Kobe : "Everybody needs to lay off Westbrook"

Options
Jdilla26
Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Here are some of Bryant's thoughts on the game and the Thunder:

* On OKC All-Star point guard Russell Westbrook, who at times has been heavily criticized:

"I don't know what the media is doing out here, but everybody just needs to lay off of Russell. That's a bad little dude, man. That's a bad little dude, man. You guys are fortunate to have him. You guys have got two explosive scorers here. I like how he's playing. He just has to continue to improve and do his thing."

* Does Bryant see any of himself in Westbrook?

"He's got the same type of dog that I had in me — that I still have in me — when I was coming up playing with Shaq (former teammate Shaquille O'Neal). He's got the same fight and he's just 6-4."

Website Link
http://newsok.com/kobe-bryant-lakers-st ... z1nLRsUGxO

Westbrook has been balling this year gotta give him credit..................LMAO @ Kobe on Harden and Durant “Maybe one day they’ll be able to sit at my lunch table. Right now we’re at two different lunch tables, man. The conversation’s pretty brief,”

Comments

• #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Jdilla26 wrote:
    “Maybe one day they’ll be able to sit at my lunch table. Right now we’re at two different lunch tables, man. The conversation’s pretty brief,”

ETHERAGE!!!
    i said the same when i read that
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westbrook startin to grow on me tht ? had me hot as a firecracker for tht ? he pulled in the playoffs
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe knows that Westbrooke will shoot the Thunder out of the play offs.I seen the Thunder at the Verizon center against the Wizards and they lost because Brooke shot too much.Thunder are not using their strengths when Brook acts like he is number 1 instead of number 2.
  • VulcanRaven
    edited February 2012
    Options
    OKC needs Westbrook to get buckets. PPl need to ? . Who else besides Durant and Harden going to put points on the board?

You do realize every time he scores a lot they lose? That is why the Mavs beat them in the play offs.I went to me first NBA game with the Thunder vs the Wizards and Brooke shot too much.They have this guy called Ibaka who they do not use that would be a major threat int he paint.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote:
    OKC needs Westbrook to get buckets. PPl need to ? . Who else besides Durant and Harden going to put points on the board?

You do realize every time he scores a lot they lose? That is why the Mavs beat them in the play offs.I went to me first NBA game with the Thunder vs the Wizards and Brooke shot too much.They have this guy called Ibaka who they do not use that would be a major threat int he paint.

thats a got damn lie

• VulcanRaven
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote:

thats a got damn lie
    The truth is that they lose more games when he scores more than Durant.Then they can not win a ship with him shooting instead of passing.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need Westbrook scoring but they need him to become a playmaker even more
  • Jdilla26
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote:

LOL @ Ibaka being a major threat on offense. He's a garbage man I dont think personally he can create his own shot. Kendricks Perkins is as stiff as the tin man in the post they need Westbrook to putup them pts. They seem to be doing fine they're in 1st place in the west

• Jdilla26
    Options
    i mean sum ppl act like Westbrook is holding Durant back or something.....when clearly KD get his he was the leading scorer in the league last year.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ibaka garbage ? FOH

You dont have to reach to make a point
  • Jdilla26
    Options
    R.D. wrote:
    Ibaka garbage ? FOH

You dont have to reach to make a point
    Never said Ibaka IS garbage I said he's a GARBAGE MAN which means he does all the ? work gets pts off putbacks never said he was garbage my dude