Is it too early to

Options
Purr
Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in The Reason
give gillie the kid MAJOR ? props for writing the carter 2?

Comments

• angrymaninc
    angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Options
    lol i can't wait till the lil wayne fans come in and deny this lol
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Purr
    Options
    ? those lil wayne stans.

only an idiot would believe that his current rhyming scheme is the same from cater 2.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • will blax
    will blax Members Posts: 539 ✭✭
    Options
    i don't know if he really wrote it but Wayne definitely did sound like Gillie. Gillie either eating or he didn't take care of his business

http://youtu.be/-tV7pFQPldo
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    ? those lil wayne stans.

only an idiot would believe that his current rhyming scheme is the same from cater 2.

that's what i've been saying... i guess groupie love kinda makes you blind
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your threads suck
  • Purr
    Options
    will blax wrote: »
    i don't know if he really wrote it but Wayne definitely did sound like Gillie. Gillie either eating or he didn't take care of his business

http://youtu.be/-tV7pFQPldo

duh, it's called "cadence structure".

• genocidecutter
    Options
    Just stop making threads
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    Options
    hey another lil wayne hate thread
  • Purr
    Options

Nope...

Based off of cadence, rhyme, breathing control, and lyric placement when he raps; I dont really see this as a lil wayne hate thread. sorry for being musically inclined but dumb it down for people who arent :(

u mad?
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    Do you even read your threads? You suck stop making them
  • Purr
    Options

oh.

ok.

then do better than me, my son :)
  • genocidecutter
    Options

oh.

ok.

then do better than me, my son :)

I can and will
  • angrymaninc
    Options

Nope...

Based off of cadence, rhyme, breathing control, and lyric placement when he raps; I dont really see this as a lil wayne hate thread. sorry for being musically inclined but dumb it down for people who arent :(

u mad?

You know ppl are going scream hate but i want someone to explain the bolded please... i mean anybody who pays the slightest bit of attention to what they listen will be able to say that wayne's style was completely different then than it is now
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    Options

Nope...

u mad?

lmao @ you trolls. yall are steady tryna ? this message board up. get yo ass back to 4chan with all that
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pretty much every rapper who is mainstream doesn't have the same style through out their career. Especially when you're revolutionizing new sounds in the music industry.
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote:
    Pretty much every rapper who is mainstream doesn't have the same style through out their career. Especially when you're revolutionizing new sounds in the music industry.

granted... but i find it funny that back when it was known that gillie da kidd was running with them that Wayne sounded exactly like him.. now he sounds exactly like drake... that's like someone trying to claim that Tragedy Khadafi didn't write Nore rhymes on the war report doesn't even make sense
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    one of the few females thats smart enough to realize wayne aint ? and yall hatin smh
  • buttuh_b
    edited February 2012
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote:

granted... but i find it funny that back when it was known that gillie da kidd was running with them that Wayne sounded exactly like him.. now he sounds exactly like drake... that's like someone trying to claim that Tragedy Khadafi didn't write Nore rhymes on the war report doesn't even make sense

So who was writing his rhymes in 2007-2008 when he was really blowing up whilst Gille was dissin him and Drake was still on that tv show?

Come on b. Wayne was dope before Gillie was even running with Cash Money. So Gillie da Kid wrote all the Squad Up tapes is what you're telling me? Wayne just happens to have thousands of verses written for him that propelled him to the top of the game? Why doesn't Gillie write for someone else and make them pop? Or himself for that matter...

You might have a similar style to people you're around a lot but that doesn't mean they write your lyrics.
  • Purr
    Options

Nope...

u mad?

You know ppl are going scream hate but i want someone to explain the bolded please... i mean anybody who pays the slightest bit of attention to what they listen will be able to say that wayne's style was completely different then than it is now

Im not a troll... :(
  • buttuh_b
    Options

Nope...

u mad?

Im not a troll... :(

Why u lie miss "Lisa Leslie >> Shaq"
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote:
    buttuh_b wrote:

So who was writing his rhymes in 2007-2008 when he was really blowing up whilst Gille was dissin him and Drake was still on that tv show?

Come on b. Wayne was dope before Gillie was even running with Cash Money. So Gillie da Kid wrote all the Squad Up tapes is what you're telling me? Wayne just happens to have thousands of verses written for him that propelled him to the top of the game? Why doesn't Gillie write for someone else and make them pop? Or himself for that matter...

You might have a similar style to people you're around a lot but that doesn't mean they write your lyrics.

um no the style on the carter 2 and the carter 3 are completely different and it's obviou... you can't listen to those and not realize that the styles are completely different & if you do you're choosing to be biased
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gilly never said he wrote Carter 2. He said he wrote Carter 1.

This.

And this would make more sense given that Wayne was more lyrical consistently on C1 than on C2. C2 just was a step up as far as production (imo), presentation, and song concepts go.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote:
    buttuh_b wrote:

um no the style on the carter 2 and the carter 3 are completely different and it's obviou... you can't listen to those and not realize that the styles are completely different & if you do you're choosing to be biased

Well obviously they're different but I'm saying whose pen was Wayne using when he rose to prominence in that time period? Carter 3 is Wayne's worst album period from the 90's to now. I'm just making the point that realistically he has always wrote his own ? . Yall seriously think Drake writes Wayne's ? because their flows are similar on some songs. But lyrically you can tell they're different. Just like Wayne and Gillie were. Wayne showed hella talent on SQ tapes before Gillie was even around. So maybe he expanded his flow based on Gillie's style during Carter 1 but he didn't actually write for him.

If you think someone was writing for Wayne just because you think he fell of then someone must have been writing for Jay-Z too...