Lebron
Bosh
Noah

Chalmers
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Oneal

Does it say yes he is one of the best or Damn he had to damnnear put together a drem team to win his titles and if still can't win then what..

Comments

• maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    if he wins, no. If he doesn't win, yes.

I mean it hasn't hurt Garnett's legacy. If anything it has added to it. It hasn't hurt Kobe's legacy that his championships have come with him having the best post player in the league at that time. Never hurt Jordan's legacy that he aint win without Pippen. Never hurt Magic's legacy that he played with one of the greatest centers to ever play the game. Never hurt Birds legacy that he played with arguably the greatest starting five ever in terms of talent. Never hurt Russel's legacy that his celtic teams were always stacked with talent. No the only thing that hurts your legacy is not winning. Once you start winning championships everything else is just a minor issue.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I dont think so

what superstar has won a title being the ONLY guy on that squad

Iverson failed in 01
    Bron failed in 06 was it?

cant be done.....
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I dont think so

what superstar has won a title being the ONLY guy on that squad

Iverson failed in 01
    Bron failed in 06 was it?

cant be done.....

I cosign this. You have to have a Robin to his BAtman. N/H <- Dont know why I had to use a no ? but JIC!
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Nobody cares about no legacy but old heads, its all about how many titles you win in the end
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yup...........
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I think it will. He's supposed to be the best player the league, but not only has he not won a championship...but he played sorry as ? this past post-season. So he wasn't winning, and it was his fault..not just that he didn't have the supporting cast he needed. But I think it would look bad on him because players should come to greatness...not the other way around. Players should want to come to Lebron to win a championship...he shouldn't be out looking where he could go to win one. So if a player comes to the Cavs and he wins, I'd say his "legacy" (he doesn't have one yet cuz he hasn't done ? ) would improve. If he goes sumwhere else then it doesn't improve. Especially Miami where Wade would be the star.
  • DB Cooper
    DB Cooper Members Posts: 746
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yes either way
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    his legacy gonna look ? .....

even Kobe stuck with LA and one another ring

even Paul Pierce Stuck with Boston and won a ring

even D-wade still sticking with miami

even Michael Jordan didn't leave the bulls

lebron only 25, he's not even 30......so why leave the cavs so soon....i thought he was suppose to be moses

the deliverer of Basketball

if your destined to be great, why do u gotta leave the team u helped brought back to life franchise (cavs)

and join up like voltron with other superstars on another team...

? look weird, he gonna look weak.....

imagine MJ at the age of 25 saying ? the bulls let me go team up, with John Stockton and Karl malone in Utah.....lol
  • Knightryder
    edited June 2010
    Options
    and imagine if Lebron wins a title with Bosh and d-wade.......do u know what ? is gonna say.....

Well Lebron only won a title cause of D-wade.....if wade wasn't there Lebron would still lose....

at least wade won a title by himself in miami......

Lebron aint win a title with the cavs...

Lebron had to team up with the second best player in the league to win a title....

smh Lebron Legacy would be tarnished
  • Knightryder
    edited June 2010
    Options
    at least when kevin garnett left the T-wolves he had already put his time in before he went to the celtics.....

it was more of a last resort thing for Garnett.....

Lebron is only 25 and already giving up smh.......
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Its a huge difference between Rose/Bosh and Wade/Bosh, first of all.

If its Chicago, the impact on his legacy is not significant.

If its Miami, he will forever be dogged by 'Who's really better' questions...Because as i look into my crystal ball, Wade will likely lead that team in scoring and be the one hittin clutch shots...If they win multiple rings, they will share some of them Finals MVPs...Lebron will be puttin up triple doubles and all, but Wade has the consistent J and post game.

Lebron will still be top 5 ever, but with a loaded squad like that he could never be considered better than Mike, which honestly is what we're all talkin bout. Can he be best EVER. Needing to join forces makes the answer an automatic NO...Just like Kobe having 3 rings as 2nd best player hurts his legacy when he is being compared to Mike...It kills that argument.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If he teams up w/ Wade And Bosh in Miami I don't see how it couldn't hurt his legacy...but the Chicago situation w/ just a bosh and rose I don't think it would hurt his legacy imo.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The only way it hurts him is if he doesn't win. Other than that, if they win then a title is a title
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Its a huge difference between Rose/Bosh and Wade/Bosh, first of all.

If its Chicago, the impact on his legacy is not significant.

If its Miami, he will forever be dogged by 'Who's really better' questions...Because as i look into my crystal ball, Wade will likely lead that team in scoring and be the one hittin clutch shots...If they win multiple rings, they will share some of them Finals MVPs...Lebron will be puttin up triple doubles and all, but Wade has the consistent J and post game.

