CHARLES OAKLEY CALLING OUT NAMES, Kevin Garnett is ‘one of the weakest guys to ever play the game,’

Options
waterproof
waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Charles Oakley: Kevin Garnett is ‘one of the weakest guys to ever play the game,’ Charles Barkley is a ‘coward’

This just in: A lot of people bother Charles Oakley. The former Knicks forward was a guest on Jim Rome’s radio show Tuesday afternoon, and he covered an array of topics. By that we mean he called out several people with some extremely harsh words. Let’s start with Oakley’s thoughts on Kevin Garnett.

“Garnett left Minnesota and hollered and screamed and all that but hes not a tough guy,” Oakley said as Sports Talk Network shared with us. “He’s one of the weakest guys to ever play the game. He’s a complimentary player and went to Paul Pierce’s team and won a championship. I wouldn’t consider him a top 10 tough guy.”

Garnett is certainly a loudmouth who has done plenty of regrettable things over his NBA career, but he’s hardly a complimentary player. He couldn’t win with Minnesota because they never gave him anything to work with. He could easily be considered a top-10 NBA player in his prime. Enough of that. Onto Oakley’s next punching bag, Charles Barkley.

“Barkley, for his size, was a good player but he’s a coward,” Oakley continued. “He was a good player for his size, but he wasn’t a leader and wasn’t a role model. Now he talks so bad about younger guys. I don’t respect that from him. He’s a fraud. He can criticize all the younger kids and if he got something to say, call them and talk to them before you just blast them. He’s wants to be funny, that whole TNT thing and all that, they’re like some clowns on that show.”

Barkley does feast on younger players and say ridiculous things when criticizing younger teams, so I can’t totally disagree with Oakley on that one. He’s also not much of a role model, so you won’t get an argument there. A coward and a fraud? That seems a bit harsh.

Oakley wasn’t done there. He also said that Kendrick Perkins is similar to K.G. in that all he does is holler and complain, and that the Thunder would win championships if he would just play basketball. Oakley added that Perk’s attitude is the reason he got dunked on by Blake Griffin, and said throughout his 19-year career he only got dunked on three times. Somebody check the tape on that, please.

Comments

• ROFL..GUY
    ROFL..GUY Members Posts: 225
    Options
    kg >>>

im a laker fan
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    damn Oak. tell em how u really feel.

that KG stuff is common knowledge imo tho
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? came out with the bazooka lol
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ole head I know was just talking about how KG has turned into the grumpiest player in the league since joining the celtics ....
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thats that ether
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    can we say it was fail or success puttin together kg allen and paul ?
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    What Oak said about KG is right to a extent but at the end of the day KG, Barkley are HOFers and Oakley is NOT.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Oakley added that Perk’s attitude is the reason he got dunked on by Blake Griffin, "

roflmao?
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody who calls out KG for being the ? that he is, get's nothing but a :tu from me.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's speaking truth .... But his crazy ass is doing the same exact thing he criticized Barkley for? Lol ... I guess when your on a roll those little details don't count
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he is right about kg but wrong about chuck.... mj is the reason he has no ring
  • waterproof
    edited February 2012
    Options
    MJ IS THE REASON that a whole lot of ? aint go no ring, the reason why Bird only got 3, Pistons only got 2, the reason why Knicks got 0, the reason why Magic never got that 6th
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at mj being the reason bird "only got 3"

Last time i checked bird and magic ran the 80s while mj had to wait til the 90s to win anything

did mj and the bulls ever knock the celtics out of the playoffs?
  • waterproof
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Lol at mj being the reason bird "only got 3"

Last time i checked bird and magic ran the 80s while mj had to wait til the 90s to win anything

did mj and the bulls ever knock the celtics out of the playoffs?

