The DLC yay or nay thread?

Options
Alkindus
Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in IllGaming
LOL ? Capcom.....I;m going to play the ? outta their game no doubt(SF x Tekken) but the 12 DLC characters are already on the disc SMH....I know I know this is what developers do nowadays but still....they announcing 12 DLC chars(to be released in a couple months) yet ? is already on the disc instead of being unlockable...technically that aint even DLC, ? wasn't developed post release/going gold...

? up thing is that I'm going to pay for the DLC 2 lol(what? can't play without Dudley and Bryan Fury) but Capcom is pathetic for doing that ? .

whats ur take on this?

Comments

• grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm all for dlc, but when the content is already on the disc, like with SF X T, it should be unlockable. If we buy a game, we should have access to all content on the disc. If dlc is created later down the line, great! But knowing the content is already in your hands and not being able to access it till capcom decides they are ready to charge us more money for it is ? . Capcom goofed hard by including the content on the disc and it will hurt their sales and reputation even further. I'm not coppin' the game right now.

It's sad in this case because the pirates get rewarded and the loyal customer fanbase gets the short end of the stick.
  • Alkindus
    Options
    Yeah ? bless the hackers for exposing Capcom once again lol, there are already gameplay vids of the 12 DLC characters, basically if you hacked the game u already have acces to the content Capcom originally planned to release this fall.....thats right comrades, Capcom put 12 characters on the disc but wanted u to purchase them in Fall lol

• vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all are tripping. Seriously. There is logically no difference between Capcom making you download extra content or having it on the disc already. You buy the game, you pay Capcom more money, you get extra ? . That is the same in both cases. The practical difference is that it saves you space on your HD, and that's a good thing.

It's not as if Capcom cut the game short and you have to buy ? to turn it into a proper game. SF x Tekken already has over thirty characters; you already have a full game. The location of the extra ? really doesn't matter.
  • Alkindus
    Options
    Well thats one way of looking at it Vesp....but normally people feel cheated when they're chargin for ? thats already on the disc...

and whats a fullgame anyway? it's not like they added 2 or 3 characters, we are talking 12 characters here lol, thats like 1 third of the entire roster, they didn't develope that ? overnight, they simply locked it on the disc....

• grumpy_new_yorker
    Options
    They purposely held back already created content in order to charge you more money down the line. You are paying full price for 2/3rd's of a game. Capcom was not the first to do it, but by far this is the worst case I've seen. This is pure greed plain and simple.
  • 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Options
    lol that some foul ? ..that's why i don't buy games when they first come out anymore
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited March 2012
    Options
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? this ? im coppin soul calibur 5
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is why I stopped buying games full price. Buy the ? on ebay for 40, get the DLC on sale, and tada, you've spent 44 dollars as opposed to buying ? day 1 and dropping 60+ then another 10 for DLC. 2K12 the last game I bought full price, and it'll be the last one until Halo 4.

If I knew someone who modded consoles, I wouldn't buy ? until they stopped this stuff. Volition and Rockstar are cool because they make full-on games as add-ons. These sap suckers adding characters, color swipes, and taunts asking for ten are insane.

Half Life 2 exposed game companies for me when the hacked version of the game played better than my legit version for MONTHS. Know how dumb that ? is? You buy a retail product, install it, and then the ? literally hangs or corrupt saves at random until a patch shows up to stop it. Meanwhile, you download a bootleg copy to play and it plays flawlessly front to back. What incentive is there to support retail when basement engineers do better work with the product than the company?