Melo names his top 5 NBA players

Options
d.green
d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Said Kobe #1

then the others LBJ, Melo, Durant and Dwight.

Dude left out Wade.

Comments

• d.green
    Options
    Actually he said it wasn't in order but that Kobe was #1 on ESPN First Take.

I did like how Stephen A Smith says the D'antoni system has given the green light to everyone when Melo and Amare should be the focus. I agree with that...WTF Fields and Lin putting up so many damn shots?

Melo also said he can't or isn't the guy to tell the team to "give me the ball and get out of my way".
  • d.green
    Options
    Wade better than melo,kobe,howard and durant

I agree.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Durant nor Melo are better than Wade, them ? are one dimensional as hell. Wade plays both sides of the ball and atleast took his team deep into the playoffs which is more than we can say about Melo.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol @ Melo including himself in the top 5 players in the league...? outta here
  • Cosmic_Cannon
    Cosmic_Cannon Members Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Wade 3rd season in the league led his team to a championship

Durant 3rd season in the league led his team to their 1st playoff appearance and a 1st round exit

2 playoff wins compared to wades 16 and the championship shut da ? up

Wade impacts the game in several ways that durant cant

Wade's "clutchness" is overblown, because outside of '06 and last year, he has not taken his team anywhere in the playoffs.
    Wade is better than Durant, but Wade is not some "ultimate winner" like he is perceived.

Lol @ Melo including himself in the top 5 players in the league...? outta here
    He's an superstar, so of course he's going to include himself, but he is funny for that one.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all sound stupid. Carmelo's opinion holds way more weight than your never played in college, let alone the NBA opinion. Carmelo evaluates the game from an intelligent basketball perspective, while y'all just go on nba.com and look up random stats and accomplishments that you think support your opinion.

Y'all have to understand that the players could give a ? what you think about them. What they want or care about is the respect of their peers and the league.

Btw both Durant and Melo said Kobe was in that number 1 spot #KobeSystem.
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote:
    Lebron over Wade?
    Even after that ? performance from the king last year?

The same ? performance from Wade in the ECF?

It's like what Kenny Smith said this morning, Lebron was able to pull Wade through the finals. Why was Wade not able to do the same for Lebron in the Finals?
  • d.green
    edited February 2012
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote:
    Young-Ice wrote:
    Lebron over Wade?
    Even after that ? performance from the king last year?

The same ? performance from Wade in the ECF?

It's like what Kenny Smith said this morning, Lebron was able to pull Wade through the finals. Why was Wade not able to do the same for Lebron in the Finals?

Uh oh...Kenny Smith has started something now.

If he's the King why does anyone have to pull him anywhere?

Lebron froze up in the finals. Bottom line.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol you guys are overrating wade a little hes not that great of an on ball defender he plays the lanes well tho. And he had shaq and lets not forget the refs gave the heat the championship that year
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wade is the bestestest
  • the ghost
    the ghost Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Howard is not top 5, needs to learn how to play the game first and stop living off athleticism and learn some moves.

1. James
    2. Kobe
    3. Wade
    4. D.Rose
    5. Melo/K.D.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    wade cant never live down the fact that he is a superstar and the heat had 18 wins one year (WORST RECORD IN THE NBA) while he in his prime. NO superstar should ever let that happen.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all the players know Kobe is the best, where Mumo at....(good win yesterday for ur Thunder), once we get a PG at the deadline, we will see ya'll in the WCF 2nd round 1 vs 4 matchup
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited February 2012
    Options
    DaBull wrote:
    wade cant never live down the fact that he is a superstar and the heat had 18 wins one year (WORST RECORD IN THE NBA) while he in his prime. NO superstar should ever let that happen.

Dude was pretty much out the whole year dealing with injuries when we were terrible in 2007
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So no ones gonna mention Dirk? Yall want me to pull out some footage from the finals smh.....

Dirk is top 3 at the moment I dont give a ?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FOH ? , Dirk aint top 10 right now

KD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wade

FOH with this Wade dickriding

Any man who calls another man "King" loses credibility btw
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wade is the best player in the League period... the only player who might challenge dukes is LBJ...and that's only because he's more durable...

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wade >>>>>erry body
  • Nah Son
    edited February 2012
    Options
    R.D. wrote:

? you too ? . Paul Pierce says Dirk is the toughest player to guard on-on-one in the league right now. Bosh called him the best player in the league live on tv after Dirk had made him his ? for the entire Finals. The ? you know about basketball fool?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ca21 wrote:
    R.D. wrote:

? you too ? . Paul Pierce says Dirk is the toughest player to guard on-on-one in the league right now. Bosh called him the best player in the league live on tv after Dirk had made him his ? for the entire Finals. The ? you know about basketball fool?

your opinion based off whay 2 hoe ? said
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited February 2012
    Options
    smfh at a ? callin another ? King, what you gon do next call him daddy?
  • Nah Son
    Options
    R.D. wrote:
    ca21 wrote:
    R.D. wrote:

your opinion based off whay 2 hoe ? said

Nah its based off what I see. Name one player in the league that could take Dirk out a whole series offensively let alone a whole game. Cant no one ? with that fadeaway.

• usmarin3
    Options
    lol at Dirk, i love how the media is giving that mf a pass for coming into the season out of shape. Let that be a black player!
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Lmao @ this 31 year old lookin Teenager skooby takin shots wit that welcome back kotter mustache

His nickname king james Duke, callin lebron his nickname aint ? homeboy cut it out

Males who type "smmfh or smdh" shouldnt talk buddy boy

Who calls him the King tho? I barely hear that in the media. He gave himself that nickname just like the chosen one. But i guess if his nickname was daddy you would call him that too. ? .