Favorite twilight zone episodes?

Options
Max.
Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Monsters on maple street

Time enough at last

The one where the get off a bus n there a diner n one of them is a alien.

Comments

• freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the one where he played pool with that guy,and won but really lost because he had to play for eternity
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't go with just one episode, These are 5 I find most memorable.

To serve man

Time enough at last

Eye of the Beholder

Nightmare at 20000 feet

Long live Walter Jameson
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the one with the guy that played the penguin on the 60s batman series about how he was gonna be judged by his peers at 12 midnight

that ? will stick with me forever
  • Max.
    Options
    They Should do a reboot like on amc..the twilight zone movie the one with the white racist dude that gets thrown back to ? ,black guy n the south n Vietnam idk y but that part of the movie bothered me...I know the guy Vic morrow really ended up dying on set its on YouTube n the 2 lil kids died too dude got his head cut off by helicopter blades
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    imm0rt4l wrote: »
    I can't go with just one episode, These are 5 I find most memorable.

To serve man

Time enough at last

Eye of the Beholder

Nightmare at 20000 feet

Long live Walter Jameson

Oh, Nightmare at 20000 feet was a good one! I also agree with Time enough at last.
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    Options
    I don't know the names but the one with William shatner, the one with the pig people being the pretty ones,the one with the guy who slips a chick some love potion that ends up making her too in love and smothering him with affection and the one where a guy thinks he is in heaven but realizes he is in hell when every day is exactly the same.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    My favorite starred my favorite silent movie star Buster Keaton (? genius, youtube his work) he played a janitor in the 1890s who finds a time machine and goes to the 1950s. Its a great episode and awesome throwback to Mr. Keaton's silent comedic genius cause the scenes in 1890s are silent and the ones in the 1950s are talking.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my favorite is the one with the doppelganger at the bus station, and at the end he chases his own self down the street
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's too many to name, but TZ comes on every night here in Chicago @ 10. I remember the one where that chic was driving from the east coast to west and this guy was hitch hiking, comes to find it she died in a car crash and the guy was there to take her to heaven or hell, it was never spoken.
    \
    And the one where the old man was dying in New Orleans and he gave his greedy family members those grotesque masks that mad their faces stay that way once they took them off.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Way too many to name. The one with evil Franklin Richards on there was crazy though.
  • .American Loo
    .American Loo Members Posts: 303
    Options
    The Howling Man [GOAT]

The one where they are in this giant bin (a solider, a clown and a ballerina)

The Masks one that King Hassan mentioned is GOAT

There's one where a woman is being chased by another woman on a horse. check for that. very deep.

....there's really too many....

• king hassan
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The Howling Man [GOAT]

The one where they are in this giant bin (a solider, a clown and a ballerina)The Masks one that King Hassan mentioned is GOAT

There's one where a woman is being chased by another woman on a horse. check for that. very deep.

....there's really too many....
    That's a classic one right there too, there was a hobo in there too I think. And the one when the couple wake up ? from the party and hop on the train and it keeps leading them back to the same place, come to find out they toys

The one with Charles Bronson and Elizabeth Montgomery is good too

And the one with Claude Akins when somebody switching on ? in the neighborhood and everybody think the next person is a alien.

And the one with the fall out shelter, dude was'nt letting nobody else in his ?

And the ultimate classic, when it was hot as ? and the city was going crazy and come to find out ole girl just had a high fever.

and oh, the one with Robert Redford coming to get the old lady in the tenement building, classic, Rod Serling was that dude.

And how I forget about the department store mannequin where they took turns coming off the 13th floor to mingle in the store.

• the best 1
    the best 1 Members Posts: 704 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The one where they are in this giant bin (a solider, a clown and a ballerina)

The movie "Cube" was based on that story

15682697813f983223739c200dc5b6e2d2e78d06.jpg
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To Serve Man

The Howling Man

The Obsolete Man

And the one with Gabriel the angel and the drunken trumpet player (forgot the title)
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Twilight zone was that show I actually liked the episode with the possessed doll who the dad kept messing with trying to get rid of her an keep it from his daughter but she keptt coming back like an kills his ass an threatens the mom like a boss
  • king hassan
    Options
    iron man1 wrote:
    Twilight zone was that show I actually liked the episode with the possessed doll who the dad kept messing with trying to get rid of her an keep it from his daughter but she keptt coming back like an kills his ass an threatens the mom like a boss

I think that was a Chatty Cathy doll and Tellis Savales aka Kojak was in that one
  • king hassan
    edited February 2012
    Options
    sionb55 wrote:
    Yo the Howling Man one is probably one of the best anthology tales I've seen in a very long time. That ? was deep. I just seen it last night.

Another one you guys might wanna check out is the one where the librarian wishes to be in a world of his own with his books and ends up waking up having the world all to himself - just him and his books. Some strange ? .....
    The Masks episode is good too, the part where you see the families faces actually made me a little shook got dayum lol.

Man that was a deep one too. Dude fell asleep in the bank vault, but he ended up breaking his glasses. And he was wearing thick joints too, that was Burgess Meredith (Adrian from Rocky) and he was a banker not a librarian
  • Max.
    Options
    Also the one where there at a party n a radio message comes on n they go in the bomb shelter n locks everybody else out n the people at the party try to break in n they start freaking out..than at the end radio says it was just falling harmless satelites
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is like asking me what my favorite simpsons episode is.

but if i had to choose itd be the one with the soldier, clown and ballerina. saw it when i was young and the ending ? my head up.
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    I like a few of these same ones; the pig people being normal and regular people being "ugly," and the guy who just wanted to be alone with his books and then broke his glasses when he finally had nothing but reading. The Twilight Zone Movie freaked me out when the guy on the airplane keeps seeing that monster on the wing.
  • the best 1
    Options

iron man1 wrote: »

My name is Talking Tina... and I'm going to ? you!

Classic.
  • the best 1
    Options
    Max-b wrote: »
    Also the one where there at a party n a radio message comes on n they go in the bomb shelter n locks everybody else out n the people at the party try to break in n they start freaking out..than at the end radio says it was just falling harmless satelites

This one was good.... it showed that in a crisis situation... when the "? hits the Fan"... man's truth nature comes out... "Every man for himself" and "Survival of the fittest".

In other words... ? YOU... GET YO OWN ? !
  • king hassan
    Options
    Rod Sterling must have been on that ? lol. I dug the joint with dude on that prison planet with the female robot. ? was deep yo.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody ever watch the Outer Limits? That show had some crazy ? too.
  • the best 1
    Options
    Anybody ever watch the Outer Limits? That show had some crazy ? too.

Yep... Outer Limits and Rod Serlings other show "Night Gallery".

Outer Limits

September 16, 1963 – January 16, 1965

http://youtu.be/C6rJG54nFYY

Night Gallery

December 16, 1970 – May 27, 1973

http://youtu.be/Y9pToHSFdwk

http://youtu.be/5rVLeogPTI4