it" they announced while he was in Minor leagues that he is on a pitch and innings limit...

Smh at you saying he only has One pitch...? outta here.

I didnt say he only have one pitch. I said his best pitch is his fastball, and its the only thing he can throw for a strike. He throws it everytime he gets in trouble. And you call them junk pitches because he cant throw them for strikes. He cant even hit the corners..... Am I lieing? I just sat here and watch dude pitch bruh. I dont know what you see but I know what I saw.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I dont think he's worth all the hype, they treatin him likes he a modern day Cy Young only better. But he's far from only a fastball pitcher. He's young and really just getting his feet wet, of course when he starts getting into trouble they will relieve him. It only takes one bad game to make a player so nervous the rest of his career is ? . And dude is far too talented to let that happen to him.
  • ya boi g
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I dont think he's worth all the hype, they treatin him likes he a modern day Cy Young only better. But he's far from only a fastball pitcher. He's young and really just getting his feet wet, of course when he starts getting into trouble they will relieve him. It only takes one bad game to make a player so nervous the rest of his career is ? . And dude is far too talented to let that happen to him.

Ok, I can feel what you are saying. But his best pitch is his fastball and thats what they was so hyped about when they brought him up. They talked about his other pitches but they was hyped about his fastball. And I see why, its good but he has a long way to go. I thought I was gonna see some amazing ? the way ? in the Cheap Seats was talking about him.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited June 2010
    Options
    SMH ......One game and now the ? is Trash...

Only in the Cheap seats

? throws 98-99 mph at the age of 21 with a Sick ass Curve Ball ...a above average change up

Who has ever been this Advance at the Age of 21 years old???...............

No he's not some Cy Young pitcher yet, but he def. has all the pitches to eventually do so.............
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited June 2010
    Options

So his Slider, Curveball, Changeup Are Junk????....Yea right, u aint watchin no baseball bruh....like i said go find me a 21 year old this advanced....
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options

Only in the Cheap seats

? throws 98-99 mph at the age of 21 with a Sick ass Curve Ball ...a above average change up

No he's not some Cy Young pitcher yet, but he def. has all the pitches to eventually do so.............

Damn, you think he gone do Cy Young numbers? I mean he's good but I dont even think he's gonna do Rocket numbers or Randy Johnson numbers because at his pitching speed his shoulder will die quickly.
  • ya boi g
    edited June 2010
    Options

Only in the Cheap seats

Calm down Bruh cause you reading what you wanna read. I didnt say he was trash, I said he was aight. And ? its the majors, anyone can hit a 99 mph fastball when they know you throw it when you get in trouble. The Braves jumped on that ? all night. He has other pitches but he doesnt throw them as well as people will have you believe he does. If his fastball is gonna be effective he better learn to throw his other pitches for strikes.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Damn, you think he gone do Cy Young numbers? I mean he's good but I dont even think he's gonna do Rocket numbers or Randy Johnson numbers because at his pitching speed his shoulder will die quickly.

Do Cy Young EVENTUALLY not this year hell nah, hitters can adjust, the game aint that easy ....and i dont mean the Pitcher "Cy Young" I Mean eventually win the Award.
  • ya boi g
    edited June 2010
    Options

So his Slider, Curveball, Changeup Are Junk????....Yea right, u aint watchin no baseball bruh....like i said go find me a 21 year old this advanced....

Bruh I dont think you watch Baseball like that. You see a ? throw a slider for a strike out and think he Cy Young. I watch baseball all the time and played the ? from the time I was 5 til I was 22. I know Baseball and I know pitchers cause I pitched til I hit 11th grade. ? using highlights to make your point. Even in that video he wasnt throwing strikes. Them ? was just chasing his pitches..... And its the Indians......
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    Calm down Bruh cause you reading what you wanna read. I didnt say he was trash, I said he was aight. And ? its the majors, anyone can hit a 99 mph fastball when they know you throw it when you get in trouble. The Braves jumped on that ? all night. He has other pitches but he doesnt throw them as well as people will have you believe he does. If his fastball is gonna be effective he better learn to throw his other pitches for strikes.

Do you know how baseball works??....im asking because every pitcher gets hit, not every single start are they at best...Thats like expecting a hitter to go 4-4 every single game....

Roy Halladay Lost 3 straight games this year, im guessing he's just "Aight" cuz at the time he was missing spots and was giving up hits......

theres a reason for why he is as highly touted as he is......the dude was the only College player on Team USA last time.....

im sure if he was just "aight" then he wouldnt be picked number 1 overall, be called the best pitching prospect, be on Team USA with nothing but major leaguers while he was in college....maybe a average outing has u thinking otherwise, but for age 21 this dude is the truth.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Bruh I dont think you watch Baseball like that. You see a ? throw a slider for a strike out and think he Cy Young. I watch baseball all the time and played the ? from the time I was 5 til I was 22. I know Baseball and I know pitchers cause I pitched til I hit 11th grade. ? using highlights to make your point. Even in that video he wasnt throwing strikes. Them ? was just chasing his pitches.

