Why are East Coast Rappers so bland and boring?

Options
CallMeWelvin
CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in The Reason
I honestly can't listen to them boring ass ? . Midwest, South, and West Coast music is more better with better beats and better lyrics.

Comments

• HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just a reflection of the surroundings imo....but its some boring ? from everywhere....? if u wanna be real im a boring ass ? to some
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As an East coast ? , I agree. East coast music got boring, especially now. I think what happened was around like 98 rappers stopped focusing on music and stuck to silly ? like beefing and publicity stunts. Meanwhile, Midwest and the South (not so much west cept Dre) kept bringing interesting sounds to the game. Then in like 03 you see East coast trying to emulate them sounds (especially 50 inadvertently sounding southern). The east lost their identity, now everything up here sounds southern/techno. But DC does have that gogo wave, if anyone ? with that.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    overrating of punchline raps. that ? killed a whole crop of mc's on the east coast. and none of them could make good albums.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a generational thing, it seems. Like these older MCs think that you gotta rap on a Premo beat if you are worth a damn. Premo makes good beats, but some of his beats that younger heads consider boring since it is not on a blaring 808 club beats. And in 2012, there is good music poppin off from younger artists everywhere but the East Coast.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    . And in 2012, there is good music poppin off from younger artists everywhere but the East Coast.

Meek Mill is the only one
  • bankenstein
    bankenstein Members Posts: 227 ✭✭
    Options
    Plap you trippin bruh. Florida ? been listening to East Coast ? . Not the ? that be comin out now days but back then when i was in high school.
    Plap Sun wrote: »
    the west coast is just lame

all they got is snoop dogg

thats how you kno they doin bad

? what you doin on a hip hop forum if you don't know a damn thing about hip hop? And are you ever gon admit that Webbie ? on Boosie Boo?
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $? wrote: »
    Wild Self wrote: »
    . And in 2012, there is good music poppin off from younger artists everywhere but the East Coast.

Meek Mill is the only one

Hope he does well. Him and ASAP Rocky.

• ROFL..GUY
    ROFL..GUY Members Posts: 225
    Options
    Eeast coast rappers have NO IDENTITY

when you think of a southern rapper you have an idea of what he would look and sound like

when you think of a WC rapper you have a general idea of what he would look and sound like

WHEN YOU THINK OF AN EAST COAST MC??????????????? uhhhhhhhh? i dunno?

they have 0 identity
  • Big_Ev
    Big_Ev Members Posts: 161 ✭✭
    Options
    ROFL..GUY wrote: »

when you think of a southern rapper you have an idea of what he would look and sound like

when you think of a WC rapper you have a general idea of what he would look and sound like

they have 0 identity

Agree,

Being from the east coast you used to know what the east coast sound was. Now we trying to sound like everywhere else and not where they are from. To some it sounds boring but to cats out here it is what we are used to.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ROFL..GUY wrote: »

they have 0 identity

it sounds like you're describing a phenomenon known to the rest of the world as "diversity"

but i guess to you "identity" means everybody shares the same one in order to make it easier on lazy consumers.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Its funny because the soutern ? keep talking about new york.....which is one city on the east but dont check their ? laundry at all.

Ross has 2 mid atlantic/east coast ? on his staff blowing up the biggest
    Meek: west phili
    Wale: DC/pg county/dmv

Then lets look at every city in the south right now

Atlanta=Gimmick rappers mostly 1 hit wonders
    YC: Where is he now?
    Future: Tony montana one hit wonder/mixtapes are over rated
    Roscoe Dash: while a 2012 freshman he has one standalone hit
    Waka: c'mon son
    Gucci: c'mon son

Miami:
    Rick Ross: great scout for beats and talent music is alright
    .........................................nobody else in hip hop

Houston:
    No new relevant rappers around please check back in 6 months

New Orleans:
    Wayne: Hes trash
    Jay Electronica: awesome rapper academically inelligible to be called a rapper not enough content lately

and so on.............................

I used to ? with so much southern music back in the day now its minimal cause there is minimal talent there just like any other region struggling