Man Celtics had a great run into 90's even though they lost in the semi finals 90-91, 91-92 if they would of won those games they was going to face those BULLS that won those chips in 90-91, 91-92 so either way they wasnt going to get no more rings in the Jordan era

and course they Jordan had to wait his turn with the PISTONS that really had him to wait to get those rings 88-89, 89-90 BULLS lost in the Eastern Conference finals against those pistons, SO truth be told around 85 is when a young ass Jordan was balling and fighting his way in the playoffs and was getting known
  • PanchoYoSancho
    Options
    To say Jordan is the reason Bird only got 3 when he never beat Bird in the playoffs is dumb.
  • waterproof
    edited February 2012
    Options
    To say Jordan is the reason Bird only got 3 when he never beat Bird in the playoffs is dumb.

shut up Bird old ass wasnt not going to beat Jordan in 90-91, 91-92 they was one game from facing each other, Celtics was 56-26 in 90-91 and 51-31 in 91-92 Celtics lost in the semi rounds just one game from getting they ass smashed by a dark skinned, air dunks rockin, gold chain around his neck, bald headed dunkin JORDAN. So even if they did met in the finals BIRD WAS NOT GOING TO GET NO MORE RINGS, just like ZEKE and the Pistons wasn't going to get no mo rings.

I am not Jordan biggest fan but ? was not going to eat
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    can we say it was fail or success puttin together kg allen and paul ?

clearly a success, otherwise celtics would still be irrelevant
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited February 2012
    Options
    waterproof wrote:

shut up Bird old ass wasnt not going to beat Jordan in 90-91, 91-92 they was one game from facing each other, Celtics was 56-26 in 90-91 and 51-31 in 91-92 Celtics lost in the semi rounds just one game from getting they ass smashed by a dark skinned, air dunks rockin, gold chain around his neck, bald headed dunkin JORDAN. So even if they did met in the finals BIRD WAS NOT GOING TO GET NO MORE RINGS, just like ZEKE and the Pistons wasn't going to get no mo rings.

You shut up, idiot. To say Jordan is the reason Bird only won 3 is like saying Eli is the reason Brees didnt win the SB this year.

I could give a ? what would've or could've happened if the Celtics played the Bulls in the 90's. The point is it didnt.
  • waterproof
    edited February 2012
    Options
    waterproof wrote:

You shut up, idiot. To say Jordan is the reason Bird only won 3 is like saying Eli is the reason Brees didnt win the SB this year.

I could give a ? what would've or could've happened if the Celtics played the Bulls in the 90's. The point is it didnt.

oh you give a ? cocksucka to give your opinion on my thoughts so ? outta here, you don't see me quoting your ass because i can give a ? about what you think, these are my opinions and i know for a fact Jordan would of whipped Bird ass if they would met. AND ? TEXAS Oklahoma Stays on top, you bottom ?
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MJ gets credit for everything

mj kept lebron from getting a ring last year

mj ended the cold war

mj foiled the attempted terror attack on the capitol last week
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oakley needs to ?
  • PanchoYoSancho
    Options
    waterproof wrote:
    oh you give a ? cocksucka to give your opinion on my thoughts so ? outta here, you don't see me quoting your ass because i can give a ? about what you think, these are my opinions and i know for a fact Jordan would of whipped Bird ass if they would met. AND ? TEXAS Oklahoma Stays on top, you bottom ?

You made a ? statement that makes no sense. IT NEVER HAPPENED. Get over it, ? .
  • waterproof
    Options
    waterproof wrote:

You made a ? statement that makes no sense. IT NEVER HAPPENED. Get over it, ? .

lol, you good in my book
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Toughness, Oakley has a point. KG wasn't doing that ? yelling when his was a T-Wolf. But overall game...

KG>>>>Oak Tree
    Chuck B.>>>Chuck Oak

Oak needs to shut the ? up and know his background role just cause he and Anthony Mason used to bank ? on the basketball court.

Magic had a chance at ring number 6 between rings 4-5, vice versa for Bird. Truth be told they could've both finished with 5 before Mike got busy. Doc, Moses, and the Sixers got their one (in which Philly took out both Boston AND LA to get it), and Zeke and the Bad Boys got the other two.
  • TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Oakleys the realest dude to ever play the game.

a lot of you kids arent aware of that