Big KRIT is a true underground MC

Options
HottestMcs
HottestMcs Members Posts: 35
edited March 2012 in The Reason
Big Krit is an underground MC. He fits what exactly KRS one was talking about to prove it. But do you think he'll ever go mainstream, or make a hit?

4evaNaDay Mixtape Review: http://hottestmcs.com/2012/03/rappers-rapper.html

Follow Me on Twitter @BigDaddyCaine
HottestMCs.com

Comments

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta check out his new mix tape. Is it heat in here?
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    I gotta check out his new mix tape. Is it heat in here?

Dope, not as good as R4 or Krit Wuz Here but it's still a great project
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw, i don't think he will pop off like that, he is too country and doesn't have that look to be mainstream. He will put out great music consistently too, same for Kendrick!
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the question is will def jam release his project if he doesn't have a radio single
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    Options
    U guys. c'min man KRIT is gonna go mainstream breh. didnt yall see that song he did with TI? that got MAD buzz, gettin #1 on 106 n park n ish. then that song with 8 ball n 2 chainz? c'mon B. this dude gonna blow up, n same with Kendrick. Its a WRAP, n its been a rap since last year. n even if he doesnt theres still "mainstream underground" tell me how tyler the creator is known all over MTV, the internet, got nominated for a grammy but has no videos that get heavy play on TV or the radio at all....the game has changed. mark my words
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Being number 1 on BET doesn't mean ? ? , them Cali Swag ? and other artist consistenly make it to number one and can't move units. The thing with KRIT is he doesn't have that sound or look to draw in them 14 year old ? , he has that regular ? vibe.
  • blackdemo
    Options
    Naw KRIT can make those type of hype tracks, u honestly think KRIT dont got bangers? this dude can make bangers man, im stickin to my guns n sayin he got next. watch. Jus like how me n u was sayin cole got next, im sayin this ? right here got next homie
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could careless if "mainstream" ? with Krit.....I want dude to blow but not at the exspense of his music. He doent have that poppy or trap sound and he's not light skinned lol so thats already 3 strikes against him. Just make great music and the rest will follow....
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    LMAO at calling people MC's that don't really have great rapping skills. He makes good mixtape albums with great fluidity and has some standout tracks. I really like him but he is not a standout rapper IMO.
  • southernmade
    edited March 2012
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »
    LMAO at calling people MC's that don't really have great rapping skills. He makes good mixtape albums with great fluidity and has some standout tracks. I really like him but he is not a standout rapper IMO.

you should go to one of his shows....he commands the crowd homie. You always give him back handed compliments lol thats funny. I think he can get better as a rapper, but I really dont think he's focused on becoming the most technically sound rapper. He's a song writer.....there a lot of ? who can rap circles around him who can't write a song or album for ? .

• SunflowaSeeds
    SunflowaSeeds Members Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see him blowing up actually. Hope he continues to make good music cuz usually I wind up hating them after they blow up.
  • blackdemo
    Options
    Gson have u heard "children of the world" "Something" "good enough" "moon and stars" "the vent"???? this cat is a GREAT MC.

I think krit has the ability to make that ludacris/ti type of music i mean he already does, idk whats so hard to beleive
  • blackdemo
    Options
    that ? shoulda extended the 2nd beat on 1986 man!
  • usmarin3
    Options
    blackdemo wrote: »
    Naw KRIT can make those type of hype tracks, u honestly think KRIT dont got bangers? this dude can make bangers man, im stickin to my guns n sayin he got next. watch. Jus like how me n u was sayin cole got next, im sayin this ? right here got next homie

Selling records and being a star has more to do with your ability to make the records, it's star quality, appeal,etc too. J Cole had a huge female following pre Sideline Story, Krit doesn't have that.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options

you should go to one of his shows....he commands the crowd homie. You always give him back handed compliments lol thats funny. I think he can get better as a rapper, but I really dont think he's focused on becoming the most technically sound rapper. He's a song writer.....there a lot of ? who can rap circles around him who can't write a song or album for ? .

And it will continue until until he makes some damn hits. Already enough Underground Kings. He can't be Playa Fly, he can't be UGK, he can't be blown out of proportion people like Z-Ro. He needs to help create a new lane or totally create one. I don't see it. Maybe he is the Dr. Dre or Kanye of the South though. Which would be his own lane.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackdemo wrote: »
    that ? shoulda extended the 2nd beat on 1986 man!

That's Bobby Womack "Think It Over" when the beat switch up @ the end. U don't know bout it tho. lol
  • Sweet Dick Willie
    Sweet Dick Willie Members Posts: 273
    Options
    He needs to blow, his message needs to be spread all over the world
  • southernmade
    Options

And it will continue until until he makes some damn hits. Already enough Underground Kings. He can't be Playa Fly, he can't be UGK, he can't be blown out of proportion people like Z-Ro. He needs to help create a new lane or totally create one. I don't see it. Maybe he is the Dr. Dre or Kanye of the South though. Which would be his own lane.

I understand bro....but I just take his music for what it is....dope...what you call a hit might not be what someone else calls a hit. Nobody thought J.coles's singles were hits when they first came out (unless your a stan of his)...but they still ended up being hits. You got to give dude room to grow....Tip wasnt a star when he dropped his first album...in fact that ? got dropped lol and it still took him until "Bring'em out" to really cross over....and that was off his thrid album...give Krit some time bro....