Obama Stans/Fox News Haters/Democrats, Explain This.

Options
riddlerap
riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in The Social Lounge

Comments

• riddlerap
    Options
    Obama calls Sandra Fluke to give her support when Rush Limbaugh calls her a "? " and "prostitute" but does nothing when Bill Maher, someone who just gave a million dollars to an Obama super pac says far worse ? about Palin.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    meh in my book ? em all, democrat, republican. The only difference between them is that they tell different lies. Shame on you for not seeing that by now
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    meh in my book ? em all, democrat, republican. The only difference between them is that they tell different lies. Shame on you for not seeing that by now

word. like the same animal, but with different stripes
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bill Maher is a comedian, so it's totally cool.
  • angrymaninc
    angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Options
    well if you actually watch bill maher's show (which i do) he is not at all sexist he just really hates sarah palin (which i can cosign) so... i'm confused... what is the point to the video???
  • riddlerap
    Options
    while i dont follow Rush, i doubt he is actually sexist either.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    well if you actually watch bill maher's show (which i do) he is not at all sexist he just really hates sarah palin (which i can cosign) so... i'm confused... what is the point to the video???

the Right's entire comparison is weak juice.....pitiful actually

Bill Maher is no way near Rush Limbaugh far as popularity and political influence,Maher will admit this himself

Rush is the most listened to radio show in the nation, with millions of dollars of sponsorship
    and he averages 15 millions listeners a week

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    what's really being missed here....(intentionally no doubt) is the fact that Maher contributed to a Super Pac.

Something Obama's has absolutely no say so or control over.

I was checking out Fox News and a couple of their pundits even admitted this, but still pressed on that the money should not have been taken. But they and the rest of the conversational talk and radio,
    know that their target audience is of lesser intelligence and will not see the contradictory nature of such statements
  • Washington_Red
    Washington_Red Members Posts: 255
    Options
    This is a weak and desperate comparison. Modern Republicans are all about these kinds of false dichotomies.

Bill Maher isnt on the same level as Rush.

Bill Maher does an hour of standup once a week. Rush does political commentary 3 hours a day, 5 days a week.

One is a comedian and the other is a political demagogue who celebrates his birthdays at the Whitehouse and gives speeches at Republican party conventions.

In '94 when the Republicans took over the Congress they made him an honorary member of the Republican Caucus.

source: http://www.nytimes.com/1994/12/12/us/republicans-get-a-pep-talk-from-rush-limbaugh.html
  • young$osa
    young$osa Members Posts: 46
    Options
    Comparing political commentators and comedians is like comparing apples and oranges
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the GOP wasn't actively trying to take away women's reproductive rights rush's statements would be a non story...dude has made a healthy living making offensive statements...obama just took advantage of the situation

unfortunately both sides have questionable donors, including Romney, to their campaigns so this particular argument is weak sauce...

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    riddlerap wrote: »
    Obama calls Sandra Fluke to give her support when Rush Limbaugh calls her a "? " and "prostitute" but does nothing when Bill Maher, someone who just gave a million dollars to an Obama super pac says far worse ? about Palin.
    Yeah! & of Black people don't ever live by another set/standard of rules...right! Dontcha just love it? when this black President tries so hard to be fair....and talks out of his ass about fairness.....LMWAO!!!!
    WHY IS OBAMA'S RACE RELEVANT TO THIS DISCUSSION
    Bill Maher does an hour of standup once a week. Rush does political commentary 3 hours a day, 5 days a week.
    One is a comedian and the other is a political demagogue who celebrates his birthdays at the Whitehouse and gives speeches at Republican party conventions.
    let's be honest: Bill Maher takes himself very seriously and certainly espouses and supports political positions. i wouldn't accept it if Rush's position was "hey, i'm a radio entertainer," but i don't accept it from Maher either.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pretty much. I could care less at this point, but to be fair, Obama should probably give back the million. Bill Maher has dissed Sarah Palin's family several times, and called her a ? . I actually agree with Maher most of the time and he's a very smart man (funny as hell too) so it hurts me to say that. I won't vote for Obama but I'd rather he win than an even worse Republican.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    what exactly is the point of this thread?
    Bill Maher is not a public official nor is HBO a news channel...

