Is the GOP on the verge of Collapse?

Options
Wild Self
Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in The Social Lounge
http://nymag.com/news/features/gop-primary-heilemann-2012-3/

This article explains it all. The GOP Nomination between ? and Romney is just a nasty, white male-centered event where anyone not like them is excluded, or even forgotten. The alienation of ? / lesbians, women's rights, minorities, the young people, and immigrants may be the death blow of the GOP as the white male Baby Boomer population gradually gets smaller and smaller.

Comments

• Wild Self
    Options
    I sorta get what you mean. The GOP is falling farther and farther towards irrelevancy due to changing demographics. But haha @ America ending up like Syria.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your a day late and a dollar short. They have long fallen apart to the point where they have to get cult's to branch off like the Tea Party.
  • Wild Self
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    Wild Self wrote: »
    I sorta get what you mean. The GOP is falling farther and farther towards irrelevancy due to changing demographics. But haha @ America ending up like Syria.

Ok - maybe more like Mexico or some other hell hole third world country....yeah that new ideology/philosophy of spreading the wealth around has really helped America.

FYI - one in eight adult Americans and one in four children now survive on government food stamps. These are unbelievable numbers for the world's richest nation. Now how fair is that? given that President Obama is ALWAYS talking about fairness. So far, US politicians have failed to come up with solutions to the growing crisis. IMO they never will. IMO after Obama's reelection I have no doubt he'll amend the Constitution so he can run for his third term. I've lost any hope that I may of had since this egotistical maniac was elected.

The article is right when it stated that the GOP alienated on most "other" people's voice that it now hurting them; starting from the last election. I never seen the GOP so divided and spiritually broken before-even worse than the Republican Nomination in 2008. When your most supported nominee by the youth is a 76 year old Ron Paul, you know your party is in trouble.

On the bolded, best believe that when Gen X/Y/Z takes over, a lot of things will change for the better. It takes time for change. And change is sometimes being prevented by the aging baby boomers that are still in power. When they are gone and free up the job positions, that statistic will change.