Ubisoft Confirms Assassin's Creed III

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in IllGaming
Coming in October.

During an earnings call today, Ubisoft revealed that Assassin's Creed III will be released in October.

According to CEO Yves Guillemot, the game will hit stores on October 30th. Guillemot revealed that the game has been in development for three years and that "what we have seen is just fabulous."

Previously, Ubisoft teased that a major Assassin's Creed title would come this year, but this is the first outright confirmation that it's AC III. The game is said to complete the story of Desmond.

While no platforms have been announced, recent Assassin's Creed games have hit Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. The game is likely headed to Wii U as well, since an Assassin's Creed game was announced for Nintendo's new system during E3.

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never played these after the first one. apparently they are dope.
  • Valkyria
    Valkyria Members Posts: 120
    Options
    I guess I need to finish Revelations then. I love these games but I slacked off on Revelations. Got it release day and haven't beaten it yet.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah the first one wasn't all that but part 2 was ? .....haven't played brotherhood but copped revelations, which I still haven't played lol....anyway they lost me with the story, ? became to far fetched and after the brilliance that was part 2 they imo rushed out brotherhood and revelations(cant hate on ubi for gettin money though)

anyway part III was build on an entirely new engine, they have been developing the game since part 2(an other team were working on brotherhood and revelations all this time), so I'm expecting big things from part 3 from setting to gameplay ? all a mystery lol

Ubi always claimed it will be released before 21 12 2012, the end of the mayan calender, in correlation with the AC conspiracy/end of the world story line
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You need to play Brotherhood before Revelations though - just to fit everything in
  • stlrell
    stlrell Members Posts: 2
    Options
    I've played them all, and i still think 2 was the best one. Revelations could have been great, but the game just felt rushed. Brotherhood was fine though, i still ain't feeling the multiplayer, but that's just me.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked AC1 just for the story....it really picks up @ the end even though the gameplay was repetitive.....AC2 was piff.....wasnt really feeling brotherhood....revelations was pretty good...