If You Could Design Your Own Chain / Medallion, What Would it Be?

Options
Logic Last
Logic Last Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Reason
Just asking.

Comments

• Talk_Of_NY
    Talk_Of_NY Members Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    the g unit chain was the best ive ever seen, second to nas's
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    jesus piece in color
    like carmelo's
    source.jpg
  • FrozenMind
    FrozenMind Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    jesus piece in color
    like carmelo's
    source.jpg

Shirt matching the piece?
    I agree.
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    A giant box of laundrey detergent

or Mr. Clean's head

Or a ? polar bear baby
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I always liked the Roc chain
  • BillDance
    BillDance Members Posts: 1,008
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Hi i'm worth 100k..snatch me please.
  • ImGettingOld
    ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I would go to who ever did ross face medallion
  • tab58064
    tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I would go to who ever did ross face medallion
    Listen, this dude ha been outted a few times for be fraudulent so I have no problem with believe that much of his jewelry is either fake, rented, or of extremely low quality. The sad thing about that ? is that if he had to sell that ? tomorrow he couldn't get anywhere near what he paid for it, because those the diamonds ain't worth ? , it's all about the gold. Let's say he has 500 stones in one charm & he paid $30 per stone. Well at best a jeweler will be willing to give him $5-$8 per stone. Diamonds are of no value in those small sizes when it comes to resale unless you find someone who knows nothing about the jewelry game to buy the ? from you because they like it, but if you have to go to a shop to try to sell that ? , you get pennies on the dollar for it.

Diamonds are only worth something when they are rare, super clean/almost flawless & big single stones.....not small chips. The ? that Ross & a whole lot of other rappers & ? like us get are commercial grade stones of low quality but clear to the eye. In some cases the ? that these guys are getting is masonite, high quality CZs, etc. And those colored stones are man made. That doesn't mean that they aren't real, but they are low quality stones that are put thru a process to make them change into those colors. Most of these guys couldn't afford real mined fancy (colored) diamonds, because they are just that expensive. They certainly couldn't afford the huge amounts that they have in their chains, charms, ears, & on their fingers & wrist! A lot of this black ? is actually black onyx & not even diamonds. I could go all day about this ? . It's good to know an honest jeweler. Fortunately I met one & dealt with him for years in the Diamond District in NYC, but he only began to school me after I spent good money with him over a period of years & sent a lot of business his way.
  • tab58064
    tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Damn, I went on so long in my last post that I didn't even answer the T/S's question. I would never design a piece with my face on it, or that clown ? with cereal boxes, cartoon characters and ? like that. I'd buy high quality heavy gold chain with a play similar to what Diddy is wearing now-a-days. ? would have to be at least 18kt gold & the chain would have links that look like paper-clips but wider & polished gold ? with twisted rope designs accenting each gold ball between the links. The charm would be round, but that's as far as I can get right now, because I would want some ill design that I can't even describe right now. LOL!! I would have stones in it, but nothing too crazy.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    moissanite
    or silicon carbide
    and to be truthfully honest i'd rather buy moissanite than real diamonds
    the only reason diamonds are so expensive is because of the monopoly over the diamond mines
    silicon carbide is almost as hard as a diamond (9-9.5) on the Mohs scale of mineral hardness whereas a diamond is a 10
    it shines brighter than a diamond
    and it won't burn as quick as a diamond would
    plus its cheaper
  • finboy
    finboy Members Posts: 109
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i'd save the cash and put a down-payment on a place in hawaii, probably enjoy it more
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    finboy wrote: »
    i'd save the cash and put a down-payment on a place in hawaii, probably enjoy it more

but then u coulndt wear it around ure neck and let people u dnt give a ? about think you got money so whats the point?