Why did Drake mess with Aaliyah's" At Your Best"?

Options
elzo69
elzo69 Confirm Email Posts: 2,707 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Reason
I mean I am not hating on the jew ? but some ? shouldnt be touched and he didnt even do it justice smh.

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Why did Aaliyah mess with The Isley Brothers' "At your best"?

Ether

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Aaliyah's At Your Best > Isley Brothers' At Your Best.

Back to the thread, I have no idea why Drake would mess with such a good song. Tbh, I don't even know why his career is blowing up like it is. The guy has no talent. Basic rhymes that anyone can come up with, and he can't sing for ? .
  • tab58064
    tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Aaliyah's At Your Best > Isley Brothers' At Your Best.

Back to the thread, I have no idea why Drake would mess with such a good song. Tbh, I don't even know why his career is blowing up like it is. The guy has no talent. Basic rhymes that anyone can come up with, and he can't sing for ? .
    Dude's arrogance is showing more & more while his average abilities are showing too, but are ignored by the media & his fans. His ambition simply doesn't match his abilities IMO, but he's allowed to get away with ? -over a hit song like Aaliyah's.
  • elzo69
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I no all about the Isley Brothers version I was just jamming to Aaliyah's version.
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    He used only small fragments of her song and made one of the best joints on album. Ya'll buggin
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    That Aaliyah sample wasn't needed on the song as it really didn't add anything too it. It feels like it's just there to be there. It's a nice song, but I don't really see the point of the Aaliyah sample.
  • tupacfan35
    tupacfan35 Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    As horrible as the song is, at least drake gives props to the late aaliyah.
  • elzo69
    edited June 2010
    Options
    That Aaliyah sample wasn't needed on the song as it really didn't add anything too it. It feels like it's just there to be there. It's a nice song, but I don't really see the point of the Aaliyah sample.

Thank You
    10 characters
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    drake coulda did w/o singin in his verse, but it was skr8, what really ? it up to me was the drums on da beat...the sample coulda been done alot better..this aaliyah sample>>>>>>