Good point but neither was Rush Limbaugh, to be fair....Obama criticized Limbaugh but accepts a million from Bill Maher. Fair is fair.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    what's really being missed here....(intentionally no doubt) is the fact that Maher contributed to a Super Pac.

I was checking out Fox News and a couple of their pundits even admitted this, but still pressed on that the money should not have been taken. But they and the rest of the conversational talk and radio,
    know that their target audience is of lesser intelligence and will not see the contradictory nature of such statements

I forgot Super PACs are not directly involved with campaigns, excellent point.....
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options

I won't vote for Obama but I'd rather he win than an even worse Republican.

TBH I believe that whoever "they" want to be president is picked in advance, the whole voting ? is a dog and pony show, lets see actors....check, make-up....check, scripts....check, advertisements.....check.
    IMO

The double standard is alive and well in the White House - Other than voting him out of office,there's no much I can do. Yeah! I forgot about finding another country - maybe when us poor old white people retire and they can't really afford to you'll show a little respect...I doubt it, but at least I can axe! BTW I'll be gone from this site when Obama get re-elected....little white babies are the target of the NBPP and some Black Professor (s) wanna exterminate the entire white race....so what the ? is a poor old white dude gonna do? - yeah! find some peaceful country that ain't out to do me and mine in by any means necessary. Oh well that's the new Black America.

Dude your pretty smart and I dont know if this your internet personality or not but your head cant be that far up your ass to think that the plan is for white folks to get ? over, black people havent gotten ? from this president in terms of preferential treatment, you name one ? thing. As far as im concerned if we cant all come together in this country and fight for our freedoms were all ? . This has nothing to do with race. This is the same problem @itsover2012 has.
  • Washington_Red
    Washington_Red Members Posts: 255
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    riddlerap wrote: »
    Yeah! & of Black people don't ever live by another set/standard of rules...right! Dontcha just love it? when this black President tries so hard to be fair....and talks out of his ass about fairness.....LMWAO!!!!
    WHY IS OBAMA'S RACE RELEVANT TO THIS DISCUSSION
    let's be honest: Bill Maher takes himself very seriously and certainly espouses and supports political positions. i wouldn't accept it if Rush's position was "hey, i'm a radio entertainer," but i don't accept it from Maher either.

Bill Maher's support of politicians is no different than any other private citizen. On top of that, Maher has artistic license to say whatever he wants. He's not a journalist or member of the government, he's a comedian.

Rush isnt an entertainer. He's not a comedian or musician or actor. He's more of a political pundit representing Conservatism.

• kingblaze84
    Options

I won't vote for Obama but I'd rather he win than an even worse Republican.

TBH I believe that whoever "they" want to be president is picked in advance, the whole voting ? is a dog and pony show, lets see actors....check, make-up....check, scripts....check, advertisements.....check.
    IMO

The double standard is alive and well in the White House - Other than voting him out of office,there's no much I can do. Yeah! I forgot about finding another country - maybe when us poor old white people retire and they can't really afford to you'll show a little respect...I doubt it, but at least I can axe! BTW I'll be gone from this site when Obama get re-elected....little white babies are the target of the NBPP and some Black Professor (s) wanna exterminate the entire white race....so what the ? is a poor old white dude gonna do? - yeah! find some peaceful country that ain't out to do me and mine in by any means necessary. Oh well that's the new Black America.

Dude your pretty smart and I dont know if this your internet personality or not but your head cant be that far up your ass to think that the plan is for white folks to get ? over, black people havent gotten ? from this president in terms of preferential treatment, you name one ? thing. As far as im concerned if we cant all come together in this country and fight for our freedoms were all ? . This has nothing to do with race. This is the same problem I have with @itsover2012

Yeah! I'm smart - how many time does any individual need to be told there opinions are racist/OR there haters just because they have a mind of there own & I don't need this government to tell ME what to buy or what kind of car I have to buy. Life isn't always fair - but this President is determined to force people to think the way he thinks otherwise he labels them haters and they don't wanna help the less fortunate - ? this country has a safety net for those who can't truly help themselves. IMO other than a few posters I feel that to many black Americans are the MOST ungrateful people this nation has ever birthed.

