Remember when you all used to say hopsin wasnt going anywhere?

Options
Ajax McJones
Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in The Reason
Well sag my pants has 10 million views on Youtube, hes a 2012 XXL freshman, Thisis50 interviews, Hes on MTV, and he has already toured three different continents.

and he can still rap a broad circle around Drake/Wiz/Ross Ass

Comments

• YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Give it up, bruv, that Hopsing chap isn't going anywhere....he'll always remain a ? underground rapper.
    I detest Drake, Wiz is a lame and Ross is a ? , I'd rather bump their music over your mancrush. That Homsing cat is turrrrible!
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    Options
    not impressed by him youtube views don't mean nun if ya ain't selling fa ? it's not so much bout rap it's bout song writting talent
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont really know him but 10 milli on youtube aint bad if hes an underground rapper
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He still isnt goin anywhere
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    smh @ ? british billy.,.,
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Youtube view count manipulation by labels was already exposed, Interscope paid for this years XXL Freshman Class hence all but one of the members being signed to them, ThisIs50 is little more than a hip hop promotional blog, and no one has looked to MTV for anything music related in going on a decade now.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    He can rap but his raps is not for everyone he can a have a Tech 9 career if he plays it smart....
  • siqnih da rapper
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    He can rap but he raps is not for everyone he can a have a Tech 9 career if he plays it smart....

Everyone stretching it i think most is an honest assesment of that kinda rap. But content aside it's also about song writting and he just don't have dat gift
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    Options
    He can rap but his raps is not for everyone he can a have a Tech 9 career if he plays it smart....

Pretty much...
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He can rap but he raps is not for everyone he can a have a Tech 9 career if he plays it smart....

Everyone stretching it i think most is an honest assesment of that kinda rap. But content aside it's also about song writting and he just don't have dat gift

Songwriting is subjective....imo a song like Sag MY Pants shows he can make a song with commerical type of appeal...

• grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopsin is dope. Dude has skills and not afraid to say how he feels. 10,000,000 views for an independent artist is a huge deal. I've seen cats/hoes get signed for a fraction of that. Looking forward to hearing his collabo with RA The Rugged Man.
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    damn all from wearing contacts and rapping like eminem the white kids love him
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• siqnih da rapper
    Options

Songwriting is subjective....imo a song like Sag MY Pants shows he can make a song with commerical type of appeal...

I don't think he a song writter and what ya said don't add up that song didn't have success
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's another thing about that lame Hopson ass ? , you can tell he was heavily influenced by Eminem and his weirdness....how the hell you gonna make a video dissing Tyler the Creator and them Odd World ? while dressing in drag. Ajax McMuffin, your boy isn't gonna make it....accept it and move on. A weird ass ? like Hopalong will be chastised and scrutinized in the rap world....
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why should anyone care? Enjoy his music and leave the rest alone.
  • 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    10 mill views on youtube doesnt mean anything he wont even go gold..you can bet that
  • Texasmaniac409
    Texasmaniac409 Members Posts: 356 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopsin>>>>>>>>>>? ass lil wayne/soft ass drake
  • supersajinfo
    supersajinfo Members Posts: 461 ✭✭
    Options
    Same hopsin that used to battle ? in aol chats in 05 that ? is a joke
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    Options
    anyone who thinks ross is a ? doesnt have the right to speak on hip hop

and you cant deny his progress, i only heard about him last year and that was back when that same vid had 20,000 veiws
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    p-tavern wrote: »
    Youtube view count manipulation by labels was already exposed, Interscope paid for this years XXL Freshman Class hence all but one of the members being signed to them, ThisIs50 is little more than a hip hop promotional blog, and no one has looked to MTV for anything music related in going on a decade now.

if' he's underground, then what label manipulates his you tube views?

i don't understand the hate for hospin, dude got 10 milli views, he got at least 5 more with at least 1.5 milli plus, dude done toured 3 continents...

yet y'all hate... dude ain't my cup of tea, but i applauds dudes success...
    not impressed by him youtube views don't mean nun if ya ain't selling fa ? it's not so much bout rap it's bout song writting talent

if he's not a song writer, then how the ? did he write his songs???????????????
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    anyone who thinks ross is a ? doesnt have the right to speak on hip hop

and you cant deny his progress, i only heard about him last year and that was back when that same vid had 20,000 veiws

white boy plz anybody that praisez a cracka like feminem like hez gaawd doesnt have da rite 2 speak on hiphop...
  • alphajjc
    alphajjc Members Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    Options
    When i heard "Sag My Pants" at first I actually thought this guy could be a great and talented emcee but after a while.........He has just been so unimpressive to me
  • Presteezh
    Presteezh Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Seeing him on Suckafree in that Tech 9 video was impressive to me. I think he'll do alright. While everyone is busy saying this exposure (thisis50, xxl, MTV) means nothing they are not realizing he's doing them all at the same time and enough face time and boom you got yourself a serious artist. His controversial lyrics and stabs at other artist will help as well.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why wouldnt he blow he uses bad language skateboards looks like a devil .. another demonic rapper ... who would of never guess this guy wouldnt blow ............... smh