Bears RB Matt Forte feels disrespected over the Michael Bush signing

Options
Jdilla26
Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Matt Forte ✔@MattForte22 There's only so many times a man that has done everything he's been asked to do can be disrespected! Guess the GOOD GUYS do finish last....
22 Mar 12

If ur a Bears fan ur probably tired of hearing about Matt Forte contract Bears offered him a 14 million guaranteed money but he declined b/c he wanted what D'Angelo Williams contract with 20 million guranteed and the Bears just signed Michael Bush to back up Forte and he signed for 4yrs 14 million with 7 mill guaranteed. Matt Forte is due 7.7 million this season due to the franchis tag. I like Matt Forte very good running back and he been most of the Bears offense for the past few years but its all a part of the business....In my opinion, Emery has done a hell of a job this off-season re-signing some players while also bringing in some much needed help. Just because signing Forte to a long-term deal wasn't the first thing on his to-do list doesn't mean it isn't there.Going to this very public route with Forte complaining and his agent talking to reporters just seems like a bad way to build a relationship with a new general manager. Because Forte went that route already and it didnt work
work

Comments

• bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Forte has the upper hand kinda. It'll be easier for him to find a team to give him the money he wants, than it will be for the Bears to find a RB that can produce like him and doesn't want a big contract.
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Forte has the upper hand kinda. It'll be easier for him to find a team to give him the money he wants, than it will be for the Bears to find a RB that can produce like him and doesn't want a big contract.

I am not so sure about that . RB's are easy as hell to find . yea Forte is tight . But IMO backs are the easiest position to replace .
  • Jdilla26
    Options
    ^^^Agreed i like Forte puttin up numbers but RB's have a short life span its very hard to find any team that will commit to what he wants. Forte doesnt hold any cards plus with a Brandon Marshall @ WR he will no longer have to be the #1 reciever on the team.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    RB's are a dime a dozen.
    It would be much easier to hand Bush the starting job (or even find a cheaper replacement) next year as opposed to overpaying for Forte's talents.
  • Mrslim1
    Options
    Also when was the last time a back lead a team to a Superbowl title .
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    forte needs to realize he's expendable, i dont blame him though its soul crushing when your peers are getting paid way more than you are.....but talented rb's are not hard to come by plus this is a dual back league now......bush can basically do everything he does, he's just not as fast......
    i remember him going ape sit when CJ got his deal
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    Forte is an elite RB in the league. They can find another RB, but it'd be hard to find one as good as him. I'm just saying I think Forte will get a big contract before the Bears get another RB as good as Forte
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I understand why he's ? but he's gonna see its the best thing for him this year.
    Now he's got a running back to take pressure off him
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not too many backs can do what Forte does though (catch, run,etc), especially that anemic Bears offense.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need to Wrap Forte up , yea Bush is a load to tackle and can pass catch but he's not as explosive as Forte ..

Forte was their Offense last year , this is why i understand when Athletes act an ass when it comes to $ , cuz ownership and a franchise will act like you never done ? for them as soon as your contract comes to a end by playing that nice guy ? ....put ya ? foot down

Athletes have to be selfish because deep down if the Owners could they wouldnt pay a ? sould out on the field, these dudes be billionaires owning teams and cheap as ?
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pay the man...
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watch how much they use Bush to chew into Forte touches upcoming season, so by the end of the year they'll use that against him in contract talks and say how his stats fell off
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Pay the man...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Forte go get his money from the Bears, the Bush signing was in case Forte decides to hold out
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they ? him over... They didnt pay him last year. then he ballled out then got hurt. Then they franchise him smh...
  • windycity2117
    windycity2117 Members Posts: 9,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pay the man...

He has earn a new contract. Does everything for the offense but play QB. I hope they can get it done and keep him in Chicago
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    on one hand I'm like "yeah forte you deserve to get paid family"

then on the other hand I'm like: "You greedy ? . You turned down a guaranteed 14 million dollar contract!? Are you fuckn serious??? ? . That's why I don't ? with you athletes. 'Oh, whoa is me. The organization is ONLY offering me 14 million dollars. I want 20 million cause that man over there got 20 million. Oh its modern day slavery how they pay me more than every other profession. Yeah its 14million but how do they expect me to live off of 14 million for the rest of my life?' Fuckn ? ."
  • windycity2117
    windycity2117 Members Posts: 9,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To top it off he has been getting it done with little to no O line. The Bears O line is weak & can't protect. Chicago owners be ? up. Never want to pay the players that earn their contract
  • Jdilla26
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    on one hand I'm like "yeah forte you deserve to get paid family"then on the other hand I'm like: "You greedy ? . You turned down a guaranteed 14 million dollar contract!? Are you fuckn serious??? ? . That's why I don't ? with you athletes. 'Oh, whoa is me. The organization is ONLY offering me 14 million dollars. I want 20 million cause that man over there got 20 million. Oh its modern day slavery how they pay me more than every other profession. Yeah its 14million but how do they expect me to live off of 14 million for the rest of my life?' Fuckn ? ."

^^^Exactly he was offered what the Bears could give him but he thinks he deserves the money DAngelo Williams got 20 Mill guaranteed but that was stupid of the Panthers b/c Williams got hurt off of that plus its a business.....He's good player but he should have accepted the 14 mill now he's franchised. The bears have to also lock up Culter after the season.

• Jdilla26
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    THey should pay that man..

Cant he hold out?.. THat what I would do.. CJ2000 held out and got the money he wanted..
    Then when he got that money he played like ? most of the season
  • Mrslim1
    Options
    Dont do it Chicago . Running Backs are not worth all that cash . They dont lead teams to titles. 1100 yard backs grow on trees in the NFL . Only reason I would say give him the bread is if they feel they can win the title this year . But with GB and Detroit in their division I dont even see them making the playoffs.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Definitely top-5 most ? on players in the league.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    on one hand I'm like "yeah forte you deserve to get paid family"then on the other hand I'm like: "You greedy ? . You turned down a guaranteed 14 million dollar contract!? Are you fuckn serious??? ? . That's why I don't ? with you athletes. 'Oh, whoa is me. The organization is ONLY offering me 14 million dollars. I want 20 million cause that man over there got 20 million. Oh its modern day slavery how they pay me more than every other profession. Yeah its 14million but how do they expect me to live off of 14 million for the rest of my life?' Fuckn ? ."

^^^Exactly he was offered what the Bears could give him but he thinks he deserves the money DAngelo Williams got 20 Mill guaranteed but that was stupid of the Panthers b/c Williams got hurt off of that plus its a business.....He's good player but he should have accepted the 14 mill now he's franchised. The bears have to also lock up Culter after the season.

? won't hear you though

every contract signed in the NFL affects someone else's contract

and every muhfucka wants to one up the next guy....athletes are literally ? in the barrel when it comes to salary and they don't even realize it
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should pay him, He saw himself on Frank Gore level, 18-20 mil range. He provided 52% of the Bears Offense last year. If it wasn't for a missed block that lead to his injury, Forte would have been past the thousand yard mark.
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    I wanna see if Bush is gonna be as good as people think he's gonna be. It makes me raise an eyebrow when more than 1 RB does really well on a team cuz it may be the O-Line. Remember when Bradshaw, Jacobs, and Ward were killin it in NY? Looked like they had 3 good RB's in the backfield, turns out it was just 1 decent/good RB (Bradshaw). Mcfadden and Bush may be similar. Mcfadden's a beast and avg'd 5+ yards a carry the past 2 years. Bush behind the same line got 3.8 and 4.1 yards a carry.