YOU GOOD SIR ARE A ? IDIOT....U think the ? is just gonna throw it right down the middle?? THATS THE WHOLE ? POINT IS TO GET THE HITTER TO CHASE AND BE OFF BALANCE, WATCH MORE BASEBALL IT WILL HELP YOU I PROMISE.

? ? i swear....nobody said he was the GOAT cuz of some strikeouts, im just saying look at the pitches and the bite on them and how they start in the zone and get out, thats the point...? ? think someone gonna throw every pitch down the ? middle....?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Do Cy Young EVENTUALLY not this year hell nah, hitters can adjust, the game aint that easy ....and i dont mean the Pitcher "Cy Young" I Mean eventually win the Award.

Lol Oh aight, yea he'll definently get a few Cy Young awards, i thought you was saying he was gonna put up CY Young's numbers for his career I had the Shaq face on for a minute.
  • ya boi g
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Do you know how baseball works??....im asking because every pitcher gets hit, not every single start are they at best...Thats like expecting a hitter to go 4-4 every single game....

Roy Halladay Lost 3 straight games this year, im guessing he's just "Aight" cuz at the time he was missing spots and was giving up hits......

theres a reason for why he is as highly touted as he is......the dude was the only College player on Team USA last time.....

im sure if he was just "aight" then he wouldnt be picked number 1 overall, be called the best pitching prospect, be on Team USA with nothing but major leaguers while he was in college....maybe a average outing has u thinking otherwise, but for age 21 this dude is the truth.

My point was I dont see what the hype is about. And his outing wasnt that bad even though he was charged with 4 runs. I said when he hit the majors I would wait til he played a decent team before I gave my thoughts on this ? . And he did pretty good against the Braves but I didnt see anything special. I wouldnt even say he is the truth but I would say he might be pretty good a few years from now. Everyone thought K. Woods was the truth because of his fastball. He played well for a few years then that ? arm wouldnt hold up. He never turned into the pitcher every was saying he was gonna be.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lol Oh aight, yea he'll definently get a few Cy Young awards, i thought you was saying he was gonna put up CY Young's numbers for his career I had the Shaq face on for a minute.

Nah hell nah, hitters are way to advance for all that......i dont see him winning Cy Youngs on the Nats tho'....just dont ever think he'll be a 20 + game winner with that weak ass squad...but once he leaves and if he stays healthy then yea i dont see why he cant win a few somewhere else.
  • ya boi g
    edited June 2010
    Options
    YOU GOOD SIR ARE A ? IDIOT....U think the ? is just gonna throw it right down the middle?? THATS THE WHOLE ? POINT IS TO GET THE HITTER TO CHASE AND BE OFF BALANCE, WATCH MORE BASEBALL IT WILL HELP YOU I PROMISE.

? ? i swear....nobody said he was the GOAT cuz of some strikeouts, im just saying look at the pitches and the bite on them and how they start in the zone and get out, thats the point...? ? think someone gonna throw every pitch down the ? middle....?

So im dumb for saying he cant throw his other pitches for strikes? Do you know what hittin the corners is? Of course he not gonna throw it down the middle ? . You dont have to throw pitches down the middle to throw strikes, you do know that right?
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    having a little run support always helps though..and the infield let him down late, but dude is still a rookie, ? like that is gonna happen to him
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited June 2010
    Options
    So im dumb for saying he cant throw his other pitches for strikes? Do you know what hittin the corners is? Of course he not gonna throw it down the middle ? . You dont have to throw pitches down the middle to throw strikes, you do know that right?

Bruh just give up, Not everyone was meant to be Smart, Some ? just comprehend ? a lot slower than others, they have special classes for people like you and shorter buses also.....and yes they also come in Yellow
  • ya boi g
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Bruh just give up, Not everyone was meant to be Smart, Some ? just comprehend ? a lot slower than others, they have special classes for people like you and shorter buses also.....and yes they also come in Yellow

Bruh you havent really made a point....... He didnt throw strikes like that tonight. All I kept hearing about was all these pitches he had, and then when I watched him he couldnt get anything over the plate. Did you watch the game? So how can you say I dont know what im talking about?............ I can tell you dont really know what you talking about cause you getting angry. You not even really puttin up an argument all you doin is showing anger for your knack of knowledge about baseball and being a pitcher. Me and my Boi sittin here laughing at ya post cause you really dont seem like you ever played baseball or know what you are talking about. But you can have is cuzz, im wasting my time debating with you.
  • ya boi g
    edited June 2010
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    having a little run support always helps though..and the infield let him down late, but dude is still a rookie, ? like that is gonna happen to him

