Soul Calibur V son, Get in!

Options
Alkindus
Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in IllGaming
Whattup comrades

This is the official Soul Calibur 5 thread (so all 3 of us can babble about it here lol)

anyway I'm addicted to this ? , find it to be the best fighting game to date

pros

superb online, yes there are some network/connection problems but I've experienced zero lag so far
- improved combat system, fast side stepping, ? fans are saying its as good as SC II
- CaS, aka creat a character modus, I don't even ? with the og cast lol

da bad

lacking 'single player' content compared to the previous parts and mortal kombat, there are 6 unlockable characters, 3 of them are mimic chars and 2 are just improved versions of other dudes...no arcade endings etc. I play for offline/online multiplayer though, so I don't care about it lacking single player content, but de mimic character ? is whack....plus no more Zasalamel and Rock lol...basterds...

anyway, I finished legendary souls mode in 14, 33 something....want to get at me online? PSN= Alkindus

Comments

• Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want this ? so ? bad....I gotta get my ps3 fixed/replaced 1st though
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The game is fun as hell online. My PSN is Celestial_Soulja. I mostly play with Yoshi, but I dabble with A Pat, Sigfried, and Pyrrha O too.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not buying because they cut Talim
  • Alkindus
    Options
    Talim is called Natsu now lol

I play with the styles of Mitsurugi, Aeon, Devil Jin, Rapheal and Cervantes most of the time, made some sick azz CaS characters lol
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I been destroyin' ? with Voldo since '97...Then when Yoshi got involved I became near invincible...
  • Alkindus
    Options
    lmao already played over 300 matches online, here are some things I've noticed

- Not Tokyo, not Osaka and I shouldn't even mention L.A. and New York but here you go lol, Paris, thats the lobby where the best fighters are at by far(generally speaking). The African/South American and Middle Eastern lobbies are never occupied lol. If you like competing with the best, check out Paris.

- Rage quits are eminant, many people can't stand defeat and leave when they are about to lose lol, they either leave the lobby all together and/or send you hate mail lmao, 9 times out of 10 these players suck, don't realize it's a 3d fighting game and that they need to press X to block lol

- Never trust people with 90%+ win average (when they already played dozens, maybe a 100 matches and counting),cause most of the time they are slightly above average players that quit the match when they are about to lose...than you realize how they got the high win average lol.

- Network issues tout le monde lol, this game sometimes (severly) suffers from network issues and connexion problems, I haven't had any lag problems during matches (cause the matches simply stop when lag shows up), this problem is worldwide and is the fault of namco. I have a hq straight up pimpin internet connexxion(one of the most expensive here in Holland 2 damnit), needless to say that with all the other games I've played online (from Dark souls to Call of Duty), everything runs smooth. Yet with SC online you will find cats telling u they won't fight u due to 3/4 sometimes 0 bars connexxion, not realizing that a; the SC network is ? at times and b they're own connexxion might be to blame here lol, I've only had cats not fighting me in the States though, never happened in the European and Japanese lobbies, so I guess namco needs to work on makin the EU/US players more compatible.

- in the Japanese lobbies, you will fight some of the coolest characters ever made, but also the gayest characters ever made lol

You will rarely fight against Aeon, Yoshimitsu, a Pat and Algol online.....Siegfried/Nightmare,Pyyrha,Natsu, Mitsurugi, ? and Xiba are the most populair cats online

• intalect
    intalect Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    Options
    i bought this game at launch and i need to get into still missing like 2 characters smh at me
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got rusty as hell.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH at paying $60 for this ? . If you played the last soul calibur, you've already played this one. They could've dished this ? out as $20 DLC.
  • Alkindus
    Options
    kzzl wrote:
    SMH at paying $60 for this ? . If you played the last soul calibur, you've already played this one. They could've dished this ? out as $20 DLC.

actually, there are some essential differences with the last SC gameplay wise, for example we now have a meter that triggers CE moves(kinda like SF SS/Ultras n MK's X-ray moves) faster side stepping(faster pace overall 2), characters lost some moves and gained some..

It;s mos def not just a graphical update with a fresh soundtrack/new arenas, the online mode is also way better(one of the best for fighting games ever , not perfect though) than part 4.

• vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I always liked the gameplay in SC but my biggest gripe was that there was nothing like 'mission mode' in Marvel. In Marvel the mission mode teaches you links, combos, cancels and stuff in addition to things like x factor and hypers, it's a really good learning tool. But Soul Calibur never had anything like that, no combo tutorials or anything. Has that changed in this game? Does it actually teach you anything?
  • Alkindus
    Options
    I always liked the gameplay in SC but my biggest gripe was that there was nothing like 'mission mode' in Marvel. In Marvel the mission mode teaches you links, combos, cancels and stuff in addition to things like x factor and hypers, it's a really good learning tool. But Soul Calibur never had anything like that, no combo tutorials or anything. Has that changed in this game? Does it actually teach you anything?

Afraid not, there is a decent training mode, but no tutorials or anything like that, you're on your own in training mode lol.

• PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    i cant guard impact to save my life
    and Mitsurugi doesnt fight the same
    he used to be my fav
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    kzzl wrote:

This makes no sense. SCV has it's problems, but the gameplay is a pretty big departure from SCIV. From character movesets to play mechanics, the game has been overhauled.
    PK_TK_187 wrote:
    i cant guard impact to save my life
    and Mitsurugi doesnt fight the same
    he used to be my fav

You know guard impact is different in this game right. It's b+A+B+K, and it uses meter.
  • Alkindus
    Options
    lol you know whats ? up? Haven't played this game for a week or something, I'm waiting for SF x Tekken but I already know this game ? on SFxTekken gameplay wise(3D mannnnn, side steppin ftw)

this is the best fighter this gen imo
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    any1 trynna play? i just got it a few days ago. my psn is mdizzle18700
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought the ? and it is hot trash wack as ? only additional fighting style is devil Jin in create a charactor and no endings for anyone but the main peeps in the game unlockable fighters are trash and ? is limited as ? ... Soul Calibur4>>>>Soul Calibur 5...
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    Talim is called Natsu now lol

I play with the styles of Mitsurugi, Aeon, Devil Jin, Rapheal and Cervantes most of the time, made some sick azz CaS characters lol

wrong not even close to the same fighting style...