Why light skin men or women are preferred more

Options
waynefan
waynefan Members Posts: 129
edited March 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
From my experience caramel men were the most popular with girls but most people say that light skin just looks better.People confuse dark skin with brown skin alot of these "dark" ? are actually just brown like Columbus Short he aint dark he is brown skinned.

Men prefer light skin women it has nothing to do with their natural hair light skin just looks better thats all it is to it,super dark men or women are disliked because too dark is not attractive,some women who are brown get men but people call them dark skin when they just brown .

Why people make this a big issue when it aint the truth is that light skin does look better than dark and some brown.

Comments

• The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Light skin ? ain't been hot since New Jack City though.
  • waynefan
    Options
    Maybe not light skin but caramel skin ? been popular like Larenz Tate complextion girls seemed to like boys his complextion.In school the caramel boys were the most popular with girls.
  • GodSpeed215
    GodSpeed215 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually prefer dark skin chicks better, just preference is all, but I'll equally ? with dark, light or brown skin.

Light skin girls have always been slutier in my experiences though
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    light skinned chicks have always been preferred, even back when dark skin was in "style." Look in the ill pix and you see a light skinned chick with some body and ? automatically comment "I wife that dymepiece!" And a lot of ? get with light skinned chicks for the sake of light skinned babies.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Light skintid ? catching feelings.
  • waynefan
    Options
    So women get with light skin or caramel ? to have light babies or do they just like them.Girls go crazy over light skin ? Chris Brown those Rangers boys.Legacy from the new boyz I mean light skin men have always been prefered or even up to brown.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its preference to me dark skin females>
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People don't like real dark skin women for the same reason why some people don't like pasty ass white women. People have preferences and not all preference has to do with self hate or none of that ? . When it's hate is when people attribute bad ? /character flaws to someone skin complexion.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i like all the colors in the box....not that 16 count either im talkin bout the multi-cultural box with the sharpener on the back boi
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    Options
    You like what you like. I like dark, light, brown, yellow, chocolate, butter pecan, caramel . . . .
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a female on the lighter side of the spectrum and I like dark skin.
    There's something about a dark skinned Black male..So handsome <3

Your thread premise is dumb btw.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so we gonna pretend like a man (with a screen name of a lil wayne stan) didnt make this thread talkin bout columbus short and larenz tates skin??
  • waynefan
    Options
    I am not saying ALL people like light skin men/women or have a preference but from what I've seen light skin boys have always been the ones popular with girls if not light then brown skin boys.Some girls like dark skin boys not too dark more like Plies color if he is even dark but other races of women like black men with lighter skin.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? this convo goes on like everyday on here.Let it go troll
  • frostyicy
    frostyicy Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Why you name dropping so many ? man....that ? is ? .

And you said "caramel boys" cut that ? out....its ? as ? .

76933196-I'm-out-fore-here-.gif
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Because light skin is closer to white and white is what people are programmed to like by the media. Darker the skin the more threatening the person. Welcome to America.

Yup. People underestimate how much influence mainstream media and Hollywood has on their mind. Statistically Black people watch more TV (and spend more time on the internet) than any other racial group so they are getting the full brunt of the indoctrination.

Nowadays I try to be very selective with what I allow myself to watch.
    Wild Self wrote: »
    light skinned chicks have always been preferred, even back when dark skin was in "style." Look in the ill pix and you see a light skinned chick with some body and ? automatically comment "I wife that dymepiece!" And a lot of ? get with light skinned chicks for the sake of light skinned babies.

This also. I've been watching movies from the blaxploitation era recently and one thing I've noticed is that even back then cats were color-struck. Take for example, "Let's do it Again" released in 1975 with Sidney Poitier and Bill Cosby, every single female character with a significant role in that movie was light-skinned. And the female poster woman of blaxploitation was a light skinned female; Pam Grier. I will say though that it wasn't as bad as it is nowadays, and also I'm speaking from a small sample size as I haven't watched that many of them. Also alot of those movies were made with the input of, and distributed by white people and white companies so take of that what you will.

I do think things are getting better though. People are waking up to the facade that mainstream media has created and also more and more black people are embracing their natural hair. It's going to take at least another generation though to see any major change.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because light skin is closer to white and white is what people are programmed to like by the media. Darker the skin the more threatening the person. Welcome to America.

Yup. People underestimate how much influence mainstream media and Hollywood has on their mind. Statistically Black people watch more TV (and spend more time on the internet) than any other racial group so they are getting the full brunt of the indoctrination.

Nowadays I try to be very selective with what I allow myself to watch.
    Wild Self wrote: »

This also. I've been watching movies from the blaxploitation era recently and one thing I've noticed is that even back then cats were color-struck. Take for example, "Let's do it Again" released in 1975 with Sidney Poitier and Bill Cosby, every single female character with a significant role in that movie was light-skinned. And the female poster woman of blaxploitation was a light skinned female; Pam Grier. I will say though that it wasn't as bad as it is nowadays, and also I'm speaking from a small sample size as I haven't watched that many of them. Also alot of those movies were made with the input of, and distributed by white people and white companies so take of that what you will.

I do think things are getting better though. People are waking up to the facade that mainstream media has created and also more and more black people are embracing their natural hair. It's going to take at least another generation though to see any major change.

Hell, look at any music video in the last 20 years. Most lead chicks are lighter tone and long hair.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like all shades... with that said too pale can be as bad as too dark so it evens out
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waynefan wrote: »
    I am not saying ALL people like light skin men/women or have a preference but from what I've seen light skin boys have always been the ones popular with girls if not light then brown skin boys.Some girls like dark skin boys not too dark more like Plies color if he is even dark but other races of women like black men with lighter skin.

? hush
  • SloGGy
    SloGGy Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    Options

bingo