Diggy's Simmons Sells 22K

Options
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in The Reason
http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

This is a big change in hip hop buying trends that diggy flopped like this. Back in the early 2000's kid rappers like bow wow and romeo were selling allot better just because they were kids. Bow wow was even selling out arenas. But diggy who is a better MC than lil bow wow cant even push 50K in this current market.

Now i know many ? not buying records nowadays but still kid rappers used to mean a parent was legally buying it or a kid had money from a parent to actually buy the album.

I also think tweens are looking more toward what they think as "mature" adults as opposed to a clean kid rapper. Back in my day at a middle school aged kid we had both you liked the lil bow wow ? but you also ? with the parental advisory ? as well. But now i think kids are just looking for the explicit ? . This ins't a good look for rappers like lil twist trying to get at young market with future releases.

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's the ? with 106 and Park, it makes artist feel like they are bigger than they really are. lmfao It's funny how these mfs like Diggy and Mindless Behavior dominate the countdown but don't sell ? .

Even Justin Beiber, for all his stans the ? is only a platinum artist. Fans don't buy ?
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he was wack anyways. You really thought he was going go plat or some ? lol.?
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? said, "only a platinum artist"
    wtf
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its always best to build your fanbase organically. Never let these channels or labels do thee grinding for you.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

i knew he was gunna flop but its proof of what i had been thinking. and wack is in right now. this past year plus of wayne being outta jail he has been wack as ? ....and he also got to the peak of his fanbase which is now going down but his peak fanbase was when he was wack. all these awkward box lefty ? stay supporting lames like drake and wayne....they even were 100K strong for diggys mixtape but i knew they wouldn't buy his album.

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    That's the ? with 106 and Park, it makes artist feel like they are bigger than they really are. lmfao It's funny how these mfs like Diggy and Mindless Behavior dominate the countdown but don't sell ? .

Even Justin Beiber, for all his stans the ? is only a platinum artist. Fans don't buy ?

lol yeah thats a flop to be white and a pop singer fans are fickle.....i was about to add to my first comment tho if beiber did a "rap" album he would actually do solid numbers. Hell ? think Drake is the best "singer" despite the fact he cant sing so you know those same white folks gunna think beiber is the best "rapper" even though he cant rap lol.

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? said, "only a platinum artist"
    wtf

Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Rihanna,etc have rabid ass fans but not to the level of Justin Beiber. Do you know much all three ladies sell world wide at a minimum (atleast 3 mil). Justin Beiber ain't selling those type of numbers, he should be selling way more albums than that period.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    let the ? grind.... he young... gotta hit and honestly better den his brother... its funny cuz let him woulda sold 75 to 100 k yall same ? would be sayin " this is whats wrong wit hip hop... all these soft drake like ? comin out now" he not a bad rapper... he got his lane he gone appeal 2 females... he sold out his show in st. louis btw...
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man Bieber gets like 300K a show or something ridiculous like that. He ll be fine. But I do feel bad for the Digster tho...
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Hmmm Melanie Fiona did 31,000. I expected way less.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    let the ? grind.... he young... gotta hit and honestly better den his brother... its funny cuz let him woulda sold 75 to 100 k yall same ? would be sayin " this is whats wrong wit hip hop... all these soft drake like ? comin out now" he not a bad rapper... he got his lane he gone appeal 2 females... he sold out his show in st. louis btw...

nobody is saying he is a bad rapper its about his fans not being dedicated to buy the album. this guy already did grind and got a huge twitter following decent mixtape download numbers but when it came the the album nobody gave a ? to buy it. its not about selling shows because many rappers sell out shows and flop.

the fact that he sells out shows and has over a million twitter followers but can only get 20K of his 1million followers to pick up an album shows the lack of fan effort.

• MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Diggy has skills, but he hasn't been through anything in life that would make me want to sit down and listen to an album. I'll check his new music out in a couple of years, but I won't even bother listening to this ? . Isn't duke like 16?
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH @ his "fans" while I aint a diggy fan dude stays in his lane nd raps wat he knows I thought the teeny bopper parents woulda bought his clean rap CD
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Lol at 22k my ? . I can one have over 1 million followers on Twitter, sell out shows and flopped this bad?
  • Washington_Red
    Washington_Red Members Posts: 255
    Options
    I didnt even know he had a album out
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Diggy has skills, but he hasn't been through anything in life that would make me want to sit down and listen to an album. I'll check his new music out in a couple of years, but I won't even bother listening to this ? . Isn't duke like 16?

