What's up with Amare?

Options
long_tong
long_tong Members Posts: 441
edited February 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Is he hurt, pouting, confused, forgot how to play?. Whats up with him. Dude is putting up some scary bad numbers.

Comments

• windycity2117
    windycity2117 Members Posts: 9,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since Melo got to New York he has not done much. I expected him to put up some good numbers last sunday with Lin. But he is not doing much.
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No hate but dude can't rebound and don't play D
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    injury and having to wear those glasses
  • irad4185
    irad4185 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Options
    I think he's gonna step up if Lin starts playing like a pure point. The Melo factor is there too.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    He's gone through alot. With his brother and all it's been a tough year for him.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he wasnt playing this ? last year with melo
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allied wrote:
    He's gone through alot. With his brother and all it's been a tough year for him.

This.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hes not playing as hard as he use to. hes going up for lay ups instead of dunks. maybe its just a mental thing
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hes still in the mourning stage he will bounce back
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He was playing like ? before his brother passed tho.... Idk maybe it's mental
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he was ballin pre melo in ny .... they made him a spot up jumpshooter now... not enough ball
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothin

He's overrated

Amare is a system player who needs a great pg to thrive,Now ball stopper melo is there amare is a 3rd option who's lost

such ya ? poppin ass up ? , the ? was 4/7 not 4/20... the guy is barley shooting the ball...
    irad4185 wrote:
    I think he's gonna step up if Lin starts playing like a pure point. The Melo factor is there too.

when it comes to point guarding u either have it or don't, if ya ass ain't come to the league playing like a pure point , u ain't gonna start playing like one any time soon.. the guy lacks the decision making in hitting his team mates with a pass, there was so many times where he missed an open teammate, or a slashing Amare, then add that he has suspect dribble skills... he's lack passing ability.. he's just a scorer..
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Options
    ImParallel wrote:
    Better question...what's up with Kobe?

Shooting worse than D12's FT% from the field

kobe is declining, his ego refuse him to accept that, but thats the truth, he forcing shots... if i'm L.A, i go young.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk whats up with Dude..Its like mentally hes not all the way there. And it has nothing to do with his brother because Amare been trash way before dude got in that accident.

Hes not getting alot of touches and he rarely gets the ball to make a play for himself or for whoever. I feel bad because dude was a monster with the knicks before Melo got there. I just feel bad that he only got to feel like the man for half a season. Dude is an afterthought now when you think about the Knicks. I now see that Amare wouldn't have been as good of a 3rd option with the heat as bosh.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Options
    Idk whats up with Dude..Its like mentally hes not all the way there. And it has nothing to do with his brother because Amare been trash way before dude got in that accident.

Hes not getting alot of touches and he rarely gets the ball to make a play for himself or for whoever. I feel bad because dude was a monster with the knicks before Melo got there. I just feel bad that he only got to feel like the man for half a season. Dude is an afterthought now when you think about the Knicks. I now see that Amare wouldn't have been as good of a 3rd option with the heat as bosh.

bosh was like that last year too... he started warming up towards towards the end... this year Bosh is beasting the number for that dude is lying...

he should of been a starter instead of melo
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Options
    i think Amare wants out of off NY, he never wanted the Melo trade to happen, don't believe all the bulls ? the media is spewing about him wanting to play with Melo, he wanted Melo to come there as a Free Agent.

He was never happy with that trade
    #2, Donnie Walsh practically got fired, not technically tho, DOnnie Walsh was the character the got the knicks outta that Isiah Thomas BS.

u may be wondering what that has to do with Amare??? well everything, Amare dosen't like where the ? the organization is heading.

• d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont know but Amare is killing me in fantasy.
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they say he gain a couple of pounds during the summer. which made him lost his explosiveness. who knows?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    samething that happened to Larry Johnson and Cris Webber. they got injured and turned into nothing but jump shooters. He just doesn't have that explosiveness anymore.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? up knee and now a ? up back
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not enough touches, and the emergence of Lin.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Options
    i think Amare wants out of off NY, he never wanted the Melo trade to happen, don't believe all the bulls ? the media is spewing about him wanting to play with Melo, he wanted Melo to come there as a Free Agent.

He was never happy with that trade
    #2, Donnie Walsh practically got fired, not technically tho, DOnnie Walsh was the character the got the knicks outta that Isiah Thomas BS.

u may be wondering what that has to do with Amare??? well everything, Amare dosen't like where the ? the organization is heading.

Word? You talked to him did he tell u this?

? outta here u ben wallace lookin herb you speculatin

Melo F'd up the whole dynamic the knicks had

Be careful what u wish for

? i live in NY u ? , amare, D'antoni, and walsh kept on singing the same tune, that they were "happy with what they had" ,
    there was a reason the trade was a last minute thing, cause the owner overrided the front offices decision and wanted to sell tickets, this is a common fact in NY
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Options

James Dolan knows a great b-ball mind, so Isiah is still calling the signals in NYC, no matter how long DStern stays mad at him/colludes him from NBA employment

that ? isiah thomas needs to be colluded from NYC period, if u see that ? shoot him on site, the reward will be an isiah thomas -less New York

i like dukes as a player , as an individual he cool, but any where near the knicks is a ? NO NO