Does The McDonald All American Hoops Game Matter Anymore?

Options
Kil889
Kil889 Members Posts: 158
edited February 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
I remember when I would look forward to these jawns EVERY year but now I could care less. Maybe it's the talent level of these new kids coming out but it just seems like this and the Jordan high School games don't pack the same punch. What ya'll think?

Here's the last MCDonalds game I was actually hype to see, the 2008 McDonaldsGame with Tyreke Evans, Kemba Walker, Jrue Holiday and Brandon Jennings...
http://www.willmakebeatsforfood.com/2012/02/hoop-dreams-2008-mcdonalds-all-american.html

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ImParallel wrote:
    Only 1 team has won an NCAA championship without a McDonald's All American player on it (the Terps). Pretty important from that aspect. The game itself might not be but the honor seems pretty spot on in regards to talent usually.

True only so many fall through the cracks. I will most def watch.

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It matters yes. To a degree. But it's mostly just for bragging rights and to build hype for fans of certain teams. And there are so many other showcase games for high school ballers now that it doesn't have the luster that it once did
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What u mean by "matter"
  • Cosmic_Cannon
    Cosmic_Cannon Members Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I could care less.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well it mattered more when some of these high schoolers were actually able to make the jump to the NBA.

now it only matters to hard core CBB fans
  • Darius
    Options
    And being mcmerican don't mean as much anyway considering there are so many great prospects that aren't chosen for the game
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its like a tryout for the one and done
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is worthless now, but I can't wait to see Isaiah Austin in action. (5* recruit committed to Baylor)
  • Darius
    Options
    cotdamn. over/under on how many years it will take for Baylor to go on probation. how the hell they just out of nowhere keep getting these big time players
  • Big_Ev
    Big_Ev Members Posts: 161 ✭✭
    Options
    It did when it was the only kid on the block but now you got other all-star games and the fact that alot of the major high school games are on ESPN the McDonald game don't mean as much.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not anymore just like COllege Basketball maybe 1-3 players will be anything in the NBA....when I watch the under armour or US Army All American Game for football I know Im seeing future first picks in the NFL. Football>>>>>>Basketball
  • Darius
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote:
    Not anymore just like COllege Basketball maybe 1-3 players will be anything in the NBA....when I watch the under armour or US Army All American Game for football I know Im seeing future first picks in the NFL. Football>>>>>>Basketball

really, so you think as a percentage, there are more guys in the under armour game taken in the first round of the NFL draft than there are guys in the McDonalds game taken in the first round of the NBA draft?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darius wrote:
    nujerz84 wrote:

really, so you think as a percentage, there are more guys in the under armour game taken in the first round of the NFL draft than there are guys in the McDonalds game taken in the first round of the NBA draft?

Prolly not as a percentage cause the rosters in football vs basketball is almost 4 to 1... to clearer there more guys in All American Football games that contribute in the NFL (not necessarlly first or even 2nd round picks) than guys who contribute in the NBA from Mcdonalds allmerican game...