Could you ? a family member who was suffering

Options
In Your Moms Room
In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in AKA Donkey
Say him or her was suffering from throat cancer and was suffering. Always in pain. They asked you to ? them. Would you do it?
This story inspried the thread.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/22/randall-willis-shot-his-wife_n_1373761.html?1332453141&icid=maing-grid7|maing5|dl17|sec1_lnk3&pLid=145870

A Florida man shot and killed his wife while she was sleeping on Tuesday because he didn't want her to feel anymore pain.

Randall Willis, 61, was arrested shortly after he called 911 to report that he'd shot his terminally ill wife, Gilda, in the head, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

The haunting tape, obtained by Bay News 9, details Willis' alleged confession to a dispatcher:

Willis: I just shot my wife.
Dispatch: What exactly happened?
Willis: She just suffered too much.

Willis then described the family's woes over her terminal illness, chronic pain, and the fact that he was being evicted that same day.

Willis: She needed her pills refilled, she was suffering. We’ve been through hell and I, I couldn’t see her suffer anymore. We were being evicted today.
Dispatch: So she's been sick?
Willis: Yes very sick. Many, many, many times.

Dispatch: Did you guys ever talk about her getting better?
Willis: We tried. We done everything we could to keep her alive, but her liver’s shot. She’s had so many strokes and seizures, hip implant, neck fusion, uh…

The station reported that Willis told the dispatcher his wife didn't know she was going to be shot.

Dispatch: She knew you were going to do this? Did she ask you to?
Willis: No... I didn't want her to suffer anymore."

Willis, who has reportedly battled alcoholism in the past, told the dispatcher that he would be waiting on the porch for cops, and asked that they come to his house without their sirens on. He said he would place his gun on the top of the TV, according to the station.

Willis was charged with second-degree murder.

His son, Russell, told WFTS-TV that he never thought his father could ? .

"I've never once seen a side of him that's even capable of this," Russell Willis told the station. "Maybe he was so depressed. I don't know. ... I still love him, no matter what."

Comments