Lebron will still be top 5 ever, but with a loaded squad like that he could never be considered better than Mike, which honestly is what we're all talkin bout. Can he be best EVER. Needing to join forces makes the answer an automatic NO...Just like Kobe having 3 rings as 2nd best player hurts his legacy when he is being compared to Mike...It kills that argument.

This is the exact reason why I say the miami rumors make no sense

Why go play in another ? city where he is the franchise already.It will always be people sayin he a coattail rider.

? games,egos all that will be compromised logic never applies on here tho
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    No matter what happens it will hurt his legacy if he leaves Cleveland w/o winning them a 'ship.
  • S2J
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This is the exact reason why I say the miami rumors make no sense

Why go play in another ? city where he is the franchise already.It will always be people sayin he a coattail rider.

? games,egos all that will be compromised logic never applies on here tho

C/s, however, somethin tells me Lebron understands his weaknesses more than us fans do...I think he really wants to be a Magic type player moreso than a Jordan...That way he never has to get a consistent J or post game. The way he played vs Boston im thinkin he actually wants to be somebody's Pippen, real talk
  • S2J
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    The only way it hurts him is if he doesn't win. Other than that, if they win then a title is a title

For everybody else, yes.

But when you are (edit: were) the ONE person alive capable of dethroning MJ as best ever...oh, it matters. Ask Kobe
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    C/s, however, somethin tells me Lebron understands his weaknesses more than us fans do...I think he really wants to be a Magic type player moreso than a Jordan...That way he never has to get a consistent J or post game. The way he played vs Boston im thinkin he actually wants to be somebody's Pippen, real talk

Lebron has always been a more athletic explosive magic johnson to me, he's a facilitator wit the ability to score 30+.Never,ever understood the jordan comparisons

I wont say he needs to be Pippen but he realized he needs a legit #2 someone who can take pressure off him.Everybody needs this

Cavs have a bunch of 3rd options/role players.If they acquire or he goes to a team wit a legit #2 option he will win a title soon enough
  • S2J
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lebron has always been a more athletic explosive magic johnson to me, he's a facilitator wit the ability to score 30+.Never,ever understood the jordan comparisons

I wont say he needs to be Pippen but he realized he needs a legit #2 someone who can take pressure off him.Everybody needs this

Cavs have a bunch of 3rd options/role players.If they acquire or he goes to a team wit a legit #2 option he will win a title soon enough

True, i jus hope for his sake he dont think wit his heart and stay in Cleveland...he'll mess around watch D Wade and Kobe rack up rings while he and Mo look silly in the face each May...
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yall saying LeBron giving up he only 25 forget ? been with Cleveland for damn near 8 years already
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »

c/s .
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I would be no different than Kobe winning with Gasol,Bynum,Artest, and Fisher. Last time i check, Kobe wasn't getting ? done until Gasol got there. Nobody can win ? by themselves or with two great players anymore, you actually need 3 all star quality players nowadays.

PS i definelty don't think Lebron would ever play with Wade, both are two ball dominant
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    his legacy gonna look ? .....

even Kobe stuck with LA and one another ring

even Paul Pierce Stuck with Boston and won a ring

even D-wade still sticking with miami

even Michael Jordan didn't leave the bulls

lebron only 25, he's not even 30......so why leave the cavs so soon....i thought he was suppose to be moses

the deliverer of Basketball

if your destined to be great, why do u gotta leave the team u helped brought back to life franchise (cavs)

and join up like voltron with other superstars on another team...

? look weird, he gonna look weak.....

imagine MJ at the age of 25 saying ? the bulls let me go team up, with John Stockton and Karl malone in Utah.....lol

word....

but damn the Jazz would be unstoppable w/ MJ...
  • hiphopest72
    hiphopest72 Members Posts: 73
    edited June 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I would be no different than Kobe winning with Gasol,Bynum,Artest, and Fisher. Last time i check, Kobe wasn't getting ? done until Gasol got there. Nobody can win ? by themselves or with two great players anymore, you actually need 3 all star quality players nowadays.

PS i definelty don't think Lebron would ever play with Wade, both are two ball dominant

I see what your saying but Kobe staying in LA and Gutting it out for 14 seasons with and winning multiple titles with one franchise same with Jordan and Magic so on and so on it hurts him that he was to be the saviour of Clevland sports and at the end gave the city the same amount of titles as Mark Price and Craig Ehlo and now he sees a chance to be part of a great team and bolts leaving a city full of witnesses...
  • drunkenone
    drunkenone Members Posts: 173
    edited June 2010
    Options
    What legacy does Lebron have???