2002 Sacramento Kings

Options
white715
white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
What's the IC's opinion of this team? For a while I know cats seen them as under achievers or simply a team that wasn't good enough to get it done. But after 5 years since the Tim Donaghy story broke whats the feelings of this team and does that change your opinion on the '02 Lakers?

http://youtu.be/CM20eYjvwUM

Comments

• jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0KJvlSUB-w

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah...lakers cheated
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Actually..
    .not lakers cheating.......it was a strange game though
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh @ the league and the officials costing us our only chance to win a championship.....Now look at us..
  • Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The best team in the history of the nba that never won a championship.
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    That still annoys me, even though I'm not a Kings fan. And the NBA hasn't really been held accountable for that too, which is even more annoying. That whole situation was pathetic, that Kings team was fun to watch and would have massacred my Nets in the finals had they advanced like they should.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Portland and Sacramento = OKC Thunder

I am not a huge OKC fan but outside of San Antonio they have the best chance of a small market team to win it.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao, people act like the refs didn't cheat for the Lakers.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We still talking about this??? It's been damn near ten years!!!
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack. Not saying refs don't have a hidden agenda, but that ? looked no different than the games that are called today, and the worst officiating games in history is definitely Wade beating the Mavs.

Wade was getting Jordan calls times 10. Dude's shot attempts were like half his free throw attempts.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack. Not saying refs don't have a hidden agenda, but that ? looked no different than the games that are called today, and the worst officiating games in history is definitely Wade beating the Mavs.

Wade was getting Jordan calls times 10. Dude's shot attempts were like half his free throw attempts.

X Dallas' 4 Eva
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a decade later a ? feelings still hurt....
  • Copper
    Options
    Mr.Forte wrote: »

they werent better than clyde drexlers trailblazers or ewings knicks
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo I was saying this earlier them Kings were a great squad back in 02 also the 94 Suns
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options

Those squads had some ok, good and nice players but if one man destroys them all how good were they really? Michael Jordan with Scottie ( the original "Batman and Robin") killed those teams with all of that talent... Mike was the man... Lol the Knicks could barely beat the Pacers and Clyde was shown the door during the 91 Finals lol... Mike put Clyde at the Vince Carter and Tmac table before there was a table....... You ? lol... SMH.. How soon we forget...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0AGiq9j_Ak

I know this is a Kings thread and I was rockin with them hard and they got cheated.......... Made this thread a few months ago btw but yeah they got cheated

• Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The 02 Kings would murder both of those squads, espeacially them damn Knicks

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still burns nd I aint even a kings fan a slept on thing forgotten bout dat series was Samaki Walker hit a half court shot tht was after the buzzer at the half but they didnt have instant replay at dat time nd NBC showed dat shot shouldnt have counted nd how did dat game end.....Robert Horry hittin a game winning 3 pointer
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? like this is ammunition for the script theory.... Im telling u that ? be fake alot of times.... Portland got that same treatment.... Spurs did too the year Fisher hit that buzzer beater.. they were knocking Tony Parker around.... Dallas in 06.... Kobe busted Bibby nose with a elbow and the foul was called on him lol.. During that era point guards were torching LA'pg and tehy would put the "Kobe defensive stopper" on them and was allowed to hold bump and grab them. The Horry game winner vs Sac was scripted to me... cuz Sac stole the ball and had a dunk and the refs waited until they saw he had a break away to call the foul.... I knew he would miss the free throws.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    ? like this is ammunition for the script theory.... Im telling u that ? be fake alot of times.... Portland got that same treatment.... Spurs did too the year Fisher hit that buzzer beater.. they were knocking Tony Parker around.... Dallas in 06.... Kobe busted Bibby nose with a elbow and the foul was called on him lol.. During that era point guards were torching LA'pg and tehy would put the "Kobe defensive stopper" on them and was allowed to hold bump and grab them. The Horry game winner vs Sac was scripted to me... cuz Sac stole the ball and had a dunk and the refs waited until they saw he had a break away to call the foul.... I knew he would miss the free throws.

Lol @ Ruben Patterson
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    02 kings are overrated......02 was their highest point

? aint sniff the finals before or since

Early 90s blazers and mid 90s knicks>>>>>>
  • Copper
    Options
    TheIraq wrote: »

Those squads had some ok, good and nice players but if one man destroys them all how good were they really? Michael Jordan with Scottie ( the original "Batman and Robin") killed those teams with all of that talent... Mike was the man... Lol the Knicks could barely beat the Pacers and Clyde was shown the door during the 91 Finals lol... Mike put Clyde at the Vince Carter and Tmac table before there was a table....... You ? lol... SMH.. How soon we forget...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0AGiq9j_Ak

I know this is a Kings thread and I was rockin with them hard and they got cheated.......... Made this thread a few months ago btw but yeah they got cheated

? they played during the jordan era....jordan and pip would have done the same thing to those kings....yall forgetting that the kings were talented but soft as hell them ? stayed floppin....NY knicks would have put them on there ass several times. and u say they could barely beat the pacers the pacers were tough ? ....

early 90s NY knicks and pacers >>> 02 kings
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dam thats crazy I knew it was something the ? that went the Lakers way was unbelievable but never thought the game was fixed it makes u question alot more other games too
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Dude, they were a great team, but dont get crazy.

People need to quit overrating this team. They won 61 games by a margin of 7.6 PPG. There's alteast one, if not two teams that do that almost every year. The Bulls won 62 games last year by a margin of 7.3 PPG and no one's gonna call them one of the greats to never win a championship.