ID to vote yay or Nay?

Options
redhandedbandit
redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in The Social Lounge
in texas they are trying to pass a law that requires one to have an id to vote. I disagree with this position because the only reason most 18 19 yr olds get id is to drive so the folks who dont drive cant vote?

Comments

• Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ID to vote violates the inherent right to vote, and violates your right to privacy. SMH @ if you can't vote without ID. Where folks gonna actually draw a line in the sand and not budge.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    theoretically, you don't need to be driving to get ID, if that's your concern.
  • redhandedbandit
    Options
    what im saying is that if you have no car or access to a car why buy an id
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i have no problem with it.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Requiring some form of ID doesn't seem bad.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    another one of those old ass issues that always seem to come up
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @heyslick, take Odumbass ? out you mouth son. This ? is getting ridiculous. Anyway I see nothing wrong with needing some form of ID to Vote. I the ? island you need to have your voters card present in order to vote, while them mother ? have a copy of the same card.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    lol you cats are trippinnnnn

Offcourse you need to show some sort of ID (Drivers License/Passport whatever) when you're going to vote or do some official ? linked to your name(fraud anyone?)

no wonder the crime rate is so high in the states....its paradise for fraud n ? ...hmmm....maybe I'll come over this month just to get some easy moneyyyyyyyy

• In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If your legal age why would you not have a state i.d? Its $20 at the most.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    oh wait or is this about getting an specific ID? (not a passport/drivers license etc are not 'accepted') you need to buy a fresh ID card?

in that case your local government is going for that easy moneyyyyyyy
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    MrSoutCity wrote: »
    @heyslick, take Odumbass ? out you mouth son. This ? is getting ridiculous. Anyway I see nothing wrong with needing some form of ID to Vote. I the ? island you need to have your voters card present in order to vote, while them mother ? have a copy of the same card.

The bolded - now listen up and tell me something isn't right about what the AG is doing....? I'm not gonna supply the info go and find out for yourself....it's underhanded and sneaky...NOW that's he's got it tied up in the courts...watch and see how the NBPP suddenly appear at these voting centers to enforce the no ID requirement....these administration is pushing the envelope to the max...and trying every thing they can to circumvent the constitution. SO you ? hate corrupt politicians but if there black you love whatever they do......talk about hypocrisy.

Read my entire post again. I don't like Obama nor any other politician. But you on the other hand seems to be obsess with the president.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what im saying is that if you have no car or access to a car why buy an id

Because ID doesn't = drivers license. ID just means you have a card in which it identifies you, it doesn't give you permission to drive and has NOTHING to do with driving. Many things today require ID, not a drivers license, but an ID. So it doesn't hurt to have ID on you at all times.
  • VIBE
    Options
    You know, if you really wanted to pretend you're not racist you'd leave out the word "black" in every little post you make. You can't resist making the little remarks you do about blacks, you gotta include it in almost every post. This isn't "the BLACK president", it's OBAMA. Were you calling any president beforehand, "this WHITE president" ? I'm 100% certain you weren't.
  • redhandedbandit
    Options
    im just saying i know people who didnt get ids until they were in their 20's why get an id if you dont need one
  • redhandedbandit
    Options
    i dont show an id when i go to vote the people at the polling place know me...why should you need an id
  • VIBE
    Options
    Don't need an ID? My dude, you need an ID for many things. You get carded for liquor, checks, applications, forms etc.. ID is important to have, only dudes I ever knew who didn't pick up an ID right away out of high school were low lives who mooched off of people. An ID = flexibility w many things.
  • redhandedbandit
    Options
    you cant drink until you are 21 you can sign a check to someone to cash it for you and so these "low lifes" you speak of shouldnt have a right to vote
  • redhandedbandit
    Options
    why you mad tho
    you cant drink until you are 21 you can sign a check to someone to cash it for you and so these "low lifes" you speak of shouldnt have a right to vote

? -IT let's just allow anything and anybody to vote...? a bunch of rules...bring your dogs along and your next door neighbors dog to vote in the new world order.....lets just open up the southern border and let them ? vote for Obama...hes gonna give them amnesty anyway. YOUR ? STUPID!

• redhandedbandit
    Options
    this was never brought up in the past so why now and only in republican states
  • VIBE
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    You know, if you really wanted to pretend you're not racist you'd leave out the word "black" in every little post you make. You can't resist making the little remarks you do about blacks, you gotta include it in almost every post. This isn't "the BLACK president", it's OBAMA. Were you calling any president beforehand, "this WHITE president" ? I'm 100% certain you weren't.

So you can't figure out/surmise I'm being considerate by making distinctions in my point of view....see that's your problem your trying to figure me out. I always reference my comments about black people e.g.,some, many a lot a few etc. Can most within this site say the same when they claim how wicked white people be/are? and all the harm they've done to black people....I don't think so.

Oh BTW I used to call bush a ? all the time when he was President & my very first post here was calling for the impeachment of that sorry bastard. See in this new world order it's cool to demean white people and put them down like dogs....& the black people are THE most superior beings if it weren't for us terrible wicked white people THEY would be leaders of the free world.

I'm confused, being considerate? About what? Saying "black" instead of the N word? Because what distinction do you need to make when talking about Obama?

I'm not trying to figure you out, you're easy to read. You obviously have a very BIG problem w the black community and everything they do or say. You have a problem w Obama, seemingly because the sole fact he's black. You tend to capitalize that word quite often and use that all the time in a racist fashion (i.e. that BLACK president...). There's emphasis on the word black. You're also like a little kid, you see others talking about "wicked whites" and catch feelings and say, "hey, I can do the same, watch me!" I just laugh and move on, they aren't talking about ME, they're talking about a specific group of "wicked whites", and you just fall for it hook line and sinker like a ? and get trolled.

The 2nd bolded shows once more again you have a BIG problem w black people, emphasizing THEY like it would've been a bad thing.

SMH, every time you try to defend yourself, you make yourself look more stupid.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    this was never brought up in the past so why now and only in republican states

Exactly what I stated in a prior thread... never was an issue before but since Obama became President all these Republican States started pushing and some cases passing new laws requiring IDs to vote when it was never required in the first place.
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why do we need an id is the question you supporters need to ask. why do we need one right now. after allthis time why now Im a registered voter witch means im already on the roll to vote. in nc i give my name and adress they look it up a second person looks it up and i vote. why do i need an id? how many people are breaking down doors to go vote. more than half of all americans that can vote dont vote. what are we protecting ourselves from. fruaud of who dead people shouldnt be on the roll. fictious people cant register cause you gonna need proof of address for that.
    its stupid white (not all) fear of being overun by others. whites( not all) cant handle equality of power with others so they change the rules (historical fact)
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There has never been a requirement to show ID. The showing of a bill with your address, birth cretic ate and docil should be enough. Those are proper I D. This ? is about suppressing votes. This Voters ID hit disenfranchise the poor because some don't have the money or transportation to get that ID. Why would the ? the ban a school ID as invalid when you're attending school out of state. All these red states are trying to minimize the black vote.
  • lordhonka2
    Options
    voter id law does not equal fixing the economy it just changes the subject. president obama gonna lanslide win this next election[
  • lordhonka2
    Options
    There has never been a requirement to show ID. The showing of a bill with your address, birth cretic ate and docil should be enough. Those are proper I D. This ? is about suppressing votes. This Voters ID hit disenfranchise the poor because some don't have the money or transportation to get that ID. Why would the ? the ban a school ID as invalid when you're attending school out of state. All these red states are trying to minimize the black vote.

they love to change the rules when they cant win its the white american way