He said racist ? , he got called racist. Sounds about right
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nothing Floyd said would lead me to believe he's a racist
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm black so I get what people are sayin. But forreal, we gotta be less sensitive about racism, or say less racist ? . Floyd says he's gonna make Manny make him some sushi and rice. If Manny said he was gonna make Floyd make him fried chicken and watermelon, people would say he's bein racist.

If someone says the same thing back to you and you find it offensive, you need to not say that ? in the first place. Or grow thicker skin.
  • R.D.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    its a difference between stereotyping and being racist
  • angrymaninc
    angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote:
    its a difference between stereotyping and being racist
    i gotta say i agree with floyd and i don't see what's racist bout what he said... but it's also true we would have a fit if manny would say that ish bout chicken and watermelon so ion
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, everything ain't racist. People have become so dependent on the media to think for them, that its hypersensitivity has everyone riled up at the FIRST sign of political incorrectness.

Why do you think writers like Jamele Hill or that fat ? Jason Whitlock can base 90% of their article they write on race in some form and still be looked at as a credible journalist? Because people have gotten to the point where they need their ego coddled about the black race still striving to be accepted in this country.

I'm not saying racisim is gone in America. Far from it. But, it's fear tactics like this that has made people really stupid and quick to belive that if your on some koom-bye-yah ? , you MUST be racist.

The guy I feel bad for is the dude that got fired at ESPN for his "? In the Armor" headline. I could see where he was going with that, illustrating how the Knicks FINALLY lost a game since Lin became a starter, but people blew that WAAAAAY out of proportion, pegged dude a racist, and ESPN canned him.

Damn shame. Dana White should be smacked for this ? . Floyd's not a racist. Cocky, arrogant, a little dumb, yeah. But not racist.
  • R.D.
    Options
    I found the "? in the armor" thing hilarious
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont think the lin comment was racist but the pac comment about sushi was definitely racist
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the thing is i don't think Floyd even believes what he says he's just promoting himself
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I'm black so I get what people are sayin. But forreal, we gotta be less sensitive about racism, or say less racist ? . Floyd says he's gonna make Manny make him some sushi and rice. If Manny said he was gonna make Floyd make him fried chicken and watermelon, people would say he's bein racist.

If someone says the same thing back to you and you find it offensive, you need to not say that ? in the first place. Or grow thicker skin.

this is exactly what Stephen A Smith said and I agree
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    eyes low wrote:
    i dont think the lin comment was racist but the pac comment about sushi was definitely racist

there was nothing racist about the lin thing... the sushi comment was just a boxer promoting himself like they all do granted it was mad ignorant but i don't think it was racist though
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think people tend to confuse ? with racism....

? say ? to get a reaction, and say ? to ? people off...and in general jsut say random offensive ? without even considering for a second how people may take it.....

racist really don't like people of other races and have a strong deep seeded hate in their comments regarding them...

what floyd said was some ? ? ...he's an ? .....i don't think this is news to anyone...

but the ironic thing is that a lotta closet racist are surfacing in response to his ? comments....
  • R.D.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    eyes low wrote:

no it was a stereotype !

Sushi is a Asian meal and apparently some asians do eat dogs and cats
  • Ickshonpay
    Ickshonpay Members Posts: 262
    edited February 2012
    Options
    What Floyd said wasn't racist, but if Pac said something to the equiv, blacks would be all over him talking about how his racist.

So of course Floyd is going to be called racist.

"nappy headed hoes."

^ When blacks jump at things like that, and label it racist, it makes it hard to defend Floyd.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea a lotta times people just be saying some ? ? regarding blacks....and people jump the gun callign them racist....

now when anne coulter say ? like "that's why our blacks are so much better than their blacks"..lmao... that's soem racist ? ....

but little bad taste jokes, and inconsiderate comments..i don'tconsider that some racist ? ..i just look at it like these ? is some serious ? ..
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    dusouljah wrote:
    yea a lotta times people just be saying some ? ? regarding blacks....and people jump the gun callign them racist....

now when anne coulter say ? like "that's why our blacks are so much better than their blacks"..lmao... that's soem racist ? ....

but little bad taste jokes, and inconsiderate comments..i don'tconsider that some racist ? ..i just look at it like these ? is some serious ? ..

EXACTLY... see it's like that Don Imus comment... that was nothing to get all worked up about we as black ppl have some ? up double standards... That Michael Richards ish was crazy though
  • R.D.
    Options
    dusouljah wrote:

EXACTLY... see it's like that Don Imus comment... that was nothing to get all worked up about we as black ppl have some ? up double standards... That Michael Richards ish was crazy though

disagree, Don imus deserved to be called out for that ?

When he was told that he was wrong, his response was "well the rappers are saying it too"
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote:
    eyes low wrote:

no it was a stereotype !

lol it was a joke, sushi is Japanese , Pacman is Filipino
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    R.D. wrote:
    dusouljah wrote:

When he was told that he was wrong, his response was "well the rappers are saying it too"

But that's exactly it though... although it was mad ignorant for him to say, everybody jumped up and called racism... that wasn't racist we have to stop with the ? double standards real talk
  • R.D.
    Options
    R.D. wrote:
    eyes low wrote:

no it was a stereotype !

? its all Asia
    R.D. wrote:
    dusouljah wrote:

But that's exactly it though... although it was mad ignorant for him to say, everybody jumped up and called racism... that wasn't racist we have to stop with the ? double standards real talk

true...calling someone ignorant don't really get a lot of attention though
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    R.D. wrote:
    R.D. wrote:
    eyes low wrote:

no it was a stereotype !

? its all Asia
    R.D. wrote:
    dusouljah wrote:

true...calling someone ignorant don't really get a lot of attention though

lol that's true... but still i don't think that was nearly as bad as everyone made it out to be
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What Floyd said about Lin isn't fully wrong. There's truth to it, part of Lin's appeal is that he's asian and went to Havard.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stereotypes are racist. If Manny said Floyd wants a bigger cut of the fight from the money so he can buy extra chains, weed, and 40's he'd be racist. That's not racist because he's just sayin stereotypes? Gettin mad at Imus and laughin at this is hypocritical
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd is dumb though he shouldn't have said that everyone on ESPN says he was a ? for speaking up for black players for some unknown reason.