Deron Williams Sought Payback when he came to MSG

Options
Jdilla26
Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Jeremy Lin scored 21 points, handed out nine assists and grabbed seven rebounds in a 99-92 win over Deron Williams and the Nets earlier this month.

“It started on me,” Deron Williams said of that Feb. 4 loss to Lin and the Knicks.

Williams responded with 38 points against the Knicks on Monday night, including 18 points in the first half, all on 3-pointers and free throws.

“We definitely had this one circled,” Williams said. “I think our whole team did. I know I personally did, because this was stuck in my mind. This all started on me.”

He added: “I don’t really watch sports. I don’t really watch too many games, but I do see Twitter. People tweeting me, and every three lines was Jeremy Lin destroyed Deron Williams. So I definitely took offense to that from the first game
Article by NY Times
I knew once Dwill stepped on the court it was all bizness.
x2_b125b9d

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He went in for the ?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? would of dropped 45-50 on their ? if not for foul trouble. Nets gonna be nasty next year when they get Howard!
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ we had this one circled , another reason why the NBA is wack until the playoffs
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lin got cooked
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote:
    ? would of dropped 45-50 on their ? if not for foul trouble. Nets gonna be nasty next year when they get Howard!

Word 2 or 3 of the calls were terrible too
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is excatly why i like the fact lin is getting overhyped because it gives ? a reason to go ham in what is a crowded fatiguing barely time to practice season. You know every major PG that plays lin (and in this next stretch many of them will) a little extra kick to play harder before the playoffs.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah lin aint better then real pg's like deron, it was obvious he was gonna get humbled vs real comp
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    If only Deron showed that type of passion for our other games then maybe we would be 23-10 instead of 10-23
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lin still did his thing.....and will continue to do so

Its shame it took getting embarrassed by a non drafted ivy league pg to light a fire under his ass nh
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote:
    If only Deron showed that type of passion for our other games then maybe we would be 23-10 instead of 10-23

less than likely
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    R.D. wrote:
    Jamaica wrote:

less than likely

It's frustrating watching him play this season. It's like he is going through the motions. It's like his attitude comes off as if nets fans should be honored that he is on our team. Not to mention he really doesn't wanna be there anyway.
  • hALF_pAST_7EVEN
    hALF_pAST_7EVEN Members Posts: 142 ✭✭
    Options
    Lin still did his thing.....and will continue to do so

Its shame it took getting embarrassed by a non drafted ivy league pg to light a fire under his ass nh
    i said the samething

it's just deron was shooting lights out from 3(whole nets team were) that nobody couldn't do anything about it

but atleast lin showed improvement with taking care of the ball

• eyes low
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Jamaica wrote:
    R.D. wrote:
    Jamaica wrote:

less than likely

It's frustrating watching him play this season. It's like he is going through the motions. It's like his attitude comes off as if nets fans should be honored that he is on our team. Not to mention he really doesn't wanna be there anyway.

tell me about it, i really only watch nets games for marshon brooks. it gets me ? off sometimes the way williams plays, i think it will change now that lopez is back i think we got a decent starting 5 with d will, marshon, stevenson, ? and lopez. okur should be back after all star break with him morrow and farmar coming off the bench its not too bad. im gonna hold on to some false playoff hope
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote:
    Jamaica wrote:
    R.D. wrote:
    Jamaica wrote:

less than likely

tell me about it, i really only watch nets games for marshon brooks. it gets me ? off sometimes the way williams plays, i think it will change now that lopez is back i think we got a decent starting 5 with d will, marshon, stevenson, ? and lopez. okur should be back after all star break with him morrow and farmar coming off the bench its not too bad. im gonna hold on to some false playoff hope

Long as you know......
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    eyes low wrote:
    Jamaica wrote:
    R.D. wrote:
    Jamaica wrote:

less than likely

This team shouldn't make the playoffs. The nets can use another good player from the lottery. I hear the draft will be deep this year.
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    Options
    nice to see him fired up but he's goin go back to playin like he's in the matrix after that game. but lin still played well though, i believe they wouldve won if melo didnt stink up the place.
  • eyes low
    Options
    Jamaica wrote:
    eyes low wrote:
    Jamaica wrote:
    R.D. wrote:
    Jamaica wrote:

less than likely

This team shouldn't make the playoffs. The nets can use another good player from the lottery. I hear the draft will be deep this year.

kidd gilchrist would fit great especially if the magic are dumb enough to not trade dwight. Then the nets can sign him in the offseason and keep lopez and marshon brooks