Thats is the biggest complex with him and his brother and they took 2 different approaches. Jojo started associating with people in the hood but nobody bought he was who he pretended to be. Diggy decided to just start rapping about standard swag rap type things to appeal to kids.

• Big Sean Anderson
    Big Sean Anderson Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    da problem with dis ? is he too selfish with the features. Dis ? need to get talented relevent rappers to hop on his track....robbery. Dis ? need to hip up tha home wayne or ask drake to do the hook or have kanye do 2/3 of a song like i did to get a hit boiii!

But dis ? depending b list names like tank jeremih and jada but then wanna do most the album with just him on some selfish ? . Selling albums is all about having a big ass ass ass feature (perferably dat can shake her ass) and have em do all the work for you boiii. Den you wake up with a few singles plats boii!
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hmmm Melanie Fiona did 31,000. I expected way less.

damn thats cold....and i like her......i didnt buy the album tho lol
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    da problem with dis ? is he too selfish with the features. Dis ? need to get talented relevent rappers to hop on his track....robbery. Dis ? need to hip up tha home wayne or ask drake to do the hook or have kanye do 2/3 of a song like i did to get a hit boiii!

But dis ? depending b list names like tank jeremih and jada but then wanna do most the album with just him on some selfish ? . Selling albums is all about having a big ass ass ass feature (perferably dat can shake her ass) and have em do all the work for you boiii. Den you wake up with a few singles plats boii!

It is kinda ironic how the song you have called "I do it" is your worst selling single from the album.....hopefully you get back to that mixtape flow otherwise your ass gunna be formerly famous and that is some real authentic ? right there boy.

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This doesn't mean anything really .... You have to build an audience before you can sell records .... People have to trust your ability to deliver a quality project ..... I remember when drake first dropped his debut and there was talk of how he could do a milli first week due to perceived popularity .... Well when he came in under 500k some said it was a disappointment but bottom line is he hadn't fully solidified his potential fan base when he came back the second time he killed the charts .... That's all it's about diggy needs more time to build a true audience who's going to rock with him ... The label can't just toss him out there as some novelty act and expect people to go buy his ? ... They should have held back let him continue to get his weight up then drop .... That's artist developement that's missing in this ADHD day and age
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at this ? Monizzle taking to himself.
  • juan travolta
    Options
    SMH @ his "fans" while I aint a diggy fan dude stays in his lane nd raps wat he knows I thought the teeny bopper parents woulda bought his clean rap CD

lol co sign. unlike jojo simmons whos a "goon".
  • juan travolta
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

i knew he was gunna flop but its proof of what i had been thinking. and wack is in right now. this past year plus of wayne being outta jail he has been wack as ? ....and he also got to the peak of his fanbase which is now going down but his peak fanbase was when he was wack. all these awkward box lefty ? stay supporting lames like drake and wayne....they even were 100K strong for diggys mixtape but i knew they wouldn't buy his album.

nah its only teenage girls who support diggy. At least from what i've seen, i don't know any guy who bump that ? . Could be wrong though.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They just didn't push him. the only push he got was being on the mindless behavior single. My 9 year old daughter likes diggy but she's never heard a track from him really. He needed to be doing more kid ? . There is no teenage rap category Never has been. bow wow was getting at children not teenagers when he 1st came out. Teenage girls change crushes adn ? every 5 minutes so marketing him towards that crowd wasn't going to work.

I don't see any commercials for the album on nick jr or nickelodeon. going on 106 park isn't enough if you want to reach kids. I don't even let my daughter watch that ? show.

There just isn't a market for him.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

nah its only teenage girls who support diggy. At least from what i've seen, i don't know any guy who bump that ? . Could be wrong though.

you're rigth but even with teenage girls they like the bad boy lil wayne over the diggy. and females tend to buy an album more if they like an artist. i think the just aren't as interested in diggy as much as they go crazy for wayne.