His infield let him down on the last two runs scored so im surprised he was charged with 4 instead of 2 or 3. Thought two of those runners was on base because of errors. But they was talking about that SS early in the game saying he had like 16 errors this year.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Bruh you havent really made a point....... He didnt throw strikes like that tonight. All I kept hearing about was all these pitches he had, and then when I watched him he couldnt get anything over the plate. Did you watch the game? So how can you say I dont know what im talking about?............ I can tell you dont really know what you talking about cause you getting angry. You not even really puttin up an argument all you doin is showing anger for your knack of knowledge about baseball and being a pitcher. Me and my Boi sittin here laughing at ya post cause you really dont seem like you ever played baseball or know what you are talking about. But you can have is cuzz, im wasting my time debating with you.

Okay You're Saying he Cant Throw his Other pitches For Strikes and all he throws for a strike is a Fastball so Lets Take a look at this

His sophmore year in College he Only Walked a Total of 16 Batters

His Senior Year in 15 starts in College he Only Walked a Total of 19 Batters

in 4 Starts In Double - A he Walked only a Total Of 6 batters Combined

in 5 Starts in Triple-A he Walked Only a Total of 7 Batters Combined

1st Start at Pitt : Walked ZERO batters,

his 2nd start at the Indians: he Walked 5 and that was due to the Mound being ? ? and he had them fix it 3 times

his 3rd Start at The White Sox : Walked ZERO batters

His 4th Start At Royals : Walked ZERO Batters

His 5th Start at Braves : Walked just TWO batters

So if he cant command his Other pitches like u so "Claim" wouldnt his walk total be High as ? ??.....You Saying he cant throw Other pitches for strikes but yet this ? is hardly ever walking anyone...The Two dont add up man..Go watch Baseball....and take your Ether like a Man.
  • ya boi g
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Okay You're Saying he Cant Throw his Other pitches For Strikes and all he throws for a strike is a Fastball so Lets Take a look at this

His sophmore year in College he Only Walked a Total of 16 Batters

His Senior Year in 15 starts in College he Only Walked a Total of 19 Batters

in 4 Starts In Double - A he Walked only a Total Of 6 batters Combined

in 5 Starts in Triple-A he Walked Only a Total of 7 Batters Combined

1st Start at Pitt : Walked ZERO batters,

his 2nd start at the Indians: he Walked 5 and that was due to the Mound being ? ? and he had them fix it 3 times

his 3rd Start at The White Sox : Walked ZERO batters

His 4th Start At Royals : Walked ZERO Batters

His 5th Start at Braves : Walked just TWO batters

So if he cant command his Other pitches like so "Claim" wouldnt his walk total be High as ? ??.....You Saying he cant throw Other pitches for strikes but yet this ? is hardly ever walking anyone...The Two dont add up man..Go watch Baseball.

Cuzz we talking bout pro ball. Half the dudes in college never see the Majors. The only thing other than his fastball I saw him get over the plate was his breaking ball, which is probably his second best pitch. He got it over the plate for a strike about 3 or 4 times tonight. You went on a rant over what I said but all I was saying was I dont see what the hype is about. He had a good outing but they hit him all night. He threw a lot of ? . I said in another thread I wouldnt watch him til he played a decent team. He pitched against one of the worst offensive teams in the league in the pirates and two other bad teams in the Royals and Cleveland. When he faced a decent team tonight they didnt fall for all those off the plate pitches he was throwing. They didnt even fall for his high fastball...... You acting like I said the ? was garbage or that he wouldnt get better. After his first start ? was in here ravin bout how good he was, when it was probably the only baseball game they watched all year. So I waited til he played a good team and gave my thoughts.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    so millz has nash, i have j wall and kop got strasberg? word lol
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i Never Said All hitters are alike at each level, everyone here knows that basic ass ? l....But if You Dont have Command of 3 other pitchers it dont matter who the ? is in the box you would still be walking hella people...

I Stated Facts, My piece has been said....no need for me to continue with this ? .
  • ya boi g
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    so millz has nash, i have j wall and kop got strasberg? word lol

Yall ? ridin for ya boyz aint ya........
    i Never Said All hitters are alike at each level, everyone here knows that basic ass ? l....But if You Dont have Command of 3 other pitchers it dont matter who the ? is in the box you would still be walking hella people...

I Stated Facts, My piece has been said....no need for me to continue with this ? .

Whats facts homie? And you really havent said anything all you did was ged mad................... A ? ? Ill be that, but we both know who knows more about baseball. You not bothering me mane. I just like to debate. Get ya blood pressure back down. I dont mind debating if you know what you talking about.