4 More Years

Options
A.J. Trillzynski
A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in The Social Lounge
President Obama got us out of Iraq, killed bin Laden, saved the Auto Industry, reformed Wall Street, expanded Health Care, and fights for the Working Class. 4 more years is on the way because he's done a good job, get used to it.

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    Yeah! he's done a fantastic job - Now here's reality. When are black people gonna wake up? Many of your so-called leaders are actually your worst enemy and there the same color. STOP blaming whitey for ALL of your problems and things will improve & stop following them idiots like Maxine Waters and them racist haters of the CDC.

Black leaders have been telling black children that they are VICTIMS from the time they are born until the time they die. Telling people they are a victim and they are OWED because they are a victim creates a dependency on government and the so-called black leaders throughout their lives. WHEN are black leaders going to tell these children that they are CREATIVE, VIBRANT human beings who can lead beautiful and productive lives? WHEN are black leaders going to address single mothers having children and spending their lives dependent on government welfare[/b]? When are black leaders going to stress the importance of the family unit versus government being their daddy and their ? ? Black Leaders should start looking at themselves for the sad and serious devastation they have caused to multiple generations of the black population. Stop all this racism ? - and help restore faith, the family unit, and independence from government.

Stop waiting for black leaders to tell you ? !

Last I checked there are plenty of black people out here telling kids the exact thing you saying. The difference they are not the ones in from of the camera or behind a radio mic. All those so called black leaders are trying to be the next MLK. There arent anymoe black leaders. Because even when MLK was alive, lots of black people didnt follow him, let alone like him. But now since he is pretty much a Saint, everyone over 70 wants to say they was apart of the movement.

My grandmother ? rest her soul was honest as hell. She was like she wasnt getting out there to get beat by them white folks. I dont agree with it but I can respect that. In the end you do what you wan to do! We dont need black leaders, we just need more good examples. The good thing is more of those are appearing everyday.
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Some things he did wrong like draining the already problemed Social Security Fund. He took all the money that was left in the fund and sent it to the military. Now, when you don't have any retirement money to fall back on when you get older, you can thank your Obama. Yes, the system was already in trouble. But, he ruined any chance of a recovery with his decision.

Homelessness and unemployment is at a all time high. Medicare is harder and more expensive to get. People in poverty has increased. We are still starting wars for oil.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some things he did wrong like draining the already problemed Social Security Fund. He took all the money that was left in the fund and sent it to the military. Now, when you don't have any retirement money to fall back on when you get older, you can thank your Obama. Yes, the system was already in trouble. But, he ruined any chance of a recovery with his decision.

Homelessness and unemployment is at a all time high. Medicare is harder and more expensive to get. People in poverty has increased. We are still starting wars for oil.

be more specific!!!!
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Social Security is getting cut off. Social Security taxes are on the rise, yet its not going to social security.

Another note. Gas prices are still too damn high.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Excellent post, Obama hasn't changed America much at all. I feel like Bush is still in office. We're wasting billions a week in wars, and meanwhile, FEMA has just told states hit by the tornadoes they won't receive much immediate help. AT the same time, we have resources to build things in foreign countries. No way in hell I'm voting for a con man fraud like Obama again, ? him.
  • whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Draining Social Security is not something Obama has done. It is common practice by the Federal government to use the Social security surplus to pay for other issues. Currently social security runs with a yearly surplus, primarily due to the interest the fund earns from the money it loaned the federal government. Every year part of the deficient is a loan the SS fund makes to the general fund. Obama has done nothing that every president in the last 50 years has done regarding the SS fund.

On debt Obama has added ~3 Trillion to the debt while Bush added ~7.5 trillion. If you examine debt as a percentage increase Reagan raised the debt by 168%, Bush I by 49%, Bush II by 80%, Obama by 37%. Granted he still has a year left to add to his first term totals by he is in line with other republican presidents. The Democratic presidents Carter increased the debt by 36% and Clinton in 2 terms by 22%. I always get a kick out of how mad Republicans get when a Democratic President acts Republican.

Obama administration avoided the economy entering a depression. This was the intended outcome of the various stimulus packages and it worked. While the recession has been severe it would have been much worse had the Bush and Obama administration not acted as they did. Further much of TARP has been paid back. Of the 414 Billion dispersed 324 billion has been recouped.

Obama's foreign policy has been an outstanding success. Iraq war ended. Libya sees regime change. Drone war expanded with brutal effect on the Taliban and Al Qaeda. Serious issues remain Iran, North Korea, and Afghanistan but he has complied a string of wins here.

