No ? but I miss the old Lupe Fiasco from the fareinheit mixtapes up to Food and Liquor..

Options
Elzo69Renaissance
Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in The Reason
Been listening to all that ? this morning and the sky was really the limit for homie..

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Typical this is when i first heard my favorite rapper so i expect him to recapture that feeling for me post. At what point do ya'll allow these rappers to evolves and stop trying to box them in.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    let's see what happens with FL2. He could bounce back from that lasers ?
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw man... The Cool>F&L
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets See What F&L2 Like Before We Completely Dismiss The Man
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    Naw man... The Cool>F&L

this.
    and I think F&L2 will be dope. Its like folks want rappers to remain the same. If Lasers was an acapella album, would you have still been disappointed? Cause to me, strip the album of the beats and his message is the same as its always been and its still a sharp (albeit not as in comparison to his previous works) in lyrics album.
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    $pyda wrote: »
    Naw man... The Cool>F&L

this.
    and I think F&L2 will be dope. Its like folks want rappers to remain the same. If Lasers was an acapella album, would you have still been disappointed? Cause to me, strip the album of the beats and his message is the same as its always been and its still a sharp (albeit not as in comparison to his previous works) in lyrics album.

Yeah, I thought the same. The only thing wack about lasers was the beats and hooks. thats why I'm surprised no ones tried to get an acapella version and remix it like tons of people did with the black album
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Typical this is when i first heard my favorite rapper so i expect him to recapture that feeling for me post. At what point do ya'll allow these rappers to evolves and stop trying to box them in.

To evolve into what exactly? it s pretty evident that he is not a fan of what he has been forced to evolve into..
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kanye evolved into a ? diva rapper
    jay evolved into a asthmatic rapper
    you gott love evolution
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    you gott love evolution
    what has budden evolved into?
  • bankrupt baller
    Options
    you gott love evolution
    what has budden evolved into?
    the goat

• yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $pyda wrote: »
    Naw man... The Cool>F&L

this.

Yeah, I thought the same. The only thing wack about lasers was the beats and hooks. thats why I'm surprised no ones tried to get an acapella version and remix it like tons of people did with the black album

Umm Jay put the album out acapella and told dj's and producers to do that

Why did thread starter say no ? ? That makes me think you are a ? for that.
  • bankrupt baller
    Options
    tied with pac of course
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

So u think Lupe evolved? or did he Devolve? you dont have to be exactly the same but atleast get better....
  • Washington_Red
    Washington_Red Members Posts: 255
    Options
    Its way to early to be writing Lupe off.

His first 2 albums were great.

At this point in Nas' career people were writing him off for making a pop-rap album (IWW) and the disappointing I Am & The Firm albums.

At this point in Raekwon's career people were writing him off for releasing The Lexx Diamond Story and Immobilarity.

One bad album shouldnt discount the work he's already put in. Nobody in rap has ever dropped 3 straight critically embraced albums.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "? want my old ? , by my old albums"?

..... I Think lupe will be ok
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

At this point in Nas' career people were writing him off for making a pop-rap album (IWW) and the disappointing I Am & The Firm albums.

At this point in Raekwon's career people were writing him off for releasing The Lexx Diamond Story and Immobilarity.

One bad album shouldnt discount the work he's already put in. Nobody in rap has ever dropped 3 straight critically embraced albums.

Not really that it seems as though the pasion is gone he is been halfassing it. I m starting to think he is on drugs..
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options

We live in the "what have you done for me lately" era
    1 bad album discredits a body of work full of dope music nowadays

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe is still an amazing rapper it's not like he feel off and spitting wack ? over these beats. he just tried different sounds and I don't blame him for experimenting. If he would've kept the same sound it would be the same ? talking about he needs to switch it up.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    Lupe is still an amazing rapper it's not like he feel off and spitting wack ? over these beats. he just tried different sounds and I don't blame him for experimenting. If he would've kept the same sound it would be the same ? talking about he needs to switch it up.

Not really the ? just didnt sound good to me... For example no matter where Kanye seems to take his music it always sounds good.
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    Options

Ice Cube?
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the cool is not better than F&L
  • Washington_Red
    Washington_Red Members Posts: 255
    Options

Ice Cube?

Thats why Cube is one of the GOATs
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »

not even better than the leaked version of F and L
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »

Not really the ? just didnt sound good to me... For example no matter where Kanye seems to take his music it always sounds good.

Kanye is a gifted producer, why wouldnt his music not sound good?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »

Wrong.