Spinoff of a Spinoff...if Jay-Z was white, would he be the highest selling rapper?

Options
Punisher__
Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Reason
If you compare numbers, he's only trailing Em by like 20 million.

Imagine if he was white...

Comments

• reef hustle_ahh
    reef hustle_ahh Members Posts: 461
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yep...its time to log off
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You think esom was big last yr that single would've been twice as big if jay was white..

If jay was white his sales>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Either way i think nowadays white fans probably outnumber the fans of any other race, due to all the music that is classified as "RAP", that they can relate to, with styles of clothes changing etc and play a strong part in an artists sale and popularity today..

But I think if jAY was white, he would only be a highest selling artist if he had simliar content like EM...

cause it seems white fans find it easy to relate to the "my dad penetrated my ass" type of lyrics that Em drops.. and the "butt ? the game up" lyrics, that he has... so if Jay was white AND had that, then i'd say odds are YES he'd be number 1 in sales, probably alongside EM also
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »
    Either way i think nowadays white fans probably outnumber the fans of any other race, due to all the music that is classified as "RAP", that they can relate to, with styles of clothes changing etc and play a strong part in an artists sale and popularity today..

But I think if jAY was white, he would only be a highest selling artist if he had simliar content like EM...

cause it seems white fans find it easy to relate to the "my dad penetrated my ass" type of lyrics that Em drops.. and the "butt ? the game up" lyrics, that he has... so if Jay was white AND had that, then i'd say odds are YES he'd be number 1 in sales, probably alongside EM also

all this...
  • FrozenMind
    FrozenMind Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Not another one of these threads. We had enough on the diamond one.