I will definitely be voting for this guy again.
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wow yall mad for nothing dude has done a great job it sad that some of yall cant admit it. we really gonna blame the pres for gas prices. lets see he give a tax holiday yall smart what does that do to demand? now how does that effect gas prices for the future? y also how does the president have anything to do with gas prices. we dont need voter id and the econmy we scewed before he got there and there is no way you can say he has worked to fix it. heyslick where is that republican jobs plan? yall been in controll for a while now dont see you doing much.
  • whar
    Options
    I don't know what ID has to do with his re-election. If it is a reference to voter fraud that is virtually non-existent. DOJ charges about 15 people a year with voter fraud. If it was a problem there would be more cases. There is the push on the right to add requirements to voting to help suppress the vote overall and thereby increase the voice of the most strident portion of the electorate. As is pointed out in a separate thread the Republican party is in trouble focusing on a shrinking portion of the electorate. If they can suppress the casual voter it gives them more time in power.

As for the Constitution if Reagan didn't do it no one is going too. In Obama's case it would require states like Texas and Oklahoma to agree to extend him a 3rd term. That is impossible.
  • whar
    Options
    The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

Article 5 of the Constitution

For an amendment to the Constitution to occur the following must be true

It is 1808 or later
    AND
    (67 Senator vote for it
    366 Congressmen vote for it
    OR
    34 state legislatures approve it)
    THEN to be ratified
    38 States must approve the measure. This can be by popular vote within the state or by majority of the state legislature
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he could just signed an executive order. we been established the supremacy of the fed why is this still a fight. worried about the size of state gov't guess what get some people in office that want smaller gov but you know what the tea party did nothing ...... thast right nothing no jobs bill no real reduction of govt or budget nothing.... you worried about the pres. you should be worried about a party of people who would harm us all to get at one person.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    lordhonka2 wrote: »
    wow yall mad for nothing dude has done a great job it sad that some of yall cant admit it.
    really, we should wait until the president is well out of office to rate the job he's done.
    whar wrote: »
    As for the Constitution if Reagan didn't do it no one is going too. In Obama's case it would require states like Texas and Oklahoma to agree to extend him a 3rd term. That is impossible.
    100% fact
    Are you telling me the constitution cannot be amended...what do the states have to do with this issue.
    WHAT
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    lordhonka2 wrote: »
    wow yall mad for nothing dude has done a great job it sad that some of yall cant admit it. we really gonna blame the pres for gas prices. lets see he give a tax holiday yall smart what does that do to demand? now how does that effect gas prices for the future? y also how does the president have anything to do with gas prices. we dont need voter id and the econmy we scewed before he got there and there is no way you can say he has worked to fix it. heyslick where is that republican jobs plan? yall been in controll for a while now dont see you doing much.

Serious question.......why do you think Obama loves an endless war in Afghanistan that is expensive while the nation has a 16 trillion dollar deficit, while cutting federal funding for states all over the nation? Homelessness and affordable housing is decreasing every day while inflation is increasing, so in your opinion, why is Obama so hellbent on wasting money in Afghanistan?

Also, why do you think Obama increased the Bush tax cuts, despite campaigning against them so much in 2008 (lol)?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Serious question.......why do you think Obama loves an endless war in Afghanistan that is expensive while the nation has a 16 trillion dollar deficit, while cutting federal funding for states all over the nation? Homelessness and affordable housing is decreasing every day while inflation is increasing, so in your opinion, why is Obama so hellbent on wasting money in Afghanistan?

Also, why do you think Obama increased the Bush tax cuts, despite campaigning against them so much in 2008 (lol)?

to get republicans off his ass lol
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2012
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

to get republicans off his ass lol

The sad thing is that you're actually right....when the heat gets too hot, Obama caves in. Not what I expected when I voted for him 4 years ago
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Social Security is getting cut off. Social Security taxes are on the rise, yet its not going to social security.

Another note. Gas prices are still too damn high.

President dont control gas prices.

• redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    Options
    dude you wake up with hate in your heart
  • janklow
    Options
    They sure as hell do -
    "alright, let's make it simple: gas prices went up to high levels under George W. Bush. was he responsible for that?"
  • janklow
    Options
    I'll betcha he never took on such complacency as President Obama - DAMN! at least show a little gumption instead of throwing up your arms and saying there's no silver bullet....talk about lack of leadership skills - IMO Good leaders don't have such defeatist attitudes....talk is cheap! How much longer are folks gonna use Bush for their own failure (s) to get the job done. I guess the days of 'the buck stops here' IS OVER. IMO if YOU can't handle the heat get the ? out of the kitchen
    please don't dodge my question with a statement that Bush would have shown gumption and then ranting about Obama.

we know for a FACT that gas prices rose to a high level under Bush. i personally don't hold him responsible for this, because i don't think the president has the kind of influence on it that many on the internet think he does, so if you were to claim that i am blaming anything on Bush, you're completely wrong.

so again: are you saying George Bush was responsible for gas prices rising to a high level during his presidency?
  • janklow
    Options
    Let's stop this ? - In your world Obama can do NO wrong and in my world he can't DO anything right,end of story.
    what ? are we stopping? maybe it's you claiming that i think Obama can do no wrong, since this in no ways reflects my politics or how i feel about Obama? if you're resulting to claiming i am a rabid Obama fan in order to DODGE MY QUESTION, then that's just sad.