I treat my fellow Americans with respect - & help many folks within my communities....but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be enough....this President wants me to spread the wealth around....I'm considered poor given my income -- WTF? This black man has divided the country and he will destroy it. His billion war chest has NO limitations and I don't trust him -- he will lie chest and do whatever it takes to bring this country down....for what HE BELIEVES it should be. I will never do any business with black people in the future....you hate on me and mine so much for things I've NEVER done to blacks folks....

WHY in the ? should I want 2 patronize your place of business??/service etc. I can't judge someone who I don't personally know....so content is all I have to go on - the content I see within these pages are pretty telling...one that REALLY irked me was the black professor who wants to exterminate white people to solve black peoples problems....WTF? The NBPP wants to ? all white babies....& some within this site find that funny - WTF is funny about it? again you can take a firm stance or co-sign and claim your only kidding....well grow some damn ? and take a stance. Don't do your damn ? double standard ? on me buddy....people are getting sicked and tired of the two faced hypocrisy.

Hey, that professor you mentioned was only talking about his frustration with white America, and believe me, it's understandable. You're white so you don't understand, but white people have been extremely evil in American history. You know the funny thing? Black people for the most part still don't hate white people, but frustration does kick in time to time seeing the injustice that goes on in the criminal justice system and other segments of govt. Just because some Black people say some things doesn't mean you have to single out every Black person out there. Do what you want, but just understand for every WORD a Black man may say against White people, there are 5 DEAD Black bodies. Never forget what you white people did in Africa. It is what it is.
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

They don't hear you tho... Unless this was specified on fox news that is a non factor lol
  • @Mr_Lauderdale
    @Mr_Lauderdale Members Posts: 6
    Options
    sheit...u wanna donate a mil..damn right i"ll take it...and every politician would too
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is dumb. there is no double standard

if i was obama i wouldnt call and apologize to sarah palin either. why should he? palin hates him. has told blatant lies about him. and IS a ? ? .

has sarah palin called obama and apologized for ? the racists/birthers/"he's a secret muslim" morons say/have said at her rallies and such?

no. in fact sh continues to egg these people on. obama is absolutely in the right on this
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Bill Maher's support of politicians is no different than any other private citizen. On top of that, Maher has artistic license to say whatever he wants. He's not a journalist or member of the government, he's a comedian.
    uh... Rush Limbaugh is a private citizen, and he's not a journalist or a member of the government either. so by your logic, does he not have artistic license to say what he wants?
    Rush isnt an entertainer. He's not a comedian or musician or actor. He's more of a political pundit representing Conservatism.
    see, this is where you're wrong: he IS an entertainer. it just happens to be in the form of "loudmouth talk radio host who talks about politics and society instead of sports." oddly enough, Maher also spends HIS time talking about politics and society instead of sports. the only real difference seems to be that Maher has literally worked as a stand-up comedian, although i don't recall when the last time he did that was.

fundamentally, though, what this boils down to is that you like Maher and you don't like Rush, so you won't cut Rush the same slack you'd cut Maher. personally, i happen to think they're both ? idiots and i don't watch or listen to either of their shows. maybe this gives me a more neutral perspective?
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fox is just trying to spin the situation in the Right's favor ...we all know none of this would have ever happened if the GOP weren't actively trying to take away women's reproduction rights during an election year and had the party distanced themselves from controversial figures like Rush sooner...but the party has been highjacked by extremist

Obama just capitalized on the situation ... just like how the Republicans couldn't wait to blame the president for rising gas prices, but when Bush was running/in office they were quick to blame everyone/everything but him... sadly that's the game of politics

i'm more concerned with Obama's wall street contributors than Maher...that's the bigger story than whether or not he should accept money from a notoriously liberal comedian, or personally apologize to every single person his campaign contributors have ever offended, which would take a lifetime....

whole thing is stupid

• Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heres the deal

RUSH HAS SPONSORS... thats the only reason he apologized .. he doesnt really give a ? .

Bill Maher doesnt

deal with it
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    ghost tho wrote: »
    riddlerap wrote:

props.

Bill Maher is a comdiean, Rush is a known hate monger. BIG difference...btw ur a ? ? n a half if ur a Fox News fan cuz theyre no fans of you can yours. Seriously.

That's all i really have to say on the matter