Knicks vs Heat got better TV rating in Miami

Options
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Listening to the herd on espn radio my ? JA Adante was a guest and these were the ratings

new york:9.4
miami: 15.3

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited February 2012
    Options
    and people stay ? on us for being fairweather fans lol
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol i got mixed reactions with yall fans down in miami. I dont blame you for following every second of a team cause i live in the northeast and there are hella bandwagon celtic and knicks fans in the past 5 years depending on how their teams are doing. And hell if i lived in miami i would hit the club or beach more with the nice weather which = less time watching sports.

At the same time how da ? ? not going to football games there! Since the U went downhill yall crowds been wack. And how the ? yall not going to football games with the low ticket prices!? Hell even if it was dolphins v rams or some boring ? i would go to a game if i lived down there when tickets can be $30 on stub hub thats cheap as ? !

• Cosmic_Cannon
    Cosmic_Cannon Members Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    Options

Depite being young as a sports city, you guys did support the U and Fins when they were relevant. Also, the Heat have gotten love pre-Lebron as well. It's funny that people(mainly from sports hotbeds, like the Northeast or Midwest) clown Miami(Florida as a hole), when a good portion of Florida's residents is made up of transplants from other areas. So it's no surprise, that Florida isn't as live as other regions, when it comes to sports. However, give Florida 15 - 20 years, then we won't have be having this discussion.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and the ratings were better in OKC than they were in LA for that game.

this isn't an uncommon thing
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fans usually get made fun of when they have trouble selling out playoff games and have to be given instuction pamphlets on how to cheer for their team. that goes on at most major cities that have successful teams and can't sell out games. yeah there are factors for it, but no one city gets singled out