Bigavelli
Bigavelli Members Posts: 3,465
edited March 2012 in The Reason
What is your opinion on this?

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Lol it's like whatever I say that she disagrees with she feels there need to be a thread made about it.
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    But to answer the question it truly depends on the song or the direction the artist is going.
  • Bigavelli
    Options
    There is nothing Pop about the sound of Rock Music @ Jamaica.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illbot bout to get you
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica and Shadyteam yall would make for a good couple. That could be a great reality show lol
  • Bigavelli
    Options
    illbot bout to get you

What's your opinion on the thread what you think about the question you feel Rock sample on a beat makes a Song Pop?
  • Bigavelli
    Options
    Just stick to the thread question keep in mind people always complain cos they say i make too many threads about 1 Artist so wen i dont atleast contribute to the thread otherswise you cant complain.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lloyd banks samples radio head on eyes wide and that song definitely isn't pop
  • Bigavelli
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    Lloyd banks samples radio head on eyes wide and that song definitely isn't pop

Someone tried to claim Pop and Rock are the same genre basically. So when ever a Rapper uses a Beat with a Rock Sample it is Pop.

I thought that statement was crazy that's just my opinion.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bigavelli wrote: »
    illbot bout to get you

What's your opinion on the thread what you think about the question you feel Rock sample on a beat makes a Song Pop?

no i dont....latest example is the new slaughterhouse song
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eminem loves his rocn n roll samples and im on the eminem is pop side of things....

• 5th Letter
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    But to answer the question it truly depends on the song or the direction the artist is going.

Of course there are examples of artists using rock samples but it wasn't meant for the pop crowd. That's why I said (shadyteam read) that it depends on the direction the artist is going with the song.
  • Bigavelli
    Options
    Bigavelli wrote: »
    illbot bout to get you

no i dont....latest example is the new slaughterhouse song

That's true and traditionally Hip Hop Producers been using Rock samples for over 20 years now.
  • Bigavelli
    Options
    nyst8ofmin wrote: »
    eminem loves his rocn n roll samples and im on the eminem is pop side of things....

Sure he has the Pop joints like My Name Is, With Out Me, Just Lose It those Songs don't use rock style beats though.

Now lets take Sing For The Moment which does sample rock that is a Song that is 1 of the least pop and most raw you will get for a Single.
  • Bigavelli
    Options

Of course there are examples of artists using rock samples but it wasn't meant for the pop crowd. That's why I said (shadyteam read) that it depends on the direction the artist is going with the song.

That makes no sense. What you trying to say? cos again Rock in it self is a complete very diffrent genre to Pop Music

What you mean by direction give an example? are you talking about?
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    99 problems by jay z a rock infused song but according to hip hop is a pop record because the song is intended to appeal to whites.

One by slaughterhouse is a rock infused record but it was not made specifically to crossover to other audiences
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black people started rock and roll and hip hop so what ? is your point?
  • Bigavelli
    Options
    Black people started rock and roll and hip hop so what ? is your point?

That's true i was gonna bring this up too my opinion is Rock for the most part is a raw ? sound sound that is nothing like Pop music such as Britney Spears, Nysync etc and as you said is a black genre anyway. and for over 20 years Rapppers have used Rock sampled Beats both mainstream and underground.
  • Bigavelli
    Options
    99 problems by jay z a rock infused song but according to hip hop is a pop record because the song is intended to appeal to whites.

One by slaughterhouse is a rock infused record but it was not made specifically to crossover to other audiences

How do you know which Song is supposed to sppeal to whites? what evidence you have to back these claims?

So because whites like Rock Music that makes Rock Pop? lmao

• 5th Letter
    Options
    I'm done your comprehension skills are woat
  • 5th Letter
    Options

wait ? what??????
    99 problems is a pop record? I not coming back into this thread... u ? ...

How many rap records get played on rock and pop stations?
  • Bigavelli
    Options

wait ? what??????

Yeah agreed with you makes no sense sounds nothing like a Pop Single or Jay Z's actual very commercial Songs.
  • Bigavelli
    Options

wait ? what??????

How many rap records get played on rock and pop stations?

One Mic by Nas was heavily Rock Sampled so it can't be 1 rule for 1 Song and another rule for another. Like someone else said Rock is a black genre too it was created by blacks that can't be disputed.

Pop Music is Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Backstreat Boys etc the Beats they use are not